Chapter XIV

You Make Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisu had stayed at Chaeryeong's place in not more than three nights when she finally decides to go back home—as Yuna had been begging her to do so—standing in front of their porch, taking in deep breaths.

She isn't sure if she's ready to see her mother, but Jisu knows she has to face it anyway.

Twisting the doorknob open, she's greeted by a shocked Yuna who has a toothbrush in , looking at her with widened eyes.

It took moments before the younger processed that her sister is back, aiming for a bone-crushing hug. "Unnie!"

Although she liked how Yuna is happy to welcome her, Jisu wished she could've been subtle about it as it's still morning and the volume of the younger isn't helping her grow less anxiously in going inside their house.

Just as she expected, Mrs. Choi appears from the living room, immediately meeting her gaze with her daughter's unwavering one.

"I'm home," Jisu pulls out of the hug and calmly stated to her mother, bowing a bit, and Mrs. Choi could only nod silently. Somehow, Jisu caught a sense of relief on her mother's face before she proceeded to go up the stairs, but not until Mrs. Choi calls out to her.

"Come join us for breakfast first."

Jisu looks at her mother for a moment, before hesitatingly accepting the invitation as the three of them go together at the dining table, where Jisu sees her father already sat there reading the morning paper. 

Seeing his daughter, the delight on his face made Jisu feel warm inside as he opens his arms towards her, Jisu immediately going in to embrace her father dearly. 

"You're back so soon, Julia," despite the behavior he showed Jisu, Mr. Choi's words felt as if he isn't thankful to see his daughter again, making his daughter chuckle. 

"You still want me out, Dad?"

"Nah, I just thought you might still need more time," Mr. Choi says while putting the newspaper down, sparing a glance to his wife then to his daughter. "I mean...—"

Mrs. Choi sighs, glaring at her husband. "Could you please?"

"Oh, what's got your twisted, miss?" Mr. Choi feigns innocence, dramatically raising both his hands. "I wasn't saying anything!"

"Let's just eat alreadyyy," Yuna whines to them and there, the family sat together to finally dig in into their fair share.

 

***

 

Jisu lies on her stomach as she scrolls through her socials, feeling bummed with her sister as they lounged around her room that afternoon. She hasn't been working for the past three days, given that she has the freedom to take a leave, but it doesn't mean she likes to slack off.

Her assistant agreed that she needed the time for herself, too, that's why Jisu is now cooped up in that bed with Yuna, as it's a weekend and the younger got nothing to do as well.

"Do you miss Yeji unnie?"

Jisu snaps her attention at the mention of the name, looking at her sister who's only staring at her inn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter