Chapter XIII

You Make Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Although the past days have been going great—according to Hwang Yeji—she also realizes that the happiness she experienced during those times shouldn't have been taken advantage of.

She thought she didn't do enough to make out the best of it, that's why now, everything's a mess. 

And she can't even put a finger how it all started, as it ended as quick as it did before she could process it all.

Jisu had just walked out of the dining room. By the sound of the slamming of the door right outside the household, she realizes Jisu didn't just storm out of the dinner. The girl wanted to walk away from all the trouble and of course, Yeji wouldn't just let her face it alone.

Excusing herself on the scene, despite the piercing look that Mrs. Choi gives her, she chased after her girlfriend before Jisu could even walk further.

"Jisu, wait up!"

The petite woman didn't budge and continued her strides, almost keeping herself from running as every step felt heavier after another, probably caused by the overwhelming surge of emotion building up within her chest. 

Everything was too much for her to take. All she wanted at the moment is to be left alone.

"Stop ignoring me, Jisu-ya!"

Yeji finally caught up on Jisu as she held the girl's wrist to make the woman face her but Jisu immediately reacted by turning around and pulling her hand away. 

"Leave me alone!" Jisu exclaims, gritting her teeth.

Yeji was taken aback by that. She has never seen Jisu that angry, nor she saw the girl tear up like that. The tears were flowing heavily down her cheeks and it hurt to see her in that state that she just cupped her girlfriend's face and carefully wiped her tears away, softly gliding her thumb over Jisu's right cheek that still has a visible red mark over it—which was caused by Mrs. Choi.

Just as Jisu came out to her mother during dinner, Mrs. Choi reacted by slapping her across the table, completely shocking everyone—even Mr. Choi who had stood up and scowled at his own wife for that reaction. Apparently, she didn't like the news, nor she'd like to tolerate it.

As for Jisu, all she wanted now is to think of ways she can stay away from her mother.

"Baby," Yeji whispers, trying to meet the girl in the eye, but Jisu stubbornly refuses to do so. "Look at me. I'm here for you, okay?"

"..."

"I won't leave you. We'll face it together—"

"No, Yeji, I don't want to face it again," Jisu cuts her off, pulling both her girlfriend's hands away from her face. "Nor I want you to deal with the trouble that is my life. It's none of your business and I shouldn't have let you be part of it."

"Don't say that," Yeji ushers to go closer to her but Jisu shakes her head. 

"No, yeah, she's right. This is wrong."

"What?"

"This," Jisu points to herself then to Yeji repeatedly. "What we have is wrong."

Yeji is baffled, seeing as Jisu is having a change of heart right now. "What do you mean?" 

"You know what I mean, Yeji—"

"Are you saying you're giving up on us? That easily?"

Jisu takes a deep breath, avoiding the stern gaze of the other. "We weren't dating that long yet, anyway—"

Yeji scoffs, extremely dumbfounded by the revelation Jisu is giving her right now. 

How can she simply throw a relationship away after some disagreement? 

"Unbelievable," Yeji says, shaking her head and from the tone of her voice, Jisu realizes she had just made a mistake. "You're seriously telling me right now that you're not strong e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter