Ch 7

Since No One Else Was Gonna Do It: Uni

They still had some time before Wheein would get back. The perfect time to strike. There’s just one problem. Sujeong was still with them.

Ji Yeon calmly sipped her drink while observing the two, keeping the very confused storm within her well contained. The very essence of being cool and collected while internally she wants to ask a million questions. But maybe, just maybe, she should just observe. Maybe the answer to at least one percent of her questions lie within the interaction between Sujeong and Hyejin.

But as time marched forward, only her questions rose. 

Sujeong was the same as she remembered. Kind, caring, and a bit of a wild card. The perfect combination to bring out Hyejin’s own wildness. A truly deadly combination. Specifically, a hyper and loud combination.

So, while they went about being loud beagles, Ji yeon contemplated and reflected. She remembered a time that she blocked out. The time that Sujeong occupied. And also the time that Sujeong occupied Hyejin’s heart. 

While that time was full of their own adventures, there was only one hiccup. The accident. Even Ji Yeon doesn’t know the details, nor does she know the exact circumstances of which caused it. All she knows is that after the accident Sujeong was no longer around. During this time, and even before, Ji Yeon wasn’t as present in Hyejin’s life as she is now. She just watched Hyejin from afar, always yearning to garner the attention of the growing lion. But she couldn’t. Sujeong was the one that caught the lion.

But that’s beside the point. All that matters is that Sujeong and Hyejin were a thing back during freshman and sophomore years in highschool, then there was an accident of some sort, Sujeong was never heard from again, and Hyejin moved on. At least, that’s what Ji Yeon thought. Looking at them now, Ji Yeon began to question what the hell is actually happening. Her million questions turned silent when one question grew louder and louder in her mind. A question that she finally got to ask after Sujeong finally left.

“Hyejin, what the ?” Ji Yeon did not move from her spot.

“Hm??” Hyejin still had a goofy grin on her face as she cleaned up the mess they left.

“Sujeong. Explain.” Ji Yeon stared at Hyejin. 

Hyejin just sighed and faced Ji Yeon with a tender look in her eye. 

“What do you want to know?”

“Everything. The last I remember was that Sujeong was in an accident and never heard from again. And, ever since then, you’ve never brought her up. It’s like you just wiped her from your memory!”

Ji Yeon was getting a bit frustrated. Frustrated at Hyejin, at Sujeong, and at herself.

Hyejin sighed once again and went to sit on the couch before finally answering.

“We all did, didn’t we?” Hyejin just shrugged. She was distancing herself emotionally from Ji Yeon’s confrontation. A technique that Ji Yeon knows all too well so she noticed immediately. 

“We did. We all did. And I will admit, I forgot all about her. But,” Ji Yeon got up to sit across from Hyejin on the couch, “Why didn’t you tell anyone about her? Why didn’t you say anything to me when you found out she was in your class?”

Hyejin chewed her lip as she wrangled with the garbled mess of thoughts that occupied her mind. Her thoughts had no words, just feelings. They were feelings that held lengthy definitions and trying to explain it would be ludicrous. She tried to explain anyway though. It’s the least she could do. 

“I….I wanted to keep her to myself,” Hyejin began to curl in on herself. She knows how it sounds but it’s not like that. She’s just being selfish. But even that isn’t a better explanation. It just seems like any word combination she throws out there to explain herself will paint her in a bad light, but it's the truth. No matter how ugly it's interpretation is. 

Ji Yeon’s head moved slightly as she heard the words uttered out of Hyejin’s mouth. Trying to comprehend the words beyond their as is value. Looking at Hyejin’s ever shrinking form, Ji Yeon knew that it was better to ask than to interpret.

“What do you mean?”

“I enjoyed the bliss too much….” Hyejin’s eyes were locked onto the floor. She knows how her words sounded but it was true. 

“Hyejin….” Ji Yeon scooted closer in order to place a comforting hand on Hyejin’s lap, “Do you….do you still feel something for her?”

Hyejin didn’t bother to look up. She didn’t even flinch. It was if Hyejin was still searching for the answer herself, and that’s what scared Ji Yeon the most. The fact that Hyejin faltered. That Hyejin didn’t immediately reassert her feelings for Wheein and Wheein only. But can she blame her? Can she really be angry at Hyejin? Her first love was ripped away from her from an accident of some sort, she moves on to a new love, then her first love appears again. But, is that really an excuse? Now that is a bold accusation. Hyejin is human. A human with feelings that run as deep as the ocean, and like the ocean, filled with many secrets. Secrets that can lead to complications. 

So, Ji Yeon couldn’t fault Hyejin for hesitating. Hell, she would probably do the same thing. 

Wait.

Something’s off though.

Something is missing to this equation called complicated feelings.

But the door opening and the loud groan from Wheein interrupted any chance to ask about the missing variable. Her cue to leave so she went to gather her things. 

Upon hearing Wheein’s voice, Hyejin instantly brightened and looked over the couch like a baby meerkat. The dark clouds of doubt vanished as her light returned to her. Albeit a bit grouchy. No, not grouchy, angry. Wheein’s eyes could kill and her jaw was taunt as she stomped her way to the living room. She didn’t even put up her bags and instead she just tossed them to the side like the nuisance they are. Her fury was clear to them both and before they knew it Wheein was in front of poor Hyejin with a fire in her eye. Well, for a moment before she straddled Hyejin and pulled her shirt in order to bring Hyejin in for a rough kiss. 

The kiss lasted a good minute before they finally broke for air. All the while Ji Yeon wanted to wither away and finally made her escape. But she wasn’t fast enough. She still had to hear the words out of Wheein’s mouth. 

“Whee--” As much as Hyejin enjoyed this side of Wheein, so rough, so demanding, she also wanted to know what got Wheein all upset. But the next words out of Wheein’s mouth stopped all of her thoughts. 

“I need you to me. Right now.”

Hyejin’s heart stopped. The only thing she could do was stare up at Wheein in awe. 

Ji Yeon choked, coughed, and stumbled through a couple of chairs but managed to remain upright. She dare not look back for she feared what scene may be transpiring, especially given the sound effects she was hearing. So, without further delay, she finally left Wheein and Hyejin to their own devices. But made a mental note to question Hyejin even more later. 

The moment the door closed, Wheein struck with a force of a thousand suns. kissing Hyejin again while letting her hands roam the skin that was hidden underneath Hyejin’s shirt. Earning a soft moan from the still flabbergasted Hyejin. The roaming hands that enjoyed the sensation of the soft skin soon became hungry and desperate. Clawing and pleading. Especially when Hyejin’s own hands had their own journey on Wheein’s skin. Hyejin expertly unclasped Wheein’s bra and quickly removed the undergarment along with the shirt. Now it was Wheein’s turn to moan as the exposed skin became Hyejin’s playground. 

Even though there was only one thought that was in her mind, there was still the slight worry about why Wheein was so angry. But, first, it was time to relieve Wheein’s stress.