Chapter IV

You Make Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Look!" Ryujin exclaimed suddenly, shocking her bestfriend beside her. "It's out now, it's out!"

Yeji decided to pay attention to whatever Ryujin's trying to show her, finally taking a break from her work. She has been working on her desk all day while her bestfriend on the other hand kept lounging around, procrastinating on her tasks. The short-haired woman shows her phone's screen to her, squealing like a little girl.

"She has a comeback?" Yeji asks, matching Ryujin's excitement as they talk about her favorite idol, who apparently just delivered news about launching a new album, much to Ryujin's delight. Yeji knows how obsessive Ryujin is when it comes to the things she like and even though she doesn't pay much attention to the trends nowadays because she's too focused on her work, Ryujin would always update her and in return, she sometimes can't help but support the other girl by tagging along to concerts and other stuff Ryujin asks her to.

"Ah, I have to check some of the released merch!" Ryujin kept browsing to see if there's more updates as Yeji stares at her in anticipation. Just as Ryujin turns her attention back to her bestfriend, she finally says what Yeji expects her to say. "You have to accompany me to the mall!"

That's Ryujin for you, always deciding to do something out of the blue. Yeji smiles and nodded, Ryujin tackling her as a response.

"Thank you! You're the best!"

Yeji laughs at her bestfriend's childish behavior before focusing back to her work. She told the girl to wait up as she finishes some deadlines as Ryujin decided to do some of her work as well.

In an hour or so, both girls went out of their company, already walking towards Yeji's car.

"This is really handy," Ryujin says the moment they're inside the car, petting the window like a dog. "I'm really glad you decided to buy one."

"I'm glad too that I got some driving experiences back in Jeonju," Yeji agrees as she starts the engine. She drove off and just as she was reaching to turn on the radio, Ryujin beats her to it, connecting her phone instead. Yeji didn't argue as Ryujin starts playing her favorite playlist.

"Man, I love The Smiths!"

"Me too!" Yeji chimed in, being influenced by Ryujin's music taste. They started singing along to music on their whole car ride. It didn't take them long to reach the mall as Yeji parks her car and they both went out and headed straight to wherever Ryujin plans to go.

They spent their time looking around, with Yeji helping her bestfriend to look for the merch she's instructed to look for. Just as she was going around, her stomach growled. She felt embarrassed and looks around if anyone noticed. Luckily for her, no one was around the aisle she's currently in. If Ryujin isn't her bestfriend, she would've ditched the woman and go somewhere to buy some snacks right now.

"Ryujinnie, can we come back later?" Yeji says after walking over to where Ryujin busily looks for her merch. "I haven't eaten since morning."

The short-haired girl looks at her for a moment, then takes out her phone. Yeji assumed she was looking at the time or something, but Ryujin sighs and keeps it back to her pocket. She just continued looking around and ignores Yeji as the silver-haired girl starts whining.

"Ryuddaeng, please," Yeji continues to cry out to her bestfriend, repeating her name over and over, even calling her with pet names, which made Ryujin ashamed when people started looking. It didn't take long to annoy the woman as she finally turns her attention to Yeji again.

"Fine!" Ryujin groaned as Yeji starts clapping her hands in accomplishment, her eyes disappearing because of the wide smile plastered on her face.

They went out of the store and decides to look for a restaurant but Yeji insisted eat in the food court so she could buy different snacks. Ryujin knows how much her bestfriend obsess over snacks so she just agreed and went there to look for a table.

"You can go buy first," Ryujin says to her, knowing how hungry Yeji must be right now. "I'll wait here to save our table."

 

 

Somewhere at the same mall, the petite woman walks around, her eyes not leaving her phone's screen. She's making her way to the food court right now, where she was instructed to go.

Jisu reads it over and over, as if memorizing the information she needs. She's actually quite nervous about her plan so she paid little attention to where she's heading to, accidentally bumping into someone, causing her phone to fall on the floor.

"I'm sorry!" Jisu says, repeatedly bowing to the man she bumped into. "I wasn't looking, I'm so sorry!"

"It's alright," the guy assured her, reaching for Jisu's phone on the floor and handing it over to her. "I'm sorry that you dropped your phone because of me."

"No, it's okay," Jisu took her phone and thanked him, the guy responding back with a smile before he walks away.

Jisu sighs in relief, thankful that she didn't get into any form of argument, although it was really just an accident. She's just glad that the guy was nice enough. Looking at her phone, she inspects it and notices a small crack at the edge of her screen. She cursed under her breath.

"Unlucky day?"

Jisu almost jumped out of shock when she notices someone peering over her shoulder, eventually hopping in front of her to properly greet her with that familiar smile.

"It's surprising to see you at the mall, Jisu-ya. Are you with anyone?"

Jisu sighs before returning the smile. She initiated a hug, which the other person responds to stiffly with one arm because she's already holding a tray on her other hand.

"No, I'm alone. How about you, Yeji-ah?" Jisu returns the same question, as if she has no idea. She has another plan on how she's going to show up to Yeji by pretending to bump into her but it seems like fate really has another plan written for them.

"I'm with Ryujin, do you remember her?" Yeji points somewhere as Jisu looks to the direction.

"Of course I do," Jisu replies while still looking and finally spots the short-haired woman. "She's my drink buddy, how could I forget?"

"Already? You guys drank one time."

"Jealous, Ms. Hwang?" Jisu teases, which only earns a laugh from the other girl.

"You're learning from me, huh?" Yeji a browd. "Come with me," she drags Jisu to their table.

Ryujin looks up to see that Yeji's back and notices the other woman's presence, smiling at her.

"Doctor!" Ryujin greets her, standing up from her seat to hug Jisu, pretending like she has no idea about the sudden occurrence. "How are you?"

"I'm doing good, only sober this time," Jisu jokes as all of them laughed.

Yeji sat down and placed down the tray of food she bought for her and Ryujin, while Jisu took the seat beside her.

"Have you eaten?" Yeji turns to look at Jisu.

Jisu shook her head. "I actually just got here from work," she says, eyeing the food Yeji bought. "Oh, you're having sushi!"

"Oh, I'll go buy for you, wait here," Yeji says to her and stands up. Jisu was gonna counter back because she didn't want the girl to do it for her but Yeji already walked away from the table. Jisu sighs and looks at the girl in front of her who's already sending her a teasing look.

"What?" Jisu asks, blushing a bit.

"Control your hormones, Doc," Ryujin teased as she reached for her own serving and starts digging on her sushi.

"You wouldn't even wait for us..." Jisu dodged the statement and looks away. It's true, what Yeji just did was cute but of course, she won't admit that to Ryujin. Not her crush's bestfriend, at least. She already got teased enough by her assistant, especially earlier when she said she's going to the mall and Chaeryeong immediately assumes she's meeting someone--which she wasn't wrong, actually. Jisu's too shy to admit anything to her friends, as of the moment.

But they don't even have to ask since it's pretty obvious already by the way Jisu acts by the simple mention of Hwang Yeji or anything about the girl.

"What's the plan?" Jisu decides to ask Ryujin, taking their alone time as the opportunity to discuss about the favor she asked of Ryujin. The girl looks at her and shrugs her shoulder. "Help me out, please?" she pleaded cutely, making the other girl gag jokingly.

"Now you're influenced by her annoying whining?" the short-haired girl exclaims, dramatically throwing her chopsticks on the plate which made Jisu laugh. "You really are head-over-heels for my bestfriend."

"So will you help me?"

"I got an idea," Ryujin says as she goes back to eating.

Jisu was anticipating for an answer but Yeji already came back to the table, with the same order she got for herself, handing it to Jisu.

"I hope you like them," she says as she puts it down the table. "Those are my favorite!"

"Thank you," Jisu sweetly says, placing her hand on Yeji's lap under the table, which made the girl shudder a bit. Ryujin didn't fail to notice it and scoffs at the two.

"I'm finished," Ryujin says as she wipes with a tissue, keeping a composed attitude. "I'll have to excuse myself now to attend some important business."

"Already?" Yeji says and rolls her eyes. "And what important business? You're just gonna go back to your precious merch."

"When I say important, it's important!"

"No way," Yeji says in defeat, turning to Jisu who's quietly eating sushi, her hand still placed on her lap. "Jisu, tell her not to leave."

Jisu looks at Ryujin for a while, the short-haired woman kept a straight-face at them. Jisu looks back at the pouting Yeji and shrugs her shoulder.

"Well, she says it's important, Yeji-ah."

"I swear to god, it's not importa--"

"Whatever you sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter