The Invitation

Alumni Homecoming: Let's bring it back!

PARIS, France.

RING!!! RING!!!

"Hello!".. a sleepy Ha Ni answered the phone at her bedside table.


"Hey!... Ha Ni, Min Ah here! Have you received the invitation yet?" , Min Ah seemed to haven't noticed that she has woken up a dead tired sleeping person who just got home from a series of fashion show. 

"Yah!.. Min Ah, can you call me later? I just got to bed ten minutes ago and I'm really tired and sleepy...".. Ha Ni reiterated in her usual sweet voice.

"Aww.. is that so?.. I'm sorry Ha Ni. It just that I'm so excited and I know that you'll get excited too upon hearing that we'll gonna have an alumni homecoming next week!.. But if you're tired well, I will just cal--"

"Wait!", Ha Ni cuts up Min Ah while talking. "Did you say alumni homecoming?.." seemed like all of her tired muscles wake up upon hearing this all from her friend. 

"Uh huh..".. her friend smiles.. 'Got yah Ha Ni-yah'.. 

"Parang High School Alumni Homecoming?".. she's now getting giddy.

"Yup!.. Did we attend another high school after Parang?... Oh BTW, you didn't receive any invitation?".. Min Ah was confused because she makes sure that Ha Ni will receive it since she is one of the organizers of the homecoming.


"Oh  I don't know.. I just got home.. maybe my assistant got it and I haven't seen her yet.. I'll call her after I took a rest.. bye for now Min Ah.. I'll call you later after I receive the invite.. Oh how I miss you girl but I'm so sleepy and dead tired right now... i'll call you later.. ciao!.. muah!.." Ha Ni fell asleep after saying her goodbye to Min Ah with smile on her lips.


_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

SOUTH KOREA


RING!!!  RING!!


"Hello, Dr. Baek speaking.. who's this?.." Seung Jo is surprised when he saw an unknown number calling him. He just  finished his rounds to his patients when his phone rings.

" Baek Seung Jo.. this is Mr. Song, your high school teacher.."

"Oh.. Mr. Song, what can I do for you?.. How's Mrs. Song?..".. Seung Jo was asking about the Class F's teacher for he knows that the two have eventually got married.  

"Uhm.. she's good, she's doing well.. thanks for asking.. by the way.. let me ask.. did you receive the invitation for the homecoming?.." Seung Jo sees a yellow envelop on his desk while Mr. Song is talking. 

"I think I got it Sir.. 

"Will you make it?.. I know you're a busy person but we will appreciate it if you could come. You know there is a part where every valedictorian of the batch will give an inspiring message for everyone.. " Mr. Song is hopeful that his best student will be coming.

"I'll check my schedule first Sir.. I'll get back to you if I'm free on that day.. Regards to Mrs. Song.. thanks!"..
 
" I'll tell her.. she's actually excited about this because her best student in Class F will be coming too.. you know the famous model Oh Ha Ni?.. Ohh.. that reminds me she's actually the one who confessed to you in her letter, right?.. Uh-oh.. I'm sorry I brought that up.. you might never remember her since you've got all ladies rejected by you..".. Mr. Song laughs at his joke. " Anyway, I'll wait for your call Dr. Baek, Bye!"

Seung Jo smiles while putting down the phone on its cradle. 'Oh Ha Ni. . Oh Ha Ni'.. he keeps repeating the name on his mind. Of course, he remembers her. Because, of all the girls he rejected in high school, her letter was the only one he actually read. Others, he actually turned down without reading them.

Seung Jo then looks at his desktop and sighs.....