Almost

Alumni Homecoming: Let's bring it back!

 

BSJ POV

 

‘Aish! My mom is so troublesome.’.. It is on the time like this I can actually know that she has cooked something that concerns me. I tried to figure it out but I can do nothing about it. I just warned myself to get ready. I’m not even nervous about it. Knowing my mom being anxious about something this time, I am actually hoping that this also concerns Oh Ha Ni.

The reunion is in three days and I am feeling anxious about it. That is why I told my mom I might not attend the event. Anyway, the seminar thing is just a hoax. I just said it to my mom as I have no other alibi.

As days pass by and the date of the reunion is fast approaching, I became restless and could have died in anticipation knowing Oh Ha Ni will be there. I don’t know what I am going to do when I see her. It’s like having a crush for the first time and you get nervous whenever you see her. Not that I had any other crush, it’s just her.. only her.. that I can only admit right now.. at this moment… after ten years.

I don’t know how and when this crush has developed and I even don’t know I am capable of that being the ice prince. Perhaps, it started when I first saw her in the magazine.. or in our first encounter.. I don’t know.. but I became obsess to know everything about her just like a fanboy. I read every write ups about her online and in magazines. That’s why I know that she is not committed at all, though I’ve read somewhere that she has dated some men. And that sometimes pisses me off.

I was thinking maybe, she’s still mad at me. I was hoping she isn’t.

______________________________________________________________________

OHN POV

After indulging myself to a warm milk bath, I called Chris to come over at dinner and to inquire about the outfit that I am going to wear at the reunion. Thinking about it, I can’t help myself but to think about Baek Seung Jo, my only crush in high school, and the one who called me stupid.

I touch my chest if the pain of humiliation is still there but I feel nothing. He maybe has his own family right now. I won’t blame my Dad if he wants me to get married already since at this age, my contemporaries are all married. I sighed at the thought. Joo Ri has been married to a military man for seven years now. She got married before I left for Paris and I was one of the Maids Of Honor, Min Ah is the other one who got married two years ago in Japan. I needed to have a quick visit because I was also the Maid of Honor. 

Still on my robe, I called Min Ah first. “Hello? Who’s this?” I heard her asked on the other line.

“Yah!  Min Ah.. Ha Ni here!”

“Yah!.. Ha Ni.. You have arrived?”

“Yes, just this morning… I want you and Joo Ri to come over at dinner here at the house tonight. OK?.. We’ll catch up later.. I missed you both.” , then I hang up.

I went near my ward robe and pull a red silk nighties and a black underwear. After I dried my hair using a blower, I lie down on my bed to catch up some sleep.

 

BSJ POV

“Seung Jo, don’t forget to pick up your suit at Valentino’s this afternoon, alright?”..my mother reminded before I left the house this morning. So after my shift, I drive to the mall to pick up the suit my mother has purchased for me.

The saleslady welcomed me and flashes her big smile. “Good afternoon Sir!.. How may I help you?”

“I’m here to pick up the suit my mother has bought for me.” I told her.

“Oh, Are you Dr. Baek?”, she inquired. I nodded. “I was instructed to ask you to pick your choice on the new arrivals.

“Huh?.. I thought my mother has chosen for me already..”

“No Sir.. Actually it was our in-house stylist who chose for you.. so your options have just broke down into the best three.  She picked them up according to what your mother has instructed.”

I rolled my eyes since I’m not really a fan of shopping. “Ok, just bring them out so that I can choose.”

She went to the backside of the boutique and after a while came back with three suits designs. All of them are so expensive, but I don’t have the heart to decline my Mom’s wishes now. I choose the black four-piece suit because it is more formal. I gave my size to the saleslady and she went to get the one that will fit on me. While I was waiting for her, I peeked outside and suddenly I saw the back of a lady entering the Versace boutique. She was wearing a black fringe tube, a black short shorts and a seven inch red spiky heel-less DAS shoes. She was carrying a red Prada bag. Looking at her back physique, I thought I saw Oh Ha Ni. Just as I was starting to walk to take a closer look, the saleslady called me.

 

“Dr. Baek, please fit this one first.”

 

______________________________________________________________________

OHN POV

The dinner with my friends last night was a blast. I missed them a lot so we had party all night.  Joo Ri and Min Ah had to stay in the guest room since it ended around 4AM.  I woke up at 12PM, without seeing them went home already. I called my assistant after I took a quick shower to ask her about my stuff but I cannot contact her.  She maybe has gone home to the Philippines. I will just email her later and ask her number she is using in her country.  I put on my black ensembles and go to So Pal Bok. How I missed my Dad’s noodles!

He was surprised upon seeing me. “Ha Ni, what are you doing here?”

“To eat breakfast.”.. I said since I haven’t any meal yet.

“Breakfast?.. at 2PM?.. You haven’t eaten any meal since you woke up?”

“Yeah, I just woke up at 12PM.. and I’m hungry right now… I want my favorite spicy seafood noodles.”

My father personally prepared my order and I enjoyed it so much. At 5PM, I headed to the mall since I have an appointment with Chris. I entered our Versace boutique and all of the staff greeted me. “Good Afternoon Ma’am. Welcome Home!”

“Thank you for the warm welcome.” I replied.” Where is Chris?”

“She’s at the office Ma’am. I’ll call her for you.” One of the staff said.

“Oh.. thanks please..” As I was waiting for Chris to come out I caught sight of a man’s profile inside the Valentino shop. That man’s profile reminded me of Baek Seung Jo because they have the same built. I was trying to peek closer when someone calls my name.

“Oh Ha Ni!”

“Yah!.. Bong Joon Gu!” I hug him and kiss him on his cheeks since he wasn’t able to come last night because there was an event in his restobar that he couldn’t just left. “I missed you for six months and last night.”

“I am sorry Ha Ni.. there was an event and –“

“I know..  Chris told me already.. no more apologies.”.. We’re still hugging each other when Chris came out.

“Hey, I’m jealous.”, Chris said. “Why didn’t you wait for me so we can have a group hug?”.. We all laughed to her statement.

When I turn my gaze again to Valentino, the man has left already.

______________________________________________________________________

BSJ POV

While waiting for my suit to be packed, I turned my gaze to the Versace shop. ‘Oh Ha Ni?’, my mind is shouting her name since  I have a better view right now. But I saw a man hugging and kissing her. I felt my chest tightened at the sight of this. Without saying thank you, I stormed out the boutique and never looked back.

That scene has never left my mind that’s why I almost hit another car on my way home.

“Did you get your suit?”.my mother ask as soon as she sees me entering our door as if she was actually waiting for me. I am not in the mood to talk right now that’s why I just handed her the plastic packaging. “Hey, son, what’s wrong?”

I did not answer her and go directly upstairs. However, I noticed in my peripheral vision that she was smiling.  ‘What a way of asking her son what’s wrong.. aish!’