Chapter XI

You Make Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A big yawn has escaped the blonde's mouth as she stretches her limbs just enough in her confined cubicle. Her work had just started 3 hours ago and yet, she finds herself getting sleepy already—or perhaps, constantly wondering why the clock ticks so slow by the passing second.

Can't it just be lunchtime now? 

Yeji shifted to her seat uncomfortably as she shakes her head, hoping it would wake her up.

C'mon, Hwang, focus! she slaps her cheeks repeatedly before she went back to her work. She hated how she's getting lazy when her day could be just the same as the days she's usually full attentive over her work and energized. It's true that Yeji is passionate with her work, but she can't say she loved it wholeheartedly.

"You okay, Yeddeong?" 

"Yeah."

Ryujin raises a brow at her, smiling at the sight of her troubled bestfriend. 

"Jisu's not gonna ditch you, y'know?"

Yeji sighs, frowning. "I just wanna see her alreadyyy."

"Getting clingy now, are we?"

"Shut up."

Ryujin chuckles before continuing her work and before Yeji could do the same, she had a thought. 

Am I clingy? she pondered over the idea, looking back at her past relationship. 

For all she knows, she isn't really the type to be the one asking to spend time all the time and yet weirdly enough, she's starting to crave someone's attention like they haven't been texting each other. She craved Jisu's existence every day. 

I can't wait to get out of here and see you, Jisu.

 

***

 

With two paper bags on her left hand, Yeji struggled to hold the bouquet of flowers on her right as she tries to push the door open, in which Chaeryeong immediately noticed and helped her up.

"You could've texted me about it and helped you up."

"Sorry," Yeji smiled apologetically at the assistant as she lets her get the paper bags to bring it together in the office. "I guess I'm just so excited to spend my lunch break with Jisu, I didn't want to waste a minute."

"My, you're too cheesy, unnie."

Both of them went inside the office, but Jisu wasn't there in her table. Yeji immediately shot Chaeryeong with a questioning look. 

"Ah, she just went in the bathroom," the girl responded to assure the other. "I'm going to leave now to eat-"

"Oh, wait!" before Chaeryeong could step out the office, Yeji stopped her from doing so. "The other paper bag is actually for you. I bought you lunch."

As if it was such an extravagant gesture, the chestnut-haired girl felt teary-eyed and launched for a hug towards the taller girl. "Why are you so sweet, Yeji unnie? Thank you!"

Yeji laughed and returned the hug, patting the girl's head and her back. "It's nothing! I might do this a lot of times from now on too, so don't worry about lunch."

"If I could steal you away from Jisu unnie, I would-"

A cough was suddenly heard from behind them and Chaeryeong automatically hopped away from the woman, smiling innocently at her boss. 

"Sooo, I am leaving! Enjoy lunch!" Chaeryeong took long strides towards the door while holding the paper bag tightly in her arms. Before completely disappearing in the room, she peeked inside once more. "Also, thank you again, Yeji unnie!" with that, she closed the door, a teasing laugh can be heard before it quieted down.

Silence occupied the room and Yeji could blink her eyes a few times before her attention shifted to the doctor, who has her arms crossed over her chest as she taps her foot on the carpeted floor.

"Are you just gonna stare?"

Like flash, Yeji's initial reaction is to launch in for a hug, greeting Jisu with the tightest yet careful one as she didn't want to hurt her. "Sorry, hi."

"Hey," Jisu greets back, wrapping her arms around the taller woman's waist as she quickly softens from the hug. She loved Yeji's warmth.

As Yeji pulls out of the hug, she guided Jisu to the couch nearby, which has a small coffee table in front of it. They sat there as Yeji brought out the food containers in the paper bag and before she could forget, she pulled out the bouquet of flowers and handed it to the petite woman.

"Another one?" Jisu gasps as she accepted the lovely daisies, looking at it with glimmer in her eyes. "Last time they were tulips, and now, daisies?"

Yeji nodded as she smiles. 

"I love them."

The doctor stood up from her s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter