The Encounter

Alumni Homecoming: Let's bring it back!

Seung Jo smiles while putting down the phone on its cradle. 'Oh Ha Ni. . Oh Ha Ni'.. he keeps repeating the name on his mind. Of course, he remembers her. Because, of all the girls he rejected in high school, her letter was the only one he actually read. Others, he actually turned down without reading them.

Seung Jo then looks at his desktop and sighs.....

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

FLASHBACK

 

*BSJ POV*

"Oh Ha Ni!.. Oh Ha Ni!" , a chubby girl kept on chanting that name  as I pass by the student's lounge. That name actually rings a bell.. 'Wait, where did I hear that?.. Ahh.. that girl who kicks the vend machine!.  I heard that annoying girl, Hong Jang Mi called her name. I couldn't believe that such skinny legs can actually make the vend machine works. But hey.. she's got nice legs there.'

"Oh Ha Ni!.. Oh Ha Ni!".. chubby girl chanted again. As I walked up the stairs, something hits me. 'Oh Ha Ni?'.. She's the one who sent me the letter which I actually graded because of grammar mistakes??... Aish!  I thought she's different from other  girls who wanted to put down their underwear just for me. With such an angelic face, I thought she's different from the girls I most hated. Not dumb girls.. no.. of course not. I am not too proud about me being a genius. I know that everyone has their own level of knowledge. Cheap girls, that is. I hate them. And she's no different from them. Ha!.. She has the guts to confess to me?.. How cheap!

In my annoyance, I don't know if its because of my disappointment about her or her friend yelling her name.. I stopped at the railings of the mezzanine and asks " Are you Oh Ha Ni?" 

As I went back downstairs, she nods and seems happy. She actually assumed that I replied to her letter. Her shy smile seemed to caught me off guard. It has radiated warmth in my heart that I couldn't speak. 

Annoying Hong Jang Mi snatched the letter from her and everything got out of hand. She was already humiliated in front of the student body. I said, " A pity it turned out like this, but..".. Aish!.. why didn't my voice show compassion?.. The words comes out in my usual icy tone even if I didn't want to sound like that... "I hate stupid women the most!"

There.. after I said it, I saw tears threatening in her eyes. But it's not for her. I was annoyed at Hong Jang Mi and she was that stupid girl who came barging in while I am talking to Oh Ha Ni.

Before I take my words back, an Elvis Presley look-a-like interferes in rescue of Oh Ha Ni. 

"Apologize!", he said. 'Who are you to tell me what I should do?' Ha Ni stopped 'Elvis' and it somewhat irritates me. They seem so close to each other. 

"Are you deaf? I want you to apologize".. This guy really gets on my nerves!

" What do you want me to apologize for?".. I asked.

"For correcting her mistakes!.. Do you only see the mistakes inside? Don't look only at the words!.. Look also at the content!"  This guy has a point but I won't  admit it infront of him. Instead I smacked on him the reality on the bulletin board that he belongs to the color which is an embarassment to the school.

Having said that, Ha Ni ran away to the amphitheater. It was too late to realize that I have just added an insult to injury because Ha Ni falls under that color too.