BAEK EUN JO and BAE SUE JI

Alumni Homecoming: Let's bring it back!

 

BEJ POV
 I closed the door of their room and smiled widely. ‘Seung Jo hyung is one hell of a lucky guy! He can be finally happy because the girl of his dreams is already right here on his side. Omma is really something. She can be annoying at times but this time, I can say that she really knows what her children want. I wouldn’t be surprise if she hooked me up soon to the girl I’ve been eyeing since middle school.  This time I wouldn’t disagree.’

I was in the middle of my thoughts when I bumped into someone. ‘Wait, is she?’

“BAE SUE JI??”

“Huh?.. Baek Eun Jo!.. What are you doing here?” she asked, visibly surprised upon seeing me.

“You.. what are you doing here?” I asked back.

“I—i.. Yah!.. I asked first.. and besides.. it’s none of your business!.. let me pass..”

“I won’t.”

“Why?”

“Because you are heading to that room.”.. I said pointing hyung and noona’s room.

“So?.. What is it to you?”

“What is it to me?.. Huh!.. you’ll gonna ruin two people in love’s moment.”

“I just want to see unnie..”

“Unnie? .. You know Hani Noona?”

“Yes.. is there a problem with that?”

“How is that possible?”

“Come closer..give me your ears..”she said. When I did what she said, “IT”S NONE Of YOUR BUSINESSS!!!!!!”.. she shouted in a way that could make my eardrum broke at that moment. “ So let me pass!”

She has almost escaped from my grasp but I grabbed her waist, put her on my shoulder and headed to the elevator. 

“Put me down.” She shouted beating up my back. As soon as the elevator doors shuts, I put her down.

“What is your problem?!” she hissed.

“I told you earlier you’ll gonna ruin their moment and I won’t allow it!” , I said without noticing my hands are still wrapped around her waist while my eyes are roaming around her  face.

“I won’t—hmpp”..I’m sure her eyes widen at the sudden kiss I give to her. She was struggling for some seconds but slowly taking in my kisses, imitating the way my lips move into hers.  When she does that, I swear I wanted the world to stop right at this moment. Then came a loud DING! which signaled that the elevator has stopped. I took so much effort to release her lips from mine. I reached her left hand and slowly pulled her out.  I approach my parents at the lobby and told them to go ahead.

“Yah, Baek Eun Jo! Where are you going and who is this pretty lady here?” My mom asked me but looking and smiling at Sue Ji.

“Some fan of Ha Ni noona who tried to ruin the moment between the two.”

“Mwoh?.. Yah!.. Baek Eun Jo, I’m not just some fan!. I know Ha Ni unnie personally.”

“Yeah right.. and I’m friends to  Kim Hyun Joong, the famous Hallyu star!”.. I said mocking her disbelief in my voice. “Mom. We’ll go ahead.. I have to make sure she will not cause any trouble by keeping her away from them.” I pulled her out of the hotel and away from my mother’s scrutinizing gaze.

Holding her hand, we head to hyung’s car at the parking lot. I, silently, am praying he wouldn’t kill me this time. I realized I forgot to return his keys. I guess it wouldn’t hurt a bit if I used his car since I didn’t bring mine. 
_____________________________________________________________________

 

BAE SUE JI’S POV

‘Aish!, what is he trying to do dragging me out here? And what was that? He kissed me?’ When we reached the parking lot, he dragged me inside the car,. He went to the driver’s seat and I was waiting for him to start the engine. When I looked at him, I found out he was looking at me.

“What?” I snapped.” Oh wait!.  What was that?” I am asking about the kiss.

“That what?”.. I don’t  know if he’s just teasing me or what.

“Ww-why did you kk-kiss me?.. You already stole my first kiss then?  And my… my…”

 

“What?.. What did I steal from you aside from your first kiss?

 

“Second, third.. kiss?.. whatever”


“Oh.. Do you want me to give it back to you?” he said while attempting to close the gap between us.

“No,no, no.. never mind!’’ I said pushing his chest. ‘Omo, his chest is as hard as rock.’ I blushed at the thought, oblivious to the smirk he’s escorting right now.

“Like what you touch?”.. he asked smirking. I quickly pulled up my hands but he grabbed them kissing my palms which send shivers down my spine.

