A PLANNED DESTINY

Alumni Homecoming: Let's bring it back!

 

OHN POV

After my speech, I was ushered at the center of the platform and then Mr. Song called Baek Seung Jo.  As he was walking to the stage, I felt I travelled back to the past when I was always waiting for him to arrive at the school gates every morning. As if I was in a trance, I barely noticed that he has ended his speech, and then.. a voice over has surrounded the hall.

‘What? I am to marry Baek Seung Jo?’ I feel my body trembling and I suddenly get dizzy. My knees succeedingly shut down and my world gets all black. In my subsconscious, I could feel warm arms and body catch me and a worried voice is calling my name. Wait.. My Dad is here? I wanted to open my eyes but I feel a strong force is pulling me down the whirlpool of darkness.

 

 

BSJ POV

I caught her just in time. People started to gather around us and as expected, there are my Mom, my Dad and my brother Eun Jo. An old man fell to his knees and slightly slapping Ha Ni’s cheeks while calling her name. And I recognized him, he is her father, my Dad’s childhood best friend.

I cued my mom to get a room for her to lie down. I also cued Eun Jo to get the doctor’s bag at my car.  From a doctor’s perspective, I know, there’s no need to rush her to the hospital. She maybe was extremely overwhelmed about what happened tonight.

Even I am so pissed off myself; I want to save it for another time. The one that matters now is Oh Ha Ni who fainted in my arms.

 

I carried her to the hotel room which my Mom had asked with everyone following us around. I allowed only a few people inside the room. My family, her father, her two friends, Bong Joon Gu, and a foreign looking woman which Joon  Gu  never stopped comforting ever since Ha Ni fainted. 

I laid her down the bed and pull the pillow off her head and then put it under her legs. I slightly pull her chin up and make sure is slightly open for her to catches air. I covered her legs with the blanket because, trust me, everyone can see her soul in one wrong move. I checked her vital signs with my stethoscope, though I’ve already checked her pulse at the hall earlier. I have to make sure nothing serious was happening to her. Everything is normal, thank God.

“Unghh..” I looked at her as she was escaping a soft moan while regaining consciousness. Automatically, everyone came on her sides surrounding her.

“Ha Ni, princess?”.. her dad called. “Do you hear me?”

She slowly opened her eyes and looked around. She frowned at the sight of us.

“Dad? Chris?.What are you doing here?  Where am I?” she said while looking around the room.

“You didn’t know? ..You fainted a while ago.” Her dad answered.

“Oh, I did? Ah.. right!” she said touching her head as if remembering everything. She looked around again and asked. “Who are they?”

My Mom, as energetic as ever, replied, “Hello, Ha Ni, I am Baek Seung Jo’s mother. It’s been nice to finally meet you, of course minus the fainting incident a while ago.” She smiled as she kissed her cheeks and hugged her.  Looking at her face, I know, she was just being polite, but I still can see her confusions. She looked at my Dad when he introduced himself.

“Hi, noona, I am Baek Eun Jo, his brother. C-can I kiss and hug you too?”, he asked. Trust me, I wanted to punch my 19 year old brother when he asked that. ‘Aww, this brat! How could he wants to go first before me?!’

Ha Ni smiled at him and said, “Oh my..Why do you look so alike? ..Of course you can… come here..” My eyes widened when she permitted my brother to kiss her cheeks and hug her.

“So bro!, he said calling my attention. “I go first to kiss your fiancée. I hope you won’t punch me now… hehehe.” He said teasing me. I glared at him as if telling him, ‘Trust me I wanted to.’

But my mom is fast. As he was going to kiss and hug Ha Ni, Mom pulled him on the side and scolded him while hitting his head. “How could you tease your brother like that? Huh? He hasn’t even come to the first base and now you wanted to go first before him? You’re brother waited for ten years, don’t you know that?”

“MOM!!!”. My eyes went out of their sockets upon hearing this. God knows, I wanted to disappear from the Earth in this moment.. especially when everybody laughed except Oh Ha Ni. 

 

OHN POV

I looked at him after I heard his mom said that Baek Seung Jo had waited for me for ten years.. I couldn’t really believe it.  The idea of the icy prince having waited for me for ten years hardly sunk in my understanding. The memories of the past are still vivid in my brain. But even so, I have not felt any pain in my heart right now.. only embarrassment for being such an idiot confessing to him. 

 

I am in a daze for a moment and said, “Can you leave us alone for a moment?” Everyone looked at me for a while and then proceeded to the door.

“I was about to request the same thing..” I hear him say and then look at him questioningly.

“I mean.. to leave us alone..” I nodded while still thinking what to say first.

“I-I”.. we both started..

“You go first..” we said the same thing again.  ..and we both smiled after a while.

God knows how I longed to see that kind of smile in his face. It seemed he is not the Baek Seung Jo that I have a crush on before… my icy prince. I was mesmerized by his smile. I felt elated. It’s like winning the first prize in a lottery. More than what I felt when I won in the ANTTM. More than the prestige and the fame of my world now.

 

For a moment, I felt the high schooler Oh Ha Ni just came back. The girl who has a crush on the Class A’s genius. The one who giggles by the mere thought of him. The one who sweats and was shaking by his mere presence.  ‘Oh God, Do I still have a crush on him?.. at my age?”

 

“So.. what now?.. Do you want me to go first?” Baek Seung Jo broke the trance I was in right now with that question.

“I—i-is it true? You waited for me for ten years?..” I finally ask.

He stared at me for God knows how long after he replied..”YES.”

Hearing his answer..trust me, I wanted to faint again…