Chapter V

You Make Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yeji tries to focus on her work, her eyes attached on the computer screen all day. She was hoping to finish all her deadlines within the week and knowing that she finally has the time for it, she thought it might be possible until she's suddenly reminded about what happened between her and Jisu. It has been three days since they last talked and Yeji decided to look at her messages for the nth time, only to see nothing but the same last message she sent to Jisu. She already apologizes to the girl but Jisu only responded with an empty-looking "It's okay" and she knew they're not okay so she thought it was better not to reply, which Ryujin tells her that it was a stupid move. Well, Yeji doesn't seem to know how to make it up to Jisu and even after talking to Ryujin a lot of times about it, her bestfriend tells her the same thing.

"Go visit her already, there's no use moping around."

She contemplates about that same advice, before looking at the girl beside her, who seems to be done with her work already as she's only playing with her phone. Ryujin felt the attention so she whips her head towards Yeji, shooting her a questioning look.

"What now?"

Yeji bit her lip in hesitation and Ryujin already knows what it's about, releasing an exasperated sigh and turning off her phone.

"I told you, just go see her," Ryujin repeats, wanting to let it get through Yeji's stubbornness.

"Should I really?"

"Oh, god," the short-haired woman face-palmed herself, groaning. "For the last time, yes!" 

Yeji looks at her phone again then turns back to Ryujin who has her arms crossed now, impatiently waiting for her to decide. Getting an idea, Ryujin reaches for Yeji's phone instead and starts typing something. When Yeji sees this, she tries to snatch her phone back but her bestfriend continues to invade her privacy and just as she had a grasp of her phone, it was already late for her to stop whatever the girls plans to do, as Ryujin already clicks "send."

"There, I did it for you," Ryujin says to her before returning back to her position earlier, Yeji looking at her in disbelief.

"I can't believe you just did that," Yeji says in horror, reading the message then shifting her attention back to the smug-looking Ryujin.

"I swear you're gonna thank me later," Ryujin says in a matter-of-fact before playing with her phone again. Yeji looks at the message once more and starts feeling anxious about it. Is she gonna reply with this? she thought and bit her nails nervously.

Jisu saw the message she received from Yeji and a smile immediately forms on her face. Finally, she thought as she decided to stop doing her work. She just had a session with a patient and was just looking at the records for the meantime.

I should tell Ryujin about this, she initially cheered as she starts typing a message to Ryujin, thinking that Yeji's finally initiating the first move.

Ryujin's game got interrupted by a text message from Jisu and when she saw it, she kind of felt bad about how Jisu assumed that it was Yeji who sent the text. She decided not to tell the girl anyway, since she just want whatever misunderstanding between Yeji and Jisu to be over already. She starts typing a reply to Jisu's message, suggesting some ideas she could do once she meets up with Yeji.

"Who are you texting?" 

She was shocked by her bestfriend's voice, Yeji suddenly being nosy about what she's doing. Ryujin reacted by hiding her phone away, but her attempt of not letting Yeji see who she's texting with was a failure, as she sees Yeji's shocked expression.

"You saw?" Ryujin asked, panicking inside a bit as she clutches her phone closer to her chest so Yeji won't snatch it away from her.

"No, I didn't," Yeji says, still surprised with what she saw. "But it says Jisu... why are you talking to her?"

"Uhh..." Ryujin stutters, thinking of a great excuse so her bestfriend won't find out about her, helping Jisu recently. She's afraid Yeji might change her mind and back out from visiting Jisu and surely, it won't just disappoint her bestfriend but also the other girl. She just wanted the two to patch up already so she ponders on her excuse. "J-Jisu was just asking if I'm with you right now."

"What did you say?" Yeji panics, not wanting Ryujin to tell Jisu that she's been getting cold feet. "Oh no, did she say anything about the message? Did she ask you to tell me off?" she blabbers, making the other girl sigh, confirming that Yeji is the biggest overthinker she knows.

"Don't be ridiculous, Yeddeong," Ryujin assures, not wanting her friend to think too much. "You still have to finish something, right? Why don't you go back to your work?"

"What if--"

"Shh," Ryujin shushed her as she turns away from the woman. Yeji stares at her for a while before turning back to the computer screen again. Sure, she's still being anxious about it but a thought struck her as she turns her attention to her bestfriend again.

"I didn't know you guys were close," she says with a hint of suspicion, resulting to Ryujin hitting her arm, surprising Yeji by the reaction.

"Now you're being jealous?" Ryujin exclaimed, making Yeji flustered. "Can't I be friends with her as well?"

"T-That's not what I mean," Yeji mumbled, rubbing her arm which now has Ryujin's mark.

It is odd to find out that her bestfriend and Jisu keeps contact. As far as she remembers, the two only interacts at the party and then the last time was at the mall. She didn't know they'd still be that close. Yeji ponders over if she should ask how they have each other's numbers but realizing that she might've been acting possessive over Jisu, she decides to shake the thought away.

Jisu's just your friend, you have no right to be jealous, she thought to herself and lets out a sigh. 

That evening, Yeji drove off to the hospital to catch Jisu before she goes home. When the woman agrees to meet up with her, she asked what time her shift ends and insisted to fetch her. Just as she reaches the location, she saw Jisu standing at the entrance, chatting with her assistant. The girl immediately recognized her car approaching so she waves her hand as Yeji stops the car in front of her, rolling her window down to greet the two girls.

"Hi, guys!" she says to Jisu before turning her attention to the girl beside her. "Nice to see you again, Chaeryeong-ssi!"

"Same to you, Yeji-unnie!" Chaeryeong greets her with the same enthusiasm, surprising Yeji. "Jisu-unnie says you're the same age as her, even older by a month, so I thought I should call you unnie."

"Ahh," Yeji nods in understanding before smiling at her. "Are you coming with us? I invited Jisu to eat outside, maybe you'd like to join us?"

Chaeryeong shakes her head, politely declining the offer. "I actually have to meet up with some friends. Maybe next time, unnies?"

The two girls expressed their disappointment, making Chaeryeong chuckle. "I swear, next time!"

"Alright," Yeji says sadly before smiling again. "Oh, forgive my manners," she says before she went out of the car to properly greet both girls with a hug, which Chaeryeong find really friendly since this is only the third time they interacted.

Yeji then reaches for Jisu's bag, which the girl relunctantly handed to her, before she walks over to open the passenger's door for Jisu, just like she always does. Chaeryeong watches them in awe and can't help the growing smile on her face. They look like a couple, she thought.

"Are you sure you don't wanna come?" Jisu asks Chaeryeong one last time, peering outside the car's window to look at her again. 

"We can give you a ride," Yeji offers. "Where are you heading?"

"No, it's fine, unnies!" Chaeryeong apologetically smiles, declining the offer again. She finds it cute how persistent the girls are and she appreciates it. Yeji's already standing in front of her so she took that opportunity to say goodbye by bowing slightly, which the other girl responds to just be comfortable with each other now that they're all friends.

"You're so kind, Yeji-unnie," Chaeryeong says to her, smiling widely at the woman. "Anyway, why don't you guys head over now?"

"Oh, right," Yeji says before going back inside the driver's seat.

Seeing that both of them are inside, Chaeryeong waves her hand at them one last time.

"Have fun, unnies!"

"Take care, okay?" 

Chaeryeong nodded in response before Yeji drives away, the younger woman standing still, waiting for the vehicle to eventually exit the hospital's driveway.

Must be fun to get courted again, she thought, not realizing that she's been zoning out until the hospital's security guard taps her shoulder.

"It's getting late, miss."

"Ah, sorry," Chaeryeong says to him, realizing that her habit is wasting her time once again. She chuckled at herself before she finally walks away from the building.

Back to Yeji's car, the two sat in silence as the radio plays, occupying the non-existent noise inside the car. No one wants to initiate a conversation. 

Jisu turns to look at Yeji and saw that the woman's been smiling since she fetched her. Is she planning something? Jisu thought as she observes the girl's expression, wanting to ask Yeji about it, then deciding not to because she thought the silence is too comforting. It wasn't awkward yet it wasn't infuriariting as well. It's the kind of silence that has developed overtime whenever she hangs out with Yeji. She decided to enjoy it instead, turning her attention at the window again to continue looking at the scenery outside.

As for Yeji, she's just happy to see Jisu again that's why the smile on her face never left.

When she notices the car made a turn, Jisu immediately recognizes where they're heading. Yeji eventually stopped the car and parks it right at an empty space near the sidewalk as she turns off the engine and exits the car to open the door for Jisu again. It's a gesture she promised herself to continue doing whenever she's with Jisu.

"Why are we here?" Jisu asked the moment she got out of the car. The sun is already setting and there are less people around so she wonders about Yeji's plan.

This is perfect, Yeji thought as her expectation of a good weather is just right and sets the mood. She locks her car and starts to walk away, which made Jisu tail behind her. Yeji kept humming, not wanting to answer the other girl's question yet as she enjoys the breeze, smiling towards Jisu everytime their eyes meet. She can't help but chuckle at Jisu's expression right now, obviously knowing ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter