Chapter IX

You Make Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yes, Mom, I'd be the first person you'd see in the area," Jisu sighs as she balances the phone in between her shoulder and cheek while fixing her belongings. It was already 12:15 pm at the time and she's rushing to get out of that building now, but her mother just had to call before she did.

"Julia, did you just—are you that unhappy to talk to your mother??"

"Mom, please, I'm just really hungry right now. It's lunch time here."

"Oh, you should've said so! I'm sorry, darling, go eat now."

"Thank you, Mom. I promise I'll fetch you as early as I can."

"Bring your sister with you tomorrow."

"Of course. Send my regards to Dad, alright? I'm going now."

After a few more endearing smooches from her mother over the phone, Jisu hangs up in relief and didn't stay any longer to her position as she slungs her shoulder bag and scurries out of her office where she met up with Chaeryeong who's patiently waiting for her.

"What took you long?" the chestnut-haired girl asked as they both start walking away there to go down the lobby.

"Sorry, my mother suddenly called," Jisu explains as they got inside the elevator. She rummages her bag for foundation and gives herself a few pats before checking her face carefully on the mirror. Of course, her assistant never failed to notice her distress.

"Jisu-unnie, you look good already, relax."

Jisu turns to her friend and saw the reassuring smile Chaeryeong displays, which indeed helped her calm down a bit as she put the makeup back in her bag.

"I'm just really nervous, I don't know why."

"It's your first date with Yeji-unnie, right?"

Jisu nods timidly as she bit her lip and fiddles with her phone. Just then, she received another message from the silver-haired woman.

In all honesty, she's nervous about the date because she hasn't went in one for a long time now and doesn't wanna mess it up. At the same time, she's excited because apparently, it'll all be Yeji's plan so she won't have to worry that much. It was sweet enough for Jisu that Yeji takes more initiative in their progressing relationship because she's all too sure that she's not confident when she does it. (A/N: really, Jisu? ain't you the one who confessed first, hmm?)

What is she gonna give me this time? Jisu smiles after reading the message.

"Now that," Chaeryeong suddenly spoke and points to her face. "Keep that. I'm sure Yeji-unnie would rather be met with that than a frown earlier."

Jisu chuckles before the elevator opened for them and they started walking all the way to the lobby to meet up with Yeji.

Her eyes automatically dart attention to where Yeji would usually wait at—which is at the bench near the vending machine—but apparently, she can't spot a certain silver-haired woman.

Where is she? Jisu kept looking around, only to flinch from the sudden appearance of the tall woman in front of her.

"Boo!"

Glad to almost stop herself from cursing, Jisu just started to hit her with consecutive slaps on the shoulder, in which the girl was too late to shield herself from the attack. 

"Ow! I'm s-sorry—stop!"

Chaeryeong laughs at what she's currently witnessing, only to finally notice something.

"Yeji-unnie, you changed your hair!"

The now blonde woman turns her attention to the other girl, rubbing her nape shyly. "Uhm, y-yeah..."

"It looks good on you! The rainbow streaks makes it even more prettier!"

Yeji grins widely at the compliment before she turns her attention back to Jisu who has agape for only noticing the change now. 

"Glad someone noticed, unlike this one in front of me," Yeji teases as Jisu pouts in return. "Do I look good, Jisu-ya?"

Jisu turns into a crimson red when she saw how Yeji stares at her with her gleaming orbs and definitely, the blonde hair complemented more of her facial features and she must admit, Yeji looked unbelievably gorgeous in it.

But the more she returns the stare, the more she finds herself at a loss for words.

"Uhm, y-yes," Jisu manages to utter, avoiding the other's gaze and Chaeryeong couldn't help but giggle at their interaction. It was such a precious thing to witness.

"You guys are so cute," the assistant says to them, now making the two blush. "I gotta leave you two now so you guys could proceed to where you're going. Have fun on your date!" with that, Chaeryeong walks away.

"So..." Yeji trails off as she scratches her head. "Should we go?"

Jisu nods and they both start walking towards the parking lot. Like usual, Yeji would offer to open the door for her before she proceeds to her own seat but before she could, Yeji opens the door to the backseat to reach for a bouquet of flowers and handed it over to Jisu.

"Oh, is this the one you got for me?" the shorter woman accepted is shyly as a wide smile slowly carved on her face. There were tulips, which she really liked, and variety of flowers that are soothing to the eye. Indeed, she liked the gesture very much as her eyes had formed into crescents.

That was enough for Yeji to see as her heart may have functioned abnormally at the sight of an angelic Choi Jisu. "You look beautiful," she uttered unconsciously.

"Not as gorgeous as you, Hwang."

Both of them smiled at one another before they finally went inside the car, with Yeji putting her favorite playlist for them to enjoy as she drives.

"Would you like to listen to keshi?"

Jisu's eyes sparkled at the mention of one of her favorite artists as she nods vigorously, making Yeji giggle at the reaction.

"A woman of culture, I see."

"I really like his music, I'm glad you listen to him too."

As the music plays, Yeji starts humming to it. After a while, Jisu sings along and Yeji find it all too amusing that the girl sings very well and opts to listen more as she continues driving. It was truly relaxing to be with Jisu and every time she takes a glance towards the girl, her heart flutters by the sight of her adorable behavior.

Glad this is starting well, she notes to her mind as she also sings along with the girl.

In a few minutes, they reached their destination as Yeji parks the car and opens the door for the girl once more. The place looks somewhere high-end and it made Jisu somehow conscious with the way she dressed. She wore a mesh, angel-printed top and skirt for that day while Yeji, on the other hand, wore a sleeveless shirt and bell pants.

"You should've informed to dress more appropriately for this," Jisu whispers to her, which Yeji reacts in a surprise manner.

"What do you mean?" Yeji retorts as she stopped walking. "Choi Jisu, you always look expensive."

Jisu gave out a hearty laugh at that and hits her softly. "How can you even say that? Please, that's absurd."

"I wasn't joking!" Yeji continues to keep up her surprised and playful facade, as she finds it really shocking that Jisu reacts this way. "Did you know that I had to search for the best and fancy restaurant that may fit your taste??"

"Are you for real?" Jisu gasps and furrows her brows. "Yeji, you can take me anywhere and I'd still be happy because I'm in your company."

"Okay, I was just kidding. Of cour

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter