Sandara

TILL OUR NEXT LIVES

It was only their third song for the night but the news of a duo playing good music at the hottest club in Hongdae spread like wildfire. People started pouring just to witness their debut performance. Their hyungs and noona were situated on one of the VIP seats upstairs, watching proudly how they hype the crowd. No doubt, they will be the next big thing.

“They’re doing well.” Dara backhugged Jiyong who was leaning on the railings.

“My brother is really good at this.”

“You set a good example for him.”

“TOP, Nabi, does it cross your mind to perform your songs like that?” Dara addressed them using their pen names.

“We’re already contented on how people love our music as it is.” Seunghyun replied, while Jiyong nodded.

“I only need one person to listen to my music.” Jiyong added.

“Blah….blah….blah…..” Seunghyun made different noises, covering his ears with his hands. He knew what’s coming. He must save himself. He doesn’t want to listen to any of his cousin’s cheesiness. It will just make him vomit. Jiyong and Dara more by being more touchy with each other, locking their lips and hugging. That sent Seunghyun to shout in frustration, much to the satisfaction of the couple who were already laughing.

After the encore stage which the crowd keeps on requesting, Hanbin and Mino proceeded upstairs. The four people waiting. immediately congratulated them for their great performance.

Jiyong hugged his brother, giving him endless praises. After, he patted Mino’s back, “Mino, I didn’t know you were that good.”

“Thank you hyung! Thanks to you and Dara noona.” Jiyong looked at him with questioning eyes.

“Remember, the autographed CD you got me from Nabi. It boosts my confidence.” Everyone, then, started laughing at his reply. If only he knew, Nabi was already infront of him, and more, he was praising him. Mino looked at them confusedly but no one explained anything so he just shrugged it off, thinking they just remembered something.

“Let’s celebrate guys!” Dara shouted, offering a cheers.

When they were finished, Dara told Mino to get their bill. Seungri tried to stop her, saying it was on him, just looking at the amount of guests Hanbin and Mino earned his club. Mino looked interchangeably at the two, not knowing who he should follow. But the amount of fear he has for Dara was far greater than Seungri whom he just met though he was very thankful to him for allowing them to perform in his club.

After checking it, Dara gave Mino her card. “Hyung, you’re letting noona pay?” Hanbin grimaced at his brother’s attitude. Mino was also surprised on who will pay so he waited again for the final decision.

“Just shut up brat.” Jiyong replied without looking.

“Kids, did you forget? Hyung and noona are already living their married life. They share all their expenses so no difference.” Seungri explained.

It wasn’t one minute yet since Mino went down, but he was already back with his confused face.

“Noona, are you Sandara?” He asked looking back and forth to the name in the card and Dara.

“For real? We've been working for some time now." Mino looked at him confused. Dara chuckled, replying again. "Yes, it’s me. It’s my real name.” Mino went down again, understanding it. She was introduced to him as Dara so he has no idea that it was just her nickname.

Seunghyun was left shocked on what he just heard. It was his first time knowing this when all these times he was hanging out with them. “Your real name is Sandara?” He gawked at the girl.

“You don’t know hyung?” Jiyong asked.

“Do you think I will react like this if I knew? Oh my god! I feel betrayed. How come I’m only hearing this now?”

“Stop overreacting hyung. I thought you knew, even Seungri and Hanbin knew.”

“Yah. Seungri knows her since birth. Hanbin knows her since he was a little kid. While me, I just met her when you transferred here to Seoul during college, and you introduced her only as Dara. How will I know about it?!”

“Aigooo. Fine. Annyeong Mr. Seunghyun, my name is Sandara Park.” Dara offered her hand for a shake.

“No. You don’t understand it.” He whined again.

“Yeah, we really don’t. Stop fussing around hyung. It’s no big deal.” Hanbin irritatingly replied.

“All this time, I was doing all investigations in my head. God! This is so frustrating. That song! Butterfly. I’m very curious who’s that three lettered name. I know that song is for Dara, of course, she’s your muse. But where the hell does that three lettered name comes from. Everyday, it’s the only mystery I’m trying to solve. Aishhhh! All along it’s because the three lettered name is Sandara. Aishhhh! I hate you!” Seunghyun threw tantrums. He can’t believe it. He thought he would die not knowing the mystery behind that song. The others looked at each other dumbfoundedly before laughing their hearts out. They didn’t know Korea’s most sought actor was carrying such big dilemma in his life.

 

Unintentionally, I look at the ground like

My heart flutters at your 3-letter name, ooh baby

I'll heal every single one of your small wounds

My love is you (every time)

 

Mino went back upstairs, just to found out they were all hysterically laughing again. “Are they always this happy? They’re weird.”

 

 

Dara was talking to her mother on the phone when she remembered last night’s hilarious revelation. She can’t help but still laugh, remembering Seunghyun’s reaction.

“Mom, I want to ask something. Where did you get my name?” She asked curiously, even Jiyong asked her that, saying it’s a very unique name.

“My mom, your grandmother named you.”

“And you just accept it?”

“I trust her. I remember that time when she first saw you, she immediately whispered your name, Sandara.”

“Sandara.”

“I’m sure she has a good reason behind it.”

“Do you know?”

“I forgot but something about the miracle of next life.”

“Speaking of mom, your grandmother will come back next month. Make sure to clear your schedule. Bring Jiyong with you.”

After hanging up, her mother’s words kept on lingering in her.

Miracle of next life’ She wonders what it’s all about.