Chapter XII

You Make Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The café isn't crowded nor it lacked customers, but the way Yeji could hear every movement from here and there, chaos ran through her mind. She can't even recall how it all happened, until she finds herself sitting opposite the man who doesn't seem to feel the tension and instead, looking like the calmest person in there as his eyes go over the menu a few times.

"Ah, I think I'm gonna have this," he turns to the waitress standing beside the table as the girl immediately jot down on her little notepad. As he finishes with his order, he shifted his attention to the two girls in front of him, with the warmest smile he could put on. "How about the both of you, what will you have? It's on me."

Yeji wanted to talk, but suddenly felt dry and she couldn't utter anything. Luckily for her, Jisu knew she needed to be the one handling this situation. The man is her father, anyway.

"We're good, Dad. Yeji bought me lunch earlier."

"Anything else you might want to drink, though?" Mr. Choi continues to offer as he looks at Yeji, which quickly sent a chill down the blonde's spine. "Seems like your friend would like something," he jokes, trying to make do of the company.

"N-No, sir—I mean! Thank you for the offer, but I'd be f-fine," Yeji stuttered to answer and felt the burning on her cheeks intensify, automatically looking down on her lap to avoid his gaze. Jisu had to reach for her hand below the table to give it a light squeeze.

Mr. Choi chuckles lightheartedly, feeling amused over the taller girl. 

"Julia, do I look like I bite?" he asks, musing his lips forward, earning a weird look from his daughter.

"Geez, Dad, pouting doesn't make you look any younger."

"How mean," he exclaims before laughing once more. Meanwhile, Yeji continues to zone out in her place until he calls her attention. "I'm sorry, we haven't acquainted properly yet. Yeji, is it?"

"Yes, I'm Hwang Yeji, s-sir," she accepted the handshake from the man and she must admit, although she felt like pissing her pants when her hands came into contact with his, it gave her a comforting feeling that she shouldn't worry too much—especially when the man has been smiling a lot to her, even making her realize how similar his eyes were to Jisu's. 

"Calling me sir makes me feel too old and unapproachable," he says before leaning back to his seat. "Just call me uncle."

Yeji turns to look at her girlfriend, maybe trying to get an assurance that it's fine and Jisu nodded to her, before she nods at him. 

"Dad, I'm sorry, but I think Yeji has to go back to her workplace now," Jisu says, remembering her girlfriend's schedule, much to Yeji's relief. "We could do this another time, but I can still accompany you."

"Oh, that's fine," Mr. Choi replies, turning to Yeji. "Let's catch up some time then, Yeji-ssi?"

"Of course, u-uncle."

"I would love to get to know mo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter