Chapter III

You Make Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yeji sighs in relief as she was able to bring Jisu all the way inside the apartment. The other girl kept singing on their whole travel, which really cracks up Yeji. 

"I see that I'm icy~🎵" Jisu continues to sing the moment Yeji drops her on the couch. She wipes the sweat that ran down her temple and stares at Jisu. Drunk Jisu is adorable and a pain in the , alright, she though, smiling.

"Are you happy now?" Yeji asks and sits beside the girl who in turns leans on her shoulder. "Earth to Jisu, please come back!" she jokes, patting the doctor's cheek. The girl moved away to look at her with droopy eyes.

"Jisu? I'm not Jisu," she says as she crosses her arm. "I'm Lia!"

"What's that?"

"My name--it's Lia. Short for Julia."

"You're telling the truth?"

The girl nods repeatedly, making Yeji smile at her cute behavior.

"You're probably making that up."

"No, my aunt really gave me that name!" Jisu exclaims. Now, Yeji wonders if she's really drunk or what but one thing's for sure, she's definitely not in her right mind at the moment. She decides to just let it pass and keep the name in her mind, later asking Jisu about it.

Going back to her problem, Yeji starts to worry after realizing she just brought a girl home. Not that she's gonna do anything bad to her, but the thought that Jisu might get mad at her for it tomorrow, it made her a bit anxious about her decision. But Jisu kept insisting about it earlier and she didn't know what else to do, especially that it was really tiring to argue back with the drunk Jisu. Their whole car ride consisted of Jisu nagging her about going home to Yeji's apartment instead of her place, making her wonder if Jisu's that curious about where she lives.

"So welcome to my humble abode," Yeji introduces awkwardly, giving glory to her small, but decent apartment. Jisu's eyes wanders around for a moment before her attention goes back to Yeji. They stared at each other for a while before Jisu suddenly launches forward to hug her, surprising the other girl and made her shy.

"Thank you for not bringing me home," Jisu says as if it's the right thing to say. Yeji can't help but roll her eyes at her playfully, pulling away from their hug.

"But you told me not to!" Yeji exclaims, shaking her head. "And you also kept saying you didn't want your sister to see you like that."

"It's true!" Jisu argues back, pouting. "I'm gonna be a bad role model for Yuna."

Hearing the name, Yeji noted that Yuna is the younger sister of Jisu.

"Fine," Yeji sighs, not wanting to argue back anymore since they already talked about it in the car.

Staring at the droopy Jisu for a while, she thought of an idea and stood up from the couch. The best decision right now is to help the woman sober up, since she's her responsibility now, considering that she's the one who invited Jisu to the party. She decided to grab her a drink from the kitchen and just as she finished pouring her a glass of water, she turns around and sees that Jisu is already in front of her. The girl followed her all the way to the kitchen and stood there, looking like a little kid.

"You scared me!" Yeji says in surprise, holding her chest to calm down.

"You just left me there without saying anything," Jisu mumbled and reaches to tug the other girl's shirt, pouting. "Don't leave me alone."

Yeji blinked her eyes a few times, acknowledging the cute behavior Jisu's shown to her. She can't help but ruffle the adorable girl's hair before dragging her back to the couch in the living room. "Here, drink up," she says, offering the glass of water she got for her. 

Jisu just stares at her so she decided to bring the glass closer to her lips, which made Jisu lean forward and starts drinking, Yeji helping her up. After gulping a quarter of it, she turns to Yeji and smiles. 

"Better?" 

"Definitely," Jisu replies before yawning.

"You wanna sleep now?" Yeji asks as she place the glass down on the coffee table in front of them. 

Jisu shakes her head. "No, I wanna watch tv," she replied, making Yeji chuckle at her stubborness. 

Yeji grabs the remote from the table and turns on the tv. It almost feels like she's looking after a child. She didn't know why she's suddenly doing everything for Jisu, but right now, it feels like they've known each other for so long and taking care of the woman actually makes her happy.

The tv's already on but Yeji's focus never left Jisu. It seems like she's sobered up, she thought and initiates a conversation.

"Why did you decide to drink a lot tonight, Jisu-ah?"

"I don't drink, actually," Jisu answered as she kept her eyes on the tv. She's not really paying much attention to the show so she was able to catch Yeji's question. "But Ryujin-ssi made me play a lot of drinking games, I got carried away."

Yeji sighs once again, remembering her bestfriend. She already texted Ryujin earlier when they got home, scolding her about making Jisu drink alcohol and the other girl just kept apologizing.

"Damn, that Ryujin..."

"Hey, don't get mad at her!" Jisu says, turning to look at Yeji. "I haven't had fun in a long time. I should thank her, y'know?"

"Don't you go to parties before?"

"I do. I just didn't really liked going," Jisu answered. "Unless my friends really wants me to."

"Ah, we're the same!" Yeji smiled widely, suddenly clicking with Jisu. "I hate going to parties because it's always loud and the crowd scares me sometimes."

Jisu agrees and laughs, leaning on Yeji's shoulder once again. Yeji lets her be, somehow getting used to Jisu's skinships and started to think that the girl is a really sweet person. Instead of being awkward about it, it only surprises her how her body comfortably reacts. It's as if they're starting to become closer, now that Jisu happens to do it a lot.

"I'd rather stay home and do nothing," Jisu says, her eyes landing at Yeji's free hand. She took the opportunity and reaches for it. She starts playing with it, Yeji watching her.

"Are you this comfortable with everyone?" 

Now that it was brought up, it hit Jisu how she's suddenly all clingy to her new friend. She retrieves her hand, surprising the other girl from the loss of contact. She was suddenly reminded that maybe she's starting to be needy again and she hates that feeling. 

"I'm sorry," Jisu mumbled, looking back at the tv to avoid Yeji's gaze.

"Did I do anything wrong?" the other girl asks, worrying that she might've delivered what she said in a wrong way. "I didn't mean to offend you--"

"No, I get it," Jisu said quietly, her voice cracking up, which made Yeji panic. Is she going to cry? Yeji thought.

"Jisu-ya," Yeji tries to call out sweetly, wrapping an arm around the girl's shoulder. "Don't cry, please?"

"..."

"Jisu...?"

Silence. Jisu didn't say anything else and kept mum. Yeji wants to mentally slap herself right now. What do I do??? she kept thinking.

As she tries to pick the right words in her mind, she didn't notice that Jisu has been staring at her with a smirk playing on her lips. Jisu took that opportunity to , finding it amusing how Yeji worries a lot. It would be childish of her, but she hasn't felt this comfortable with another person's company, getting fond of Yeji's behavior towards her. She starts laughing, automatically catching the other girl's attention, making her look in confusion. That's when Yeji realized the girl was just making fun of her.

"You!" she exclaims and let go of Jisu, crossing her arms. Jisu continues to laugh, tears started to form at the corner of her eyes.

"You should see your face!" Jisu teases as she pokes Yeji's cheek continuously.

"I really thought I made you cry!" Yeji continues to whine, pouting.

"I know," Jisu stuck out her tongue at her. "I wanted to tease you. Payback time."

"I was seriously worried," Yeji sighs. "You're evil."

Jisu laughs, looking at the sulking Yeji. Although she got a bit sad earlier when she realized she's being needy again, she didn't let it get to her. Jisu thought she should be happy instead because of the fact that she met Yeji. She didn't know another person would come into her life and make her feel things again. She wants to trust her guts this time and not overthink things. I know this time's different, Jisu thought and shrugs the thought away.

Seeing that the girl continues to sulk, Jisu sighs.

"Come on, I just wanted to get back at you for always teasing me."

"But I did worry I might've hurt you..."

"And I appreciate that you care about my feelings," Jisu assures her with a smile. "You're a good friend."

Yeji gave up on sulking and finally returns the same smile. "Oh, you should be thankful. Else, I would've left you earlier at the party."

Jisu hit her arm. They looked at each other with a challenging look before they bursts out laughing.

"Ah, seriously..." Yeji says, smiling.

"But if I have to be honest," Jisu turns serious and opens up. "I didn't want to seem needy..."

Yeji listens and comforts her. "But you're not needy."

"Well, I hope I wouldn't be," Jisu continues. "Especially to a friend I recently made."

Yeji looks at her with a smile. She reaches for Jisu's hand and interwined their hands together. 

"It's okay, I'm not against it," Yeji continues to rub her hand. "In fact, I like it."

Jisu blushes over the statement and turns away from Yeji, which just made the other girl giggle.

"You're a smooth talker," Jisu mumbled, feeling her heart beat quickens.

"And I really think you should get some rest now," Yeji decides to change the topic and looks at the clock above the wall, before turning back to Jisu. She stood up and grabbed the girl's wrist, guiding her to her bedroom. "I only have one room but I'll let you on my bed."

Jisu gasped, turning to her with a playful look. "And do what exactly, Ms. Hwang?"

Yeji tilts her head in confusion. "Uhh, sleep?" she answered with innocence, much to Jisu's disappointment. 

Jisu walked over to Yeji's bed and sits on it. Noticing how soft the bed is, she starts bouncing on it, making Yeji chuckle at the sight.

"Alright, kid," Yeji calls out as Jisu turns her attention to her again. "Before you go to sleep, change into something comfortable." 

Yeji opens her closet and browse through her clothes to see if there's anything that could fit Jisu. She saw an oversized shirt and a pair of pajamas and handed it over to Jisu, which the girl gladly accepts. She lead her to the restroom and also handed her a new toothbrush from one of the cabinets. 

"Thank you," Jisu says before Yeji left her alone to freshen up. 

The silver-haired woman decides to change into her own PJs as well and waits for the other girl to finish.

Minutes later, both of them are ready to go to bed, Yeji holding an extra blanket. 

"I'm going to sleep on the couch, you get the bed, alright?" Yeji says as she turns around, ready to leave the room when Jisu called her. She turns around to look at Jisu again and saw the girl staring at her, cocking a brow.

"What is it?"

"Why are you leaving?" Jisu asks, standing up to pull Yeji back inside. "This is your bed so you sleep here."

Yeji was about to decline but Jisu already lied down and slid to the side to give her space. Yeji didn't say anything else and just obeyed the woman, lying down beside her.

There was an awkward silence as they stared at the ceiling. Jisu wanted to get rid of the awkwardness and just then, she noticed that the night lamp she gave Yeji was the only light that engulfed the room and made her smile.

"You're using the lamp," she says, turning to look at the woman beside her.

"Ah, yeah, I use it everytime I go to bed."

"That's good to hear."

"You know what," Yeji turns to her with a grin. "I actually thought you're making me sleep on the bed because you should be the one on the couch."

"Oh, don't be selfish now," Jisu huff. "Your bed is so soft I don't want to miss the opportunity," Jisu joked.

Yeji laughed and rolls her eyes at her.

"Plus, I told you not to leave me alone," Jisu continued shyly, turning away from her.

"You really are a kid, Doc."

"I'm just drunk."

"You're sober already, Jisu-ya."

"No, I'm drunk."

"You're just making that an excuse to slave me around."

"Then why are you slaving on me?" Jisu turns to her again.

Yeji smirked at her. "So you'll like me more," she says proudly, making

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter