Ch 5 - Anniversary Date Pt. 3

Since No One Else Was Gonna Do It: Uni

Wheein was the first to wake up before the alarm could ruin their moment. Waking up in Hyejin’s arms is the best feeling in the world but there was something different this time. Usually, once Hyejin falls asleep, her grip loosens and the touch of heavy hands would lay upon Wheein. But this was the opposite. Despite Hyejin’s slumber, her grip on Wheein did not loosen. Nay, it stayed as firm as Wheein remembered it being before she closed her eyes and gave into her desire to sleep. 

Looking up to see if Hyejin was still asleep or just acting asleep, Wheein witnessed an ethereal glow on Hyejin’s face. The rays of the sun covered Hyejin’s face in it’s golden rays and turned her into a child of light. So, Wheein observed. Observed in order to prolong the amount of time she can be in Hyejin’s arms, and observe in order to study Hyejin’s facial structure in a different angle and study the light effects. But mostly to prolong the time in Hyejin’s strong embrace. But she did study. A little.

She studied for her thesis exhibition.

Sure, she has another four years until then, but better to gather reference materials now than wait till the last minute. She never really mentioned it before to anybody, but she found Hyejin to be a powerful muse. Even before getting to know her, Hyejin was an amazing inspiration, even if Wheein didn’t realise it at first. 

When she was first packing up her things to move out she stumbled upon a stash of artwork. At first, she just wanted to push them aside so she would not see the cringe that is old art, but a certain pair of eyes caught her attention. A pair of lion eyes. Quickly sifting through the other art, there was a familiar pattern. A pattern of strength and power with a significant focus on lions. Looking at them now, it was clear as to what her inspiration was. And here she thought she only noticed Hyejin in passing. Maybe she noticed Hyejin more than she realised. Maybe Hyejin had a bit of her heart before she could even fathom a possible friendship, let alone a whole relationship. 

Wheein lazily smiled at the thought. If she went back in time to tell her younger self that she would be dating Hyejin, well, there was only one response to that. A response, a feeling, that Wheein still feels even now.

Disbelief.

Disbelief on how anyone like Hyejin would be attracted to her. Disbelief at how much of a baby Hyejin actually is. Disbelief at how natural it feels to be with Hyejin. Disbelief at how happy she is with Hyejin. Disbelief at how lucky she is.

In all honesty, she believed that she would never find anyone to love, or anyone who would love her. Before Hyejin came along she started to think that maybe love just wasn’t for her. That the only thing in her cards was just acceptance. Afterall, what is love anyway? It was just a feeling that was expressed in words and actions like anything else. Sure, her parents love each other but they seem to be more of an outlier. From what she had observed throughout her life, it seems like love is just a label that is planted on things to make them seem alright. How can you be unhappy if you are with someone that you love? By labeling them as someone you love then you can never be unhappy. So, what is love if it’s just a label? Or maybe she was just being cynical. Seeing how happy her parents are and knowing their story, how could she not be a little bit envious? To have someone to stay by your side and not get bored of you or be driven mad after the rose colored glasses come off seems like a dream. An ideal that is obviously imaginary. 

But looking at Hyejin now, Wheein’s heart grew hopeful. Hopeful that love does exist and she found it. However, there is still a bit of her that is hesitant. A bit of her that expects that everything will crumble and her theory that love isn’t for her will be proven right. But, why? Here’s Hyejin who has done nothing but prove time and time again that she loves her, so why does she still have that belief that love isn’t for her? Maybe because--

“I can feel you burning a whole through my skull,” Hyejin’s soft voice fluttered as she began to regain consciousness.

“Wow, you actually woke up before the alarm,” Wheein pushed her thoughts aside and turned her focus back to the present. 

“I felt eyes reach me through my dreams, and I knew if I woke up then I would see the most beautiful woman in the world,” Hyejin smirked as she opened an eye to look at Wheein.

“You were doing so well today, why did you ruin it?” Wheein made a pained face before rolling off of Hyejin. Or, tried to. Hyejin’s grip remained strong and demanding

“What? I merely stated a fact.” Hyejin proudly huffed.

Wheein struggled in Hyejin’s embrace. She tried to wiggle her way out but Hyejin had some knowledge about grappling so it was all in vain. With a disgruntled noise, Wheein looked at Hyejin to see what she wanted.

Hyejin’s smirk grew as she met Wheein’s questioning gaze, “Kisses first.”

Wheein sighed while rolling her eyes before giving Hyejin a kiss. A kiss on the only place she could reach at their present position. Under Hyejin’s chin. Though, Hyejin isn’t the only one who can be difficult.

While Hyejin eagerly awaited for Wheein’s lips to make contact with her skin, a wicked smirk found its way on Wheein’s face. She knew what she had to do. It was the only thing to do to gain her freedom.

With her lips mere millimeters away, and Hyejin proudly smiling at what she thinks she’s about to receive, Wheein struck.

“Mlep,” Wheein Hyejin instead.

“JEEZUS,” Hyejin’s startled reaction was the moment Wheein made a dash for freedom. 

There was just one problem though.

Hyejin’s recovery time.

Wheein barely managed to get up before Hyejin pulled her back down again. She let out a small yelp as she fell onto Hyejin. Her hair easily cascading down and giving them the privacy they need. 

“Ah, thought you could pull a fast one, huh?” Hyejin smirked again before giving dozens of small pecks on Wheein’s face.

“Why are you an affectionate monster all of a sudden?”  Wheein used whatever upper body strength she had to veer away from Hyejin’s kissing attack. But all she did was flip their positions as Hyejin followed her wherever she went.

With Hyejin on top of her, Wheein couldn’t help but feel vulnerable. But not in a bad way. She felt vulnerable but she embraced it. She knows that Hyejin will never hurt her so there was nothing to fear or feel. Or so she thinks. Even she doesn’t recognize her own desire to be dominated by Hyejin at this very moment. Well, she does know something is there, it’s just that she doesn’t know what exactly. No, that’s a lie. She knows exactly what it is but she doesn’t want to face it. That irrational fear still holds her back from embracing what she really wants.

“Because I haven’t spent that much time with you,” Hyejin pouted while her eyes reflected her sadness. Sadness and a glint of something more. A glint that only showed up a little over a year ago. 

“You could’ve just asked, you know?” Wheein gave a soft smile and brought her hands to cup Hyejin’s face and pulled her head down so their foreheads could touch. 

“Asked for what? More time?” Hyejin looked like she contemplated fighting time itself at one point.

“More of me,”  Wheein gave Hyejin a soft kiss to drive her point across.

Well, it started off soft. 

The moment their lips touched, Hyejin deepened the kiss. Despite her efforts to tame the burning desire she has inside, Wheein couldn’t stop a groan from escaping. While Hyejin deepened the kiss and prolonged it as long as possible, that once tame desire raged against its shackles. Hyejin moved on to kissing down Wheein’s neck to a peeking collarbone while a hand freely roamed up Wheein’s body from underneath the oversized sweater, easily making the fabric hitch up and exposing supple skin to the cool air. 

Times like these, Wheein would maintain some sort of self control, especially if there are more things that needed to be done, but not this time. She’s been holding back and chaining down her own desire since last year, and during that time it has only grown. She can’t hold back anymore. She wants Hyejin. She needs Hyejin. Now was the time to give into such desires, irrational fear be damned. 

Hyejin purred in delight as Wheein melted under her touch. Usually it was a game to see how far she would have to go to make Wheein melt, but today was different. Wheein melted immediately, as if she was just waiting for something like this. Her groans during the kiss quickly turned into soft and begging whimpers as Hyejin’s touch caressed her body in time with Hyejin’s lips on her neck trailing downwards. As much as she enjoyed basking in Wheein’s scent, it was time to move on. Move on to the exposed supple skin that is begging for attention.

The moment Hyejin’s lips left Wheein’s neck, that was the only time she had to catch her breath. Catch her breath and stop herself from begging Hyejin to go back to her neck so she can feel those sensations again. She never thought such sensations could exist, or she just thought people’s reactions were just exaggerated. She almost regained her composure but the moment she felt Hyejin’s mouth on her lower stomach, all that composure went on the window. 

Wheein’s body automatically bucked under Hyejin’s lips, begging her to go lower. But she didn’t. As much as she wanted to, she needed to hear Wheein say it for her to go downwards. So, she went upwards. Slowly making her way up and enjoying Wheein’s reactions to her touch. Her hand easily pulled down Wheein’s bra as she began to fondle, no, more like gently massage, Wheein’s left . Taking the time to memorize every feature on it’s curved surface before finally replacing the hand with , making Wheein squirm even more. Not forgetting the other , Hyejin switched hands and gave the same treatment to the right while worked on the left. 

As much as Wheein wanted to say anything to convey her pleasure, she found herself drowning in the sensations she was feeling. Being exposed under the warmth of the sun made everything feel different. The heat she was already feeling as Hyejin made her advance combined with the heat of the sun made it almost unbearable. Being exposed out in the open like this brought a thrilling sensation that she never felt before. It heighted Hyejin’s touch even more and made each of her nerves scream for release. Everything was sensitive, more so than usual, and in an effort to tether herself into this realm of existence, she buried her hands in Hyejin’s mane. Earning a pleased hum from Hyejin as she continued her focus on Wheein’s s. 

However, Wheein had enough. She needs Hyejin to take care of the sensation between her legs. Sooner rather than later. With a small tug on Hyejin’s hair to make her look up, Wheein was going to finally say the words that Hyejin would’ve waited forever to hear.

“Hyejin-ah, please, I--”

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

The loud alarm made the both of them jump. Wheein was startled while Hyejin reacted by covering Wheein with her own body, as if protecting her from the offending alarm. After a quick second, both just sighed in defeat. Both of their desires vanished and they reluctantly let go of each other. 

“Evil lil bastard,” Hyejin angrily grumbled as she threw the offending phone to the side.

“Wow, you even throw in tiny,” Wheein observed as she got up to receive Hyejin’s phone.

“What does that even mean??” Hyejin asked as she began to roll up the blanket. 

“You just….throw in tiny?” Wheein shrugged. There wasn’t any other way to explain it. Hyejin just throws in tiny. It was cute and adorable and a clear example of her duality. 

“I don’t know if I should be offended or not, so I’m just going to be offended. How dare you,”  Hyejin huffed as she brought the rolled up blanket to the car.

Wheein just rolled her eyes as she made her way to the passenger side, “It’s a compliment.”

“Hah? A compliment?” Hyejin closed the trunk and walked over to open the passenger door, “How is ‘throwing in tiny’ a compliment?”

“It’s cute!”

“How?!”

“Cuz it’s tiny!”

“How?!?”

“It’s cute!!”

“That answered nothing!” 

“Oh my god, Hyejin, just take the compliment.” Wheein said in defeat.

“You could’ve just said that I was cute, ya know?” Hyejin said with a raised eyebrow. 

“You’re always cute so it would’ve been vague. I was referring to your action, which was tiny. Which--”

“Oh my god, please stop. I don’t want to hear about your thesis on the difference between tiny and cute.” Hyejin interrupted in a pained voice.

“There isn’t a difference!”

“Then why have different titles!”

“It’s just….” Wheein felt herself age a thousand years, “It’s just a thing…..Ok?”

Hyejin just squinted at Wheein. Unsure where Wheein gets her lingo, but not curious enough to find out.

“You have strange ways, Wheein-ah. And I love you for it,” Hyejin smiled fondly as Wheein finally got into the car.

Wheein chuckled at Hyejin’s words before beckoning her to come closer. With a tilt of her head, Hyejin obeyed and went around the car door to see what Wheein wanted. As soon as she was within range, Wheein pulled Hyejin close for a chaste kiss before leaning into her ear to whisper a few choice words. Choice words that made Hyejin vibrate with excitement and eager to get the day done. 

“We’ll continue later.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She doesn’t know how she was able to carry Hyejin back into their apartment. She doesn’t even know how she managed to plop Hyejin on the bed either. But she did. 

After a nice catch up with Hyejin’s parents, it was time for Wheein’s. They saved them for last since they figured that something would delay them. Which turned out to be true. Very true. 

They pulled into the driveway and no one immediately ran out to greet them. Their first clue. As they entered the house, it was strangely quiet. Their second clue. As they continued down the entry, towards the doors that lead to the verandah, the answer came to them. An answer in the form of Moonbyul being thrown across the verandah and they only saw her flying form through the frame of the doorway. They paused and looked at each other with different reactions. Wheein with concern and Hyejin with excitement.

“Yong, why can’t you practice this on a student again?” Came Moonbyul’s tired voice as she got up and made her way back to where Yong was.

“Because no one has the same physique as you,” Yong calmly replied as if it was the most obvious answer in the world.

“That still doesn’t--” As Moonbyul walked past the doorway, she turned to look down the entry and saw the two young girls there, “The kids!!”

As Moonbyul made a dash towards them, Yong quickly followed suit. The two quickly braced themselves for the crash that is about to occur and gladly embraced it. Moonbyul reached them first, followed by Yong, as they all went in for a group hug. And through the mighty power of their united braincell, they shuffled to the verandah before finally breaking off and Moonbyul and Yong finally bombarded the young girls with questions. Standards questions like how are they, and how are things going. All questions were answered quickly as there was a question that they wanted to ask.

“Mom, why were you throwing mother around?” Wheein gave her mother a comforting pat on the head. She knows all too well how her mom throws.

“Are you practicing a new technique or somethin’?” Hyejin excitedly asked. 

“Ah, not necessarily,” Yong chuckled, “Someone challenged me so I was just practicing some possible techniques and refreshing myself on them.”

Moonbyul let out a whine, “She says that the challenger has my physique but I think that’s a lie.”

“Whoa, you were actually challenged?? I thought that was like only in movies and shows or somethin.” Hyejin’s eyes sparkled in awe.

“Hah! I thought so too until I opened up the gym. Since then I’ve been getting challenges left and right,” Yong answered honestly.

“Wait, you never told me you got challenges,” Wheein questioned her mom. Wondering why she was never told about these challenges.

“Well, most of them fall through. Most of the challenges come from young, brash, hotheads,” Yong quickly glanced at Hyejin, “But then their coaches talked them out of it.”

“Hey, why did ya look at me?” Hyejin innocently asked.

“Because you fit the bill.” 

Hyejin gasped at the callout while Wheein giggled and Moonbyul shook her head.

“Anyway, wanna help me while you two are here?”

“No.”

“Yes!”

Moonbyul chuckled at the conflicting answers. 

Yong grinned big, “Alright, Hyejin-ah, prepare yourself!”

Hyejin grinned just as big, “I’m always prepared!”

Wheein barely made it out of the way before they finally went at each other.

“Shouldn’t Hyejin-ah change first?” Wheein asked her tired mother.

“Do you want to stop them?” Came her mother’s knowing reply.

Wheein swallowed her response as Moonbyul made a very valid point. 

And so, for the next couple of hours, Wheein spent some much needed time with her mother as her girlfriend was being flung around in the background. Totally normal. A normal way to end their day. Sort of.

While Hyejin made the drive back fine, it was only in the privacy of the elevator did she give in to her tired muscles. Quickly becoming dead weight on Wheein, who barely had time to stop Hyejin from falling to the ground, Hyejin softly whined.

“I owie.”

“This is what you get for skipping out on practice.” Wheein playfully scolding her as she dragged her out of the elevator.

“Meh.”

“Wow, one syllable response? You really must be out of it. And to think, Mom is only twice your age,”  Wheein talked to hide her struggle in dragging Hyejin along. 

“Mneh!”

“I don’t know what you mean. I’m perfectly innocent here.”

“Meh meh.”

“You’re the one who said yes. And you were the one who didn’t even change into some better clothes. Nor did you do any sort of stretches or warm ups!”

“..........Meh.”

“So, have we learned our lesson today?” Wheein finally reached their apartment and somehow managed to not drop the keys as she opened the door.

“......................................Meh.”

Wheein chuckled as she continued to drag Hyejin through their apartment. Being mindful to not bump into furniture and those evil corners, she finally made it into the bedroom. Gathering enough energy for the last push, Wheein continued until she was close enough to fling Hyejin onto the bed. Fling her face first.

Seeing Hyejin like this, Wheein almost wanted to just cuddle. But, she also knows Hyejin. She knows what Hyejin has been waiting for. She knows that Hyejin still has energy and strength left. She knows Hyejin was only being like this because she’s a pouty baby and she got her whooped and she couldn’t do anything about it. She knows what Hyejin has been wanting and it’s the same thing she has been wanting.

Hyejin gathered her thoughts as she laid face down on the bed. She mentally replayed Yong’s moves over and over and analyzed them. THinking of ways to counter or thinking of ways to improve them. She was so deep in thought that she barely noticed the sound of clothes being thrown on the ground. So deep in thought, that when she finally turned around to ask Wheein a question, her mind didn’t register what she was seeing. 

“Hey, Wheein-ah, what do you think about--”

It was only when Wheein was straddling her did it register.

“Hyejin-ah, I’m ready. I want you.”

The confidence in Wheein’s voice brought a tender smile on Hyejin’s lips. She reached up the caress Wheein’s face and pulled her down for a kiss. A sentimental kiss. 

“How far?” Hyejin asked as her hands began to roam Wheein’s exposed torso. Not yet exploring the newer regions. Not until she knows the boundaries.

“As far as you want.” Came the clear answer.

Hyejin’s purr ended as a growl as she flipped their positions. 

“Let me know if you want to stop, and I’ll stop, alright?”

“I know.”

Hyejin smiled and kissed Wheein one last time, “I love you.”

“I love you too.” Wheein smiled back. All of her trust and love is with Hyejin. 

Hyejin easily followed her same pattern of starting her trail of kisses at Wheein’s neck, but it felt different. This time the end was in new territory. This time Hyejin savoured each and every kiss and made them linger. Utilizing her tongue more and made Wheein into a squirming and whimpering mess. With only the soft words of her begging Hyejin to go further leaving , this was new territory. As new sensations left her gasping, this was a night of discovery. 

This was a night they would never forget.