 

“What are you doing?” I finally ask.

“Seducing you.” He said.

“And why is that?” ‘Oh no! Be still my heart. He is just like his brother! Ok, Bae Sue Ji Remember that.’.. I reminded myself.

“To make you fall in love with me again.”

______________________________________________________________________

FLASHBACK (In Middle School to HIgh School)

‘Omo, Baek Eun Jo is first again!’ 15-year old Bae Sue Ji thought while checking out the notice board. ‘There’s really no way he would notice me. He’s on Class 1 and I’m on Class 7.

“Hey, Sue Ji!”, My friend Hye Mi whispered to her. “You’re prince charming is coming.” She said without noticing that somebody has heard what she said.

“What???.. Bae Sue Ji., you have a crush on Baek Eun Jo?”.. the school’s Eun Ri said loudly. Sue Ji automatically darted her eyes to Eun Jo and like what she fears, he’s actually looking at her too amidst the students’ laughter and mockery of her.

Humiliation enveloped her, so she started to run away from the crowd. Hye Mi following her.  When they reached the back of the building, she stopped and cried silently. Hye Mi then doesn’t know what to do to comfort her.

“Sue Ji, I am very sorry.” Hye Mi said.

“It’s alright, you don’t have to apologize.”.. I responded while sobbing.

“But it’s my fault. If I hadn’t said that, Eun Ri wouldn’t have heard it.”

“I said it’s ok Hye Mi. What’s done is done…there’s still something we can do about it”

“Huh?.. and what is that?”

“I will deny it.” She said, determined to save her face.

“Then, why did you run away?”

“I’m just humiliated, that is all.” she said smirking. “This is the time Hye Mi.”

 

Hye Mi smiled at what she heard. She understands what her friend is up to. They were friends since they were little and she knows her completely. She knows Sue Ji can be bratty and y at times. It is the result of being raised up by parents who were always abroad and have never had a spare time to give to their only daughter. In spite of that, Sue Ji grows up to be kind and generous. The only ones who truly know the real Sue Ji is her and her mother, who is working at the Bae household as a governess.

Sue Ji is not actually stupid. Her being in the Class 7 is her choice as a form of silent rebellion to her parents. If she could let reason to control her, she will be at the Class 1 like Hye Mi and Baek Eun Jo. Hye Mi has to be at Class 1 because Sue Ji’s parents pay for her tuition fees. But although she is in the Class 1, she only hangs out with Sue Ji in school. Everyone in Class 1 was snobs, except Baek Eun Jo. Eventhough, they are not friends, Eun Jo is the only one who bows his head whenever she enters the class.

“It’s about time Hye Mi. No one will dare to bully us anymore, because if they dare, they can get a piece of me..”,Sue Ji said with determination.”Not only that,  I will prove to them I am not entirely head over heels with that Baek Eun Jo. I can even surpass his place at that Top 50 list!”
_____________________________________________________________________

Mean while, as Sue Ji and Hye Mi ran away, Eun Jo was in the middle of his thoughts. ‘Bae Sue Ji has a crush on me?’

He couldn’t believe it. Sue Ji, even though she belongs to Class 7, was the school’s sweetheart. She may not smile a lot, but it doesn’t hinder a flock of guys to drool over her, the first time they saw her and Baek Eun Jo was no exception. But she seems to hate the male specie that she told those who tried to woo her straight to their faces to just scram and never show their faces in front of her again. Because of this, some of the higher classes hated her, especially the school’s Eun Ri.

“Yo bro, Sue Ji likes you.. haha.. What are you going to do now?”.. Jin Guk teases him for he knows, he also has a thing for her.

“I don’t know, is that even true?.. I don’t think she likes me.”

“Oh c’mon. Did you see her reaction?.. She turned crimson all over. And every girl here loves Baek Eun Jo, eh!”
“That’s not true..I know there’s one girl who doesn’t like me… but you..” It’s his turn this time to tease Jin Guk.

“Aw.. don’t give me that!.. We are not talking about me, we’re talking about you!” He can feel her friend becomes tense, and look around as if checking whether someone could hear their conversation.

“Come to think of it.. I will pursue Sue Ji and you will pursue her friend Hye Mi… Isn’t that great?”


