Seungri

TILL OUR NEXT LIVES

“Hyung! Noona! You’re back!” Seungri hugged them tightly after entering the couple’s house. “Why did you go there? I thought you’re just going to Jeju.” After they went back from their honeymoon, they immediately went to Jangsu the next day, making their bestfriend unaware on everything that was going on.

Dara gave the diary, telling him to read it.

“Aigooo, this is making me giddy.” Seungri commented when he read the first entries. “Omo, what just happened?” He threw a questioning look.

“Did the guy leave her or the other way around? But why would they do that when it’s clear they are so in love? Why can’t they have their happy ending?” Seungri continuously asked, his curiosity eating him up. “Who’s the owner of this? Is there a part two? I want to know what happened.”

“Look at the back pocket.” Jiyong instructed.

His gripped on the diary tightens, shaking. He was staring at the photo on his hand. He has the same reaction with his hyung and noona when they first saw it. He was shocked. He racked his brain to find a believable reason but none was coming up. “Yah, when did you take this? You’re a cheater, you always tell me when you date back in highschool.” He forced a laugh. “And what’s with these costumes and old setting, don’t tell me you’re also learning some photoshop.”

“You don’t have to make up some story. Just say what you wanted to say.” Dara assured him. They have been on the same situation as him so they understood well how he was reacting. But it was really no use denying it.

Seungri stared at them, waiting for an explanation. “So if it’s not you…wait….how could...is that even possible?” He stuttered, not really thinking of any right question to be ask.

“They are memories of our past lives.” Jiyong replied.

Then a recognition hit Seungri hard. “Oh my god! The song, Butterfly. It’s the same as your song to noona.” He stated with wide eyes.

“There’s more to it. It’s the only thing that you've realized because you saw it. But the other entries, we’ve experienced every single bit of it. Like a déjà vu of our memories.” Seungri covered his mouth. “The owner, she is my great grandma. Her name is also Sandara. My grandma named me after her because she believes it’s me who’s the miracle of her mother’s next life.”

“We went to Jangsu, her great grandma’s hometown. We wanted to seek for answers as well. But what happened there is more than what we could have imagined. When we arrived, we felt the sense of familiarity though it was our first time there.” Jiyong started explaining while playing with his wife’s hands.

“We met Mr. Kang. He showed us a photo where Dara and I were present in it, along with three others, smiling at the camera. Then, he introduced us to his grandfather named Daesung. He was already blind because of old age but when we greet him, he immediately addressed us as Jiyong and Dara even without telling our names. It turned out; he was one of our friends in our past lives.”

“Even before, we already loved music. He even called us the musical geniuses. And we also found out that we are very much loved on that town. I mean the past us.”

“You may not notice it but until now you two are very much loved.” Seungri interrupted.

This time, Dara continued. “The next day we met someone who suddenly called us hyung and noona. He was also an old man. It was him whom Daesung told us to meet as he knows us better more than him. Guess who?” Dara gave him a knowing smile.

“Noona, this is not the time for guessing game.” Seungri protested.

“It’s your favorite Kwon Park.”

“What?! How did you know? No one really knows who he is or what he looks like.” Seungri gawked at them. If there’s Nabi in the music industry, then there’s Kwon Park when it comes to novels. Seungri was very fond of his works, and ever since, he was trying his best to contact him so he could ask permission to turn some of his novels into movies. But to no avail, he has only met the publisher, whom didn’t also know the identity of Kwon Park as their communication was also handled by another middleman.

“He told us. Want to know his real name?” The couple teased, waiting for another round of his tantrums before finally saying it.

“Kwon Seungri.”

“Seungri? We shared the same name?” He repeated, confirming it. Jiyong and Dara chuckled, nodding their heads.

“I knew it. That’s why he’s that great. He was named after me.” Seungri proudly boasted.

“They even share that attitude.” Jiyong whispered at his giggling wife.

“He invited us at his home. When we got there, another wave of familiarity came to us, like we have been in that same house many times before. Kwon Seungri, it turned out he was my younger brother, and that house is where I lived before. He showed many photos, and no doubt, it was us again in them. We’re like looking into a mirror dressed up from the old times.”

“My great great grandparents and the past Jiyong’s parents are bestfriends, and us being born just months apart, we spent our times growing together. We were inseparable, he said.”

“Yah, you’re inseparable too. Back in highschool when you weren’t a couple yet, I know you’re just using me as your excuse so you could spend time together. You’re both too shy to confess that’s why I needed to meddle. And from the day you became a couple, God, you can’t get enough of each other. Look, you even decided to live together even before you got married.” Seungri said in his matter of fact voice.

“We had a great love story, right?” Dara sheepishly smiled.

Seungri nodded his head nonstop, delighted with what his favorite couple shared. Never in his life has he believe that past life and next life really exist, not until now. However, a part of him was still curious on those unsettling questions and thoughts on the diary, “But noona. The ending, what happened? Did they really break up?”

“I died.” Jiyong replied, staring blankly at the empty glass placed in the table. It was their past lives, but he can’t help but blame himself too. He looked at his wife, and promised himself that he will never let her suffer. He will do everything just to be by her side.

“And it’s my fault.” Dara mumbled, her body started trembling. Jiyong gathered her in his arms, assuring and comforting her. They were both blaming themselves when none of them wanted it to happen.

“He died but the memories they’ve shared wouldn’t.” Seungri said, seeing them becoming emotional. He may not have any experience in love but he understands it very well. The love he saw from his hyung and noona made him. Not only that, but also Kwon Park’s novels. His novels about undying love.

“Hmmm. It never will. Their love, it’s just waiting for another chance. And that chance is us.” Jiyong remembered the old Seungri’s words.

“Our love, it became the town’s legend. Everyone knew it. Until now, they’re wishing that on the next lives of the past us, we will meet again.” Dara added.

“You are the part two I’m looking for, the continuation, their next lives. I’m already witnessing it.” Seungri looked at them with amazement. “I don’t know how to explain it but I’m very much honored to be included in this story, even just for this lifetime.”

 

 

JIYONG’s POV

Dara appeared from the bedroom, holding the box we've received. Being a composer, its contents perks up my curiousness because writing poems has the same process with writing lyrics.

As I read them, my admiration for their love keeps on multiplying. The way he describes his feelings, the way he portrays Dara, the way he tried to find the perfect words.

“They’re beautiful, it’s very genuine. If only she was given the chance to read all these.” Dara said sadly. “Babe, don’t you think these are like your songs for me?” She was right. Another thing I have in common with my past self. Our past lives and our present lives, we are different but still similar.

“I’m grateful you were able to listen to all of it.” I answered back. Maybe, before I was born in this life, I’ve realized that I don’t want to repeat the same regret that’s why I didn’t hesitate to let her listen to my songs. Speaking of song, I wonder what’s the lyrics of Butterfly. Would it be similar to mine too?

We have already read everything but the song was still nowhere to be found. “Babe, did you find the song?” I asked Dara, who keeps on rereading the poems.

“Butterfly?” I nodded my head.

“Not yet.”

I tried to find it again but nada. Only poems are there in the pile of papers. “I can’t find it.”

“Let’s just ask Mr. Kwon Seungri. Maybe, he has it.”

“These are all master piece.” I told Dara while rereading another poem. “This shouldn’t be hidden.”

“Same thoughts. I feel like people should see these. I don’t know for inspiration? For them to believe in love, perhaps?”