Way Back Home

Alumni Homecoming: Let's bring it back!

 

BSJ POV

10 years had passed and I am now a successful doctor. I was waiting for any unusual events that my mother could have planned but nothing is happening until this moment. For the past years I focused myself in my medical studies but still I made sure I am updated to the latest happenings on Oh Ha Ni’s career. But even if I didn’t, her face was everywhere on the billboards, on TV, on the magazines, newspapers and print ads. She became the Oh Ha Ni that she is today far from the Class 7’s Oh Ha Ni.

 

‘*sighs*.. I look at the screen of my laptop. There she is.. her face is the wallpaper on the desktop. I don’t know but whenever I open my laptop, I always wanted to see her face. There is a calming effect on me whenever I see her. Also, at the end of the day, her face is all I want to see before I drown myself to a deep slumber.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

HWANG GEUM HEE’S POV

 

10 years had passed and still my son has never had a girlfriend. I suspected even before that there is someone in his heart. He’s not an ice prince after all. I was so happy when I saw him stealing the magazine in the study room with Oh Ha Ni on the cover. I knew from that moment that he is interested in her. Perhaps, it is a mother’s instinct to feel if something has been bothering my son, and that time, it is that girl Oh Ha Ni.

 

I tried to talk to Oh Ki Dong for an arranged marriage but he was not a fan of it. He said he wants Oh Ha Ni to choose whatever path she takes and he’ll support her all the way. I was disappointed because it is my son’s happiness also that was at stake.  But I cannot do something about it if the father declined my offer.

Every night I see my son staring at his laptop. I was curious because he’s not doing anything.. .just staring.  I wonder what was on the screen that is keeping my son to space out.  Until one day, I, curious as I was, sneaked out to find out what’s on the screen. My hunch never fails me.. it’s Oh Ha Ni.

 

That is the cue that I should do something for the sake of my son’s happiness.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

OHN POV

After a series of fashion shows, I can now have a 6-month long vacation. My first ever vacation after 7 years. My agency grants me that long one because I am their most prized possession.

 

Thinking about vacation, a sudden longing hits me. I realized I missed my Dad and my friend Min Ah and Joo Ri so much. I am grateful to technology because I am able to talk to them every hour and every day using my IPhone. But still there is a difference if I don’t have a chance to hug them in flesh and blood.

 

Finally, I will be home in an hour. Sitting in the plane for God knows how long made me die in anticipation. I can finally hug my Dad.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

OH KI DONG’S POV

 

In an hour, my little princess will finally back into my arms. It’s been seven years since I last cradled her in my arms. I tried my best to figure out what took her so long to finally go home, leaving her old Dad alone here until Hwang Geum Hee came to me again after that talk of arranged marriage between our children seven years ago.I knew when Oh Ha Ni leaves, there was something bothering her but I did not ask.

 

Geum Hee, as persistent as she is, did a little investigation in our children as to what had happened in high school. She asked Mrs. Song, Ha Ni’s homeroom teacher about it.

 

I don’t know what’s got into me but I just found myself agreeing to her every plan. After all, Seung Jo is my bestfriend’s son.

 

As luck would have it, Chris and Joon Gu planned to hold their wedding here in South Korea and Ha Ni won’t surely miss her two bestfriends' wedding for the world. With the help of Mr. and Mrs. Song, an alumni homecoming was organized in time for the wedding. Of course, it is one of the plans of Geum Hee. She donated big time for the reunion.

 

I just wished my princess won’t get hurt again…