“Huh!.. She wished! I don’t like her type. ”

“Why not? Hye Mi is not a bad thing. If you could just look behind those nerdy eyeglasses, you could see that she’s beautiful.”

“Why don’t you just pursue her yourself?”

“Dare?”.. Eun Jo tests his friend. “I can do it.”.. he added. He can see the sudden change of emotion in his friend’s face. He looks bothered.

“Got yah!.. hahaha.. Why won’t you admit it?”.. Eun Jo tapped his friend’s shoulder. “Remember, if you’re not going to do it, somebody will.”

“Aish!.. Why won’t you tell that to yourself? She likes you man!.”

“Do you know who you speaking with? I am Baek Eun Jo, I should like a girl with the same level as mine.”.. Eun Jo responded oblivious to his surroundings.

“So, do you really want to be your genius brother who was still sulking about his long lost love? Man.. don’t blame me if didn’t tell you ‘I told you so’..You will lead the same path as him… which is cold, boring.. and -–“ .. Something has made Jin Guk not to continue what he was saying.

“Huh! Baek Eun Jo, so you will not like a girl who was not at the same level as you?” .. He turned around and see Bae Sue Ji with hate in her eyes. “Who are you to look down on people like that? You think you’re a God?.. You just wait.. You don’t know who you are messing with.” She turned around and left leaving Eun Jo shocked and astound.

That was the start of their constant bickering and competition. Sue Ji then managed to climb up to the top 50 list claiming the top 2 seat. She still couldn’t manage to displace Eun Jo at the first place and it infuriates her more. Their competition reached until high school. Sue Ji then entered the Class 1.

“Sue Ji..” Hye Mi calls her friend with a bit of hesitation.

“Yes? Hye Mi.. what’s the problem? You looked bothered.”

“No, no,,nothing is wrong..it’s just that..”

“What is it?” Sue Ji asked a bit irritated. Because somehow she knows the reason why she was a bit hesitant to tell her whatever that is, as she looked behind her friend, seeing Jin Guk leaning at the door.

“Uhm.. Jin Guk asked me out..”

“Hye Mi, even if I hate his friend, I couldn’t make that thing the reason to hinder you to like him, you know that. I have no rights to control your life.”

“I know, I know.. that is why.. I am going to ask you to come with us..”

“What?.. It’s your date! I don’t want to be a chaperone!”

“Sue Ji, please do this for me.. Mom will not allow me to go if you will not come… please..” Hye Mi pleaded.

“Alright, alright! I will go..aish!” .. she knows she couldn’t refuse when Hye Mi pleaded. She’s the sister she never had and the only one who can cope up with her until this time.

“AAAaiiii.. Thank you, thank you sis!”.. she said hugging Sue Ji.
_____________________________________________________________________
 

BAE SU JI POV


“Hye Mi!.. What is he doing here?” .. I said gritting my teeth upon seeing Baek Eun Jo with Jin Guk at the lobby of the movie theater. It seems that I am not the only one who will be chaperoning these two lovebirds.

“Hello, Sue Ji.” Jin Guk greeted me after Hye Mi.

“Hello your face!.. What is he doing here??!!”.. I could feel my BP rise up with that question.

“Uhmm.. sis..” Hye Mi begins explaining with awkward smile on her face. “You see, it’s hassle if we have only you chaperoning us so we also dragged Eun Jo here.

I look at him who seem to not bother with my presence. Still, the ever cold Baek Eun Jo but he still can managed to look at me straight into my eyes which could easily broke down my shield.

“So let’s go inside?.. I already have the tickets.” I heard Jin Guk saying that. Eun Jo followed suit, and I was left stunned.  I was going to take a step when Eun Jo looked behind and saw me frozen in my place. He takes turn, grabbed my left hand and pulled me inside the theater.

Of course, the two lovebirds are sitting next to each other. So I have no option but to sit beside Eun Jo on my left, Hye Mi on my right. However, I don’t have the heart to ruin their date, so I never spoke a single word to Hye Mi who seemed to forget she was also with her bestfriend who she commissioned to accompany her.

The movie is a romantic comedy about two girls who were best friends. The other one is engaged to be married and other one has no boyfriend. Accidentally, the girl with no boyfriend slept with her bestfriend’s fiancé who turns out to be in love with her even before when they were still attending law school.

“Are you going to do that with your best friend?” Eun Jo asked without warning.

I was shocked with that question. “Of course not!.. I won’t!.. Never!.. What kind of question was that?”

“It’s a relief..” he just said.

“Huh?”.. I looked at him but he didn’t respond. I just then focused my eyes on the big screen. It’s cold inside the theater, so I planned to hug myself even though I am already wearing a sweater and a neck warmer. I felt my hand is still intertwining with Eun Jo’s ever since he pulled me from outside. ‘Omo. I didn’t even notice it just now. Did I enjoy it?’

 

BAEK EUN JO’s POV

I felt she is pulling her hand already.

“It’s cold.”.. I heard her say. I shifted my right arm to her shoulder letting her hand go in the process. I pulled her towards me and put her head on my chest to somewhat provide her warmth that she needed. I felt her hesitation but I still held her tight. The love scenes on the film seemed to have an effect on her as much as it did to me. I could feel her body tensed up but it’s nothing the way my body reacted feeling her in my arms.

She lifted her head and look at me. With that, I slowly kissed her lips worrying I would scare her, but no. She accepted it. I gaped her lips and explored with my tongue. Then I shifted my attention to just her lips, kissing them, lightly biting them, them. When I pulled off to catch some air, she seemed to realize what had happened. I quickly grabbed her hand and pulled her outside the theater. I took her to a nearest park and sit with her at a bench placed in an isolated part of the park.

“OK, let’s talk about what happened.” She seemed to not moving. I shifted my position in front of her and squat on my knees. I took a deep breath first, and said.. “I like you.”

It was then that she looked at me, eyes looking confused. “Yes. I like you ever since I first saw you. I just .don’t know how to tell that to you.” I held both her hands

“But you said you won’t like a girl with my level.” She seemed to doubt my confession

I only said that because I thought everyone will mock me then.”

“But just because I am at the Class 1 now, now you’re saying you like me already?”

“Didn’t you hear what I said? I like you even before… It’s just that I’m too young then to actually realize what I really want..So will you be my girl?”

“What?.. I-I don’t know.. it’s so sudden.. and you didn’t even ask me first if I like you too.”

“Oh, I know you like me too even before..I even felt it in your kiss earlier”

“Some confidence huh!” She stood up causing me to fell down at the ground. I quickly braced myself with my hands on the ground.

She offered her hand for me to stand up and a mischievous idea popped inside my head. I reached for her hand, but instead of standing up, I pulled her hands causing her to trip over me. I quickly catch her, s my other arm around her, the other grabbing her head and captured her lips. I slowly shifted our bodies causing us to lie down on our sides.  I made my arm as her pillow without breaking the kiss. We kissed each other for some more minutes before I gather the courage to free her lips from mine. Still breathing hard, I touched her forehead with mine.

 “You’re my girl now.” I said totally lifting my body from her and just lie down beside her and together we stared at the stars.

______________________________________________________________________

BAE SUE JI’S POV

That night at the park was just the start. There’s no use pretending that I hate him, for in fact, I really like him ever since. I always smile while spacing out whenever I thought of those kisses we’ve shared at the theater and at the park. 

We decided not to make it so obvious at school since everyone knows that we are constant rivals since middle school. Our bickering still continues but we more sound as a bickering cute couple than honor rivals.

Graduation came and there will be an after party. Hye Mi and I are dressed to the nines with our cocktail dresses that barely reached our mid thighs. Jin Guk was commissioned to bring us both again since Eun Jo will be waiting for me at the lobby of the school’s hall. That was what I believe in.

When we arrived at the auditorium, there’s no Eun Jo waiting for me. I looked at Jin Guk, eyes questioning why. He shrugged off and said..”He maybe was inside already.”

I followed Hye Mi and Jin Guk inside the hall, my eyes searching for Eun Jo. But I couldn’t find him anywhere. I heard Jin Guk asking some students if he saw Eun Jo from around here, but there is no positive answer. I excuse myself to go to the rest room since I feel I’m heating up from annoyance.

I opened the door of the female restroom and was surprised of what I see. The one I was looking for inside the hall is right here inside the rest room kissing the school’s Eun Ri. I quickly ran away from that place and never looked back again.