Chapter VI

You Make Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The silver-haired girl slams her car door, pressing the lock button on her key before sighing loudly. She turns to look at the building and anxiously brings herself towards it, already tired of the idea that she has to go back and consult her doctor once again when it hasn't even been a week since she finished her supposedly "last" session.

She reached Dr. Kim Dahyun's office in a few, the doctor already expecting her by the table.

"Yeji-ssi!" Dahyun greets Yeji with a hug, as if they'd been friends for a long time. "Back so soon?"

"Apparently," Yeji replies with a weak smile as she proceeds to take the seat in front of the doctor. "I guess my nightmares knows how to schedule their comeback."

Dahyun laughs at that before propping her head up on an elbow, giving her full attention to Yeji.

"Your timing's just right, a patient informed me earlier that he wasn't gonna attend his session so I'm glad I can attend to your matter as soon as I can."

"Thank you, really," Yeji says sincerely as Dahyun smiles at her brightly.

"So...?"

"Uhm, yes, about last night," Yeji started as Dahyun listens to her intently. Although Dahyun has dealt with patients that has similar problems like Yeji, she can't help but be intrigued by Yeji's nightmares because when the girl starts sharing about it, it'll always be about one person. It amazes her how Yeji grew so attached to that person that there's no one but her to cause such disorder.'

"She's at it again, huh?"

"Ah, this one's different," Yeji quickly denies, surprising Dahyun a bit with her answer. "My ex-girlfriend's nowhere, actually."

"Well, that's new?"

"Right..."

 

Yeji sits together with Jisu at the café, earphones plugged in each of the girls' ears, listening through Yeji's phone. Jisu would constantly look at Yeji as the girl gives the same attention back and since they're so close to one another, side by side instead of sitting across, anyone would get the idea that they're a lovey-dovey couple.

"Jisu-ya," the silver-haired girl calls, removing the earphone to her ear to finally shift her full attention to the smiley girl beside her. "I have something to tell you..."

The woman turns to her with an angelic smile that quickly captures Yeji's heart. "What is it?"

"I..." Yeji bit her lip, thinking that it's the perfect moment to put the cards on the table--to let her feelings be heard by the other girl. "I've been wanting to tell you this, but I just can't seem to find the right moment. I think that I lik--"

Before Yeji could even continue, another voice caught Jisu's attention as both of them turns to the source. Jisu smiles widely the moment she sees the person, as if already expecting her arrival. The person approached Jisu as the girl stands up so quick, elbowing Yeji's head accidentally, but she didn't seem to mind it as she greets the sudden guest with excitement. Yeji was so caught up in the moment that when she lifts her head towards them, she already sees Jisu hugging the person tight as if her life depended on it. The person responded by wrapping an arm around the petite woman's shoulder, not wanting to let go of it any minute. Yeji watches as Jisu pecks the person's cheek, which left her tight-lipped

"Oh, sorry, I didn't see you there," Ryujin, who turns out to be the intruder of their time together, shifts her attention to her bestfriend, putting up an innocent smile. "Hi, Yeddeong. Can I steal Jisu for a bit?"

Jisu giggles at Ryujin's words, cupping the girl's face like she's head-over-heels at everything that comes out of Ryujin's mouth.

"Babe, I'm sure she would be happy to let us be." 

Ryujin turns to Jisu and scrunches her nose cutely at the girl, Yeji blinking her eyes a few times at the unbelievable behavior her bestfriend's displaying. She can't still comprehend what's happening and yet, the two continues to be sweet to each other, confusing her if they're putting an act because if that's the case, they're really good at it, according to Yeji.

"Babe...?" Yeji finally opens , catching their attention. With pride, Ryujin pulls Jisu closer as the girl responds by hugging her waist.

"We're together," the short-haired woman says as if she's the one who should be surprised. "Didn't you know?"

"Oh, I haven't told her yet because you came," Jisu whispers as Ryujin looks at her with a pout. Yeji heard it loud and clear, though.

"Were you going to?" Yeji questions and Jisu apologetically smiles, nodding her head at her. "S-Since when?"

"It doesn't matter," Ryujin answered her instead. "What we want to know is if you approve of us. Do you?"

Yeji didn't know how to answer that. Everything is like a big puzzle to her right now and she's trying to piece them all as to how it all happened without her knowing. In all honesty, she just can't seem to fit them together so she stayed frozen in her spot, looking at the couple who anticipates her answer.

"So...?" Ryujin continues.

"I don't know what to say," Yeji trails off, that familiar feeling re-surfacing within her chest as she tries to stop it by putting pressure with her hand. She doesn't like it one bit--that feeling. The more she stares at the couple in front of her, the more her chest tightens, making it harder to breathe. She doesn't even know why she's feeling that way. She knows that there is only one person who can make her feel that way.

It suddenly scares her. So much that she's starting to think it's possible for her to feel that way with anyone.

But Jisu is Jisu. Someone she only recently took interest on... or was it Ryujin that's making her feel that way? That somehow her bestfriend stole the girl she likes when the girl is fully aware about it?

She felt betrayed, but she doesn't seem to look like it when her bestfriend and the girl she likes continues to flirt with each other in front of her. They seem happy and it confuses her so much.

Her trance of thoughts shattered when she saw Jisu wrap her arms around Ryujin's neck, pulling the girl closer. Yeji stood frozen as she watches the girl crash her lips to her bestfriend, which the other responds to intimately. The moment they pull apart, Ryujin faces Yeji with a smug look on her face.

"You just had to see that, didn't you?" Ryujin questions her and Yeji was taken aback by it. She hasn't seen her bestfriend put up such an arrogant front before and although her intention is clear, Yeji didn't feel a bit angered by it. Instead, she's hurt. Pained by the way Ryujin's acting towards her.

"I don't understand," the words came out of Yeji's mouth like she's suffocating, even her sight starts to wobble, riding along with her anxiety. Although it's getting harder for her to grasp about what's happening, she's sure she can still see the way Jisu smirks at her.

"It was tiring to wait for you," Jisu opens but the words didn't come out like Jisu's. Yeji hears it like it's in the back of her head, a deep voice that is monotonous and scarring. "So I settled with Ryujin."

"Yeddeong," the silver-haired woman shuddered when her chin is lifted up, Ryujin magically appearing much closer to her that she was able to make the girl face her, staring down at her orbs. "If you weren't always late with everything, this wouldn't have happened again."

"That's right," Jisu spoke next to Ryujin. "I guess I'm just going to be another Nayeon to you."

 

"T-That's all I could remember," Yeji's tries to make up a smile, wiping a tear that fell down her cheek. Dahyun reacted by grabbing the tissue box near her, pulling some to hand it towards Yeji. "Thank you..."

"I'm sorry about that," Dahyun reaches for Yeji's hand on top of the table, squeezing it as she genuinely smiles at the girl. 

"It isn't as terrible as my other nightmares but..." Yeji trails off as she looks down at her lap. "I don't want it to go on. I went here as soon as I can so I can put a stop on it immediately. You said if I open up, it might go away, right?"

"I appreciate that your immediate idea is to consult me," Dahyun says carefully, trying to be as sensitive as the girl in front of her right now. "But we'll see what I can do, okay?"

Yeji nodded in understanding as Dahyun retracts her hand to open her laptop, typing in about Yeji's record before turning back to the girl to start asking questions. 

"Ryujin is your bestfriend, right?" Dahyun clarifies so she could absorb everything that Yeji told her. Yeji nodded meekly. "Okay, did you guys get into any sort of fight recently? A misunderstanding, maybe?"

"We rarely fight," Yeji says as she recalls what happened yesterday. "And if we did, it doesn't last long as one of us quickly tries to make it up to another."

"So the possibility that your bestfriend to do such a thing is...?"

"I believe she wouldn't do something like that," Yeji's answer is well-grounded, Dahyun humming in response as she types away. "We've known each other for so long that I know she'll never do that to me or to any person at all."

"That clears it out then... how about Jisu?"

As if someone shoots her in the heart, not in a bad nor in a good way, just a natural response everytime someone brings up the name, Yeji's eyes wandered around the room, thinking. Dahyun notice every movement that Yeji makes and she takes note of it, reading over the girl's behavior.

"Do you think Jisu's the cause of it?" 

"That, I..." Yeji mumbles, thinking hard. Whenever she thinks of Jisu, her mind goes blank. Like it has information but it's unreadable, just like h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter