Way before

Alumni Homecoming: Let's bring it back!

OHN POV

The training started as soon as I arrived. We were 30 girls at first but after two weeks, we were down to the top 10 including a half-Korean, half-British girl Chris Robbins who became my instant friend since she spoke Korean. We became inseparable since then and we took  good care of each other. We were the closest rivals among the 10 girls. Some of the girls bullied me but Chris was always their to save me. In the end, I was crowned as the Asia's Next Top Teen Model and Chris was the first runner up. No hard feelings since she has treated me as her bestfriend already.

For three years, Chris and I were in and out South Korea doing modelling stints, including CF and print ads for famous brands and designers until our very big break to go to Paris for more triumphs in our careers. At first, Chris was hesitant because this could mean being away from Bong Joon Gu since they just had started their relatioship after I introduced them to each other after the ANTTM contest. But since he is a talented chef, he browsed the net to search for a scholarship in a culinary school in Paris to enhance and develop his skills in European cuisine. Luckily. with the recommendation of my father, he was accepted in the most prestigious Paris Culinary Arts School. We shared an apartment and after seven years, the couple decided to get married in Seoul leaving me alone here in Paris.Chris just got back to go local stints since Joon Gu wants to live in Seoul and start his own business after his experiences in fine hotels in Europe.

 '(Sigh).. I was alone here in Paris for 6 months since Chris and Joon Gu went home to Seoul to prepare for their upcoming wedding. Seems like fate really intervenes this time for me to go home since I will be the maid of honor for the wedding, just in time also for our high school alumni homecoming.'

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

BSJ POV

I don't know why am I so affected knowing Oh Ha Ni is not there at the graduation rites. Her father who happens to be a childhood bestfriend of my Dad which I only knew during that time, received her medal. My mother even asked him as to why Ha Ni did not make it to the graduation rites. But I did not hear his response since it is too crowded and noisy at the auditorium. I only hear my Mom squeaks "Really??.. That's good for her! She must be really beautiful. I hope I have met her before. She can be a good match to my Baek Seung Jo!"

I found myself rolling my eyes but deep inside my thoughts I hear myself..'Not bad.. She really is beautiful.. But where is she?'  That question has been flooding my mind but didn't give me the courage to denounce it. Until one day, mother asked me if I know the girl in the magazine who won the Asia's Next Top Teen Model. I was not interested but my mother was persistent. 

"Aww.. come on Seung Jo, I just want to know if this is the daughter of your Dad's friend.. your class salutatorian.." my mother said. 

Upon hearing about that girl, I took the magazine out from my mother hands.. and there she is.. my angel.. Oh Ha Ni.

I was dumbstruck. I did not know she have this in her. "Yes.. it's her!".. finally I found my voice answering my Mom's querries. Quickly, I returned the magazine to my Mom but made a mental note to search for it after she's done reading it.

"Wow!.. she's really gorgeous!.. Yah.. Baek Seung Jo!.. Why you didn't court her?.. This is the girl I want you to marry and to be my daughter in law!.. Beauty and brains!"

"Brains??.. She's on the Class 7 in case you don't know!".. I reiterated.

"So?? she's the class salutatorian in case you forget.. even if she came from the bottom class!.. It means she's not stupid after all!.. Aish.. why did you let this kind of girl slipped on your hands?.. hmmm.. since her father is friends with Dad, I must do something about it.".. she said as if cooking something mischievous on her mind. 'Uh-oh.. if mother is planning something I must warn myself.. but wait.. warn myself for what?' 

"Mom!.. whatever it is you're thinking.. please.. don't interfere with my life!".. that's it and i scrammed in her face.. leaving her imagining weird things I don't know whether I will like or be scared of.