There's no place like home.

Alumni Homecoming: Let's bring it back!

 

OHN POV

 

“Dad!”.. I yell as soon as I see him amidst the crowd. He aged so much. Seven years had added him changes which are visible in his forehead.  I run into him and hug him for about 3 minutes.  “I missed you Dad!”

 

“I missed you too, my princess..” he said with tears threatening in his eyes.

 

“Dad.. don’t cry.. men don’t cry.. remember?”.. I though I myself is on the verge of tears. “Dad?”

“Hmm?”

“Why have you aged so much?.. Are you taking care of your health?”.. I asked.

“Of course.. I am taking good care of my health because no one will but me”.. sounding as if making me feel guilty.

“Yah!.. Dad.. don’t make me feel guilty ‘cause I am already..hmm?”..I said pouting. “But let me make it up to you.. we will be together for six months before I fly away again… how’s that? Huh?”

“Six months?.. I thought you came back for good?.. Aish! This child..will gonna leave again her old Dad after six months!.. Why don’t you settle down here and give this old man a bunch of grandchildren!.”.. My eyes widened upon hearing this.

“Dad!??..Where did it come from? Huh?.. You’ll gonna give your little princess to some guy as a wife??

 

“Yes .. I will do that just to make you stay.”

“Are you serious?”

“I am.”.. He said with conviction.

“Aww.. What a way to welcome your long lost daughter who’s away for seven long years?”

“Ha Ni.. look at me.”.. He said. “ This old man has already little time to spend in this planet. I also want to see you settle down and experience marriage bliss like what your mother and I had even if it was only for a short time… Still I want you to settle down with the man you love.”

“The problem is… I don’t even have a boyfriend!” , I responded.


“Exactly!.. You’re in a world of beauty and glamour but it did not earn you happiness.”

 

“What made you say that?.. I am happy!”

“Are you?”.. I was taken aback by this question.

“uhm.. Y-y-yes..I.. am..” ‘Am I?.. Aish!’.. This old man is making me confused. “Dad please!..Can we talk about it some other time?... I missed you.. so much!...Please let me spend my vacation with you and do not push anything on me..” I said slightly irritated about our conversation. And he seemed to notice it in my voice.

“Ha Ni.. princess.. I’m sorry but I hope you understand me. You’re my only child. All I want in this world is your happiness.. nothing more.. nothing less…”  I was touched by this statement and the only thing I can do for now is hug him once again.

“Hmm.. Dad.. I love you”.. I said hugging him.

“I love you too princess… that’s why—“..

 

“Dad!?”, I said cutting him off.

“OK, OK, .. Alright!.. hands up!”.. I smiled at him but I absorbed everything he said.

I am bothered at the thought of marriage that my father has demanded me. I am curious at his reasons as to why he mentioned it right now. We chatted everyday when I was in Paris but never did he mention about it. Why only now?

 

We reach our house and it seems nothing has changed. It is still made of shining wood on the inside that gives me the warmth of being home. ‘Finally’ , I thought. I told my Dad I need to rest first before meeting my friends and he lets me. I go upstairs and go directly into my room and there are the changes. If the first floor has the classic country interiors, my room at the second floor has an ultra modern touch. The all pink and white sheets of my high school days have been replaced by black, white and red ensembles like the one I’m having in Paris. ‘It’s Chris’, she must be the culprit of all these. I have a round water bed at the center with black sheets and red pillows, hanging above were red and white curtains draping on the sides. My pink study table has been replaced by a glass table and a glass chair. They made my room bigger than before as I have my own entertainment area. The flat TV is hanging on the wall just above the entertainment set with high definition speakers on both sides.

 

No traces of my girly pink built in closets, too. I walk to the door which I think would be the walk in closet but it surprises me not because it is as big as my old room but because it is actually filled up with my signature clothes, shoes, and bags. The dresser has my favorite brands of makeup and perfumes. What confuses me more is all of these things are not in my package which I had ordered my assistant to send to Seoul before my departure in Paris. I even packed them myself and some of these things are not included. It seems that all of my things are in here. I made a mental note to call my assistant later because my sight caught another door which I found out leads to the bathroom.


  The bathroom is also big. It seems that all area of the second floor has been used for my room alone. Anyway, the bathroom has a Jacuzzi, a shower stall, a lavatory, and a water closet. The floors are black granite tiles. The walls are floor to ceiling mirrors which I really love since I love seeing myself in the mirror. I saw candles and roses’ petals on the Jacuzzi and I am sure Chris again has something to do with it. She knows my only addiction.. and that is to indulge myself in a warm milk bath on the Jacuzzi. Since it is all ready, I stripped off my clothes and lie down onto the milk bath. ‘Ahhh.. this is life.. and this is home.’.. I smiled at the thought.

______________________________________________________________________

 

HGH POV

 

The reunion is in three days and today is Ha Ni’s arrival. I have to make sure that everything is ready for her and my son’s meeting after 10 years. So far everything has been going smoothly and all her friends are accessories to this since they agreed to be part of it. It means nothing will be a hindrance now. My son will finally meet Ha Ni and he will gain eternal happiness.

 

As I was walking at the mall, I pass by Valentino. I wonder if Seung Jo has bought a suit to wear for the reunion. I must call him first.

“Hello, Mom!”.. he said upon answering my call.

“Hey son.. Have you bought a suit for the reunion?”.. I asked.

“Mom, I have suits that I have only worn once. There is no need to buy another.”

“But this is your first ever reunion. You should look so cool and handsome while giving your speech.”

“Mom, there’s really no need to waste money. In fact, I don’t think I can attend the event..”

“What??.. Why???”

“I think I have a seminar on that day so—“ I cut him off.

“DON’T ATTEND THAT SEMINAR! You are the best already. You know everything. There’s no need for you to be in that seminar!”

“Mom??... This is my reunion.. why are you so affected if I didn’t attend that event?”

“Because.. because.. uhmm… because it is your first ever reunion just like what I said awhile ago… and .. and.. I have bought you a Valentino suit, so you must wear it at the reunion! Understand?.” I said even if I haven’t entered the boutique yet. “BAEK SEUNG JO!.. DON’T YOU EVER ATTEND THAT SEMINAR!.. YOU HAVE TO BE AT THE HOMECOMING!!.. PROMISE ME!”

“But..”

“No buts. You have to promise me!.”

“Alright.. alright! Aish!” , I smiled at his answer and qo inside Valentino. “Wait Seung Jo, you need to fit the suit first tomorrow and you will be the one to pick it up, alright?”

“Ok, ok!”.. he said before cutting the line.

______________________________________________________________________

CHRIS’ POV

“Good morning, Mrs. Baek!”, I greeted her as soon as I saw her entering our shop. This Valentino shop is just one of our franchises of international signature brands. The others are Versace, Salvatorre Ferragamo, Nine West, and Victoria’s Secret.  Ha Ni and I decided to become business partners as soon as I decided to leave Paris and became Joon Gu’s fiancée. I have been managing all five of them for six months.  We are planning to expand as soon as Ha Ni decided to retire.

“Hi Chris!”, she replied while giving me a peck on my both cheeks. I just love this old but young looking and beautiful woman. Ha Ni would be so lucky if this woman has become her mother-in-law. It’s so sad Joon Gu’s mother has also passed away when he was little just like Ha Ni’s mom. Only his father was left who is still residing in Busan.

“So what can I do for you today Mrs. Baek?”

“Hmm.. I want a suit for Seung Jo..”

“Oh, we have new arrivals.. Would you like to see them?”

“I guess I leave that part on you since you are the expert on that. Just make sure, he will outcast those models in the posters with Ha Ni.” She gave me her warmest smile while pointing at the big poster of Ha Ni since she is the signature model of Valentino. “By the way, he will come tomorrow for the fitting.”

“Of course, Mrs. Baek. Did you say he will come tomorrow for the fitting?”

RING.. RING…. I excused myself when my phone rings.

“Hey Ha Ni!.. I missed you girl. Yes I’m at the boutique.. Tonight?.. Alright.. we’ll be there!.. Yes. Yes.. I have taken care of that.. you’re free to fit it tomorrow afternoon?.. Ok bye.. see you later!.”.. I cutted the line and smiled at Mrs. Baek.

“Is that Oh Ha Ni?” .. Mrs. Baek asked. I nodded. “And she will pass by tomorrow here for the fitting?.. also?.. she inquired.

“Yes!”  I again nodded. I think I know what has been flooding in this mischievous but lovable woman's mind right now.