THIS IS THE NIGHT!

Alumni Homecoming: Let's bring it back!

 

OHN POV

Tonight is the homecoming and I am feeling nervous. This is the first time that I will see everyone again after 10 years and after missing out the graduation rites. As early as 5PM, I prepped up myself to be on time on the scheduled 7PM. Bong Joon Gu will be my and he will be arriving any moment.  I pulled my locks in an Eva Longoria inspired y waves and I am wearing a fitted, diamond studded Versace fringy chiffon one-shoulder column black cocktail dress to show off my highly defined curves. Then, I graced my feet with a pair of 7-inches Versace three-toned laminated mirror platform sandals which enhanced my legs to look longer and y.

I was admiring myself in the mirror when I heard the doorbell ringing, followed by steps coming from outside my room. My father knocks three times and called my name. “Ha Ni, Bong Joon Gu is here already!”

I check myself in the mirror for the last time and then open the door. Dad looked at me from head to toe and vice versa. “So Dad.. How do I look?”

“Enchanting!.. I can’t believe I have such a beautiful daughter.. What did I do in this world that God gave you to me as a daughter?... Or maybe there was baby switching that happened in the hospital when you were born…”, he followed it with a soft laugh and hug me.

“Dad!.. It’s in the blood.. hehe.. if the daughter is beautiful then the father is severely handsome!!..” , I joked.

“Alright!, Hurry! Bong Joon Gu is waiting!”

“OMG!  I forgot about him for a minute.. hehe..” I kissed him on the cheeks and went down the stairs. I saw Joon Gu wearing an ash gray Valentino suit and was very appealing and dignified looking, far from the gangster Bong Joon Gu with an Elvis Presley inspired hair in high school. I can say that Chris and living in Paris had made so many changes in him and in his life.

 

“Let’s go!”.. I broke his gazed towards me. “But before that… hmm.. where is your hanky?”.. I asked with a semi-serious face.

“Huh?.. Hanky?.. Why?.. Didn’t you bring yours?”, he asked.

“Of course, I have.. it’s just that you have to wipe that saliva off your left chin because you were literally drooling over when you saw me?... hehe”.. I joked and laughed out loud.

“Yah!,, Ha Ni!.. So now, you’re making fun of me? I am just admiring you because I’ve got such a beautiful friend. Not only the outside physique but also her insides.. her big heart.  And it is my honor to you Ms. Salutatorian.. hehe..”

“Hahaha.. I’m just kidding.. anyway thanks!.. I’m overwhelmed.. hahaha”

“You’re welcome!.” Joon Gu replied.

“Dad, we’re going now”, My father nods and told Bong Joon  Gu to take care of me.

______________________________________________________________________

 

OH KI DONG’S POV

“Bong Joon Gu, take care of my princess, ok?”

“You don’t have to tell me that, Father, you know I always takes care of her”, he said. I nod again and look at their retreating figures. My Ha Ni waves at me before closing the door of Joon Gu’s car. I took a deep breath. I am nervous. I am anxious on the events that will going to happen tonight.  Will she be happy after tonight? Or, will she be in pain again? But Geum Hee assured me. Everything has been taken care of. I am just hoping for the best. Ah, I should get myself ready.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

BSJ POV

This is the night. But still I am lazing around my room. The images of yesterday’s scene at the mall still haunt me. Ha Ni has a boyfriend. I guess there is no chance for me to make up for whatever misunderstanding that happened in the past. I should move on.  I should say sorry, though. I never had a chance before. I will do it now. Tonight.

“Yah!, Seung Jo! Why haven’t you come out yet?.. It’s already 6:30 in the evening. You might get late for the program. You have a speech right?.” I hear my mother’s voice from outside. Aish! She’s more excited than me. I should get nervous because of that. I opened the door and came out,

“Woah! There you go. . so handsome! You look perfect for tonight!” , she squeals in her usual tone.

“Mom, what’s so special about tonight?  It’s just a reunion. If it isn’t because of Mr. Song, I won’t attend that kind of event.” I said in my usual icy tone.

“Hmmm.. are you not really excited??.. Of course, I know… there is someone you want to see after all these years.. am I correct or I am correct?”

“Huh!.. Who would it be? I never made friends in high school.. you know that.”

“Hmmm.. mommy knows a secret…”.. Why do I feel that she keeps on teasing me? “But I won’t tell until you admit it yourself.”, she continues.

“I’m gonna be late. I should go now.” I said dismissing the discussion.

“Son, goodluck! Be Happy!”.. she said after closing the door.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

HWANG GEUM HEE’S POV


After closing the door, I hurriedly prepped up myself. I shouldn’t be late. I knock on Eun Jo’s room to see if he’s ready too. Nothing should ever go wrong tonight.