Glimpse

TILL OUR NEXT LIVES

Jiyong was becoming restless just by staring at the car’s display clock. He thought it will only take him an hour to arrive home from the airport. But it was obviously far from happening, the time was moving so slow for him.

2:30AM

2:31AM

2:32AM

“Will you stop staring at that.” Seunghyun elbowed him as he drives. They just went back to Seoul in these wee hours since Jiyong decided to move their flight earlier than scheduled.

After Seunghyun dropped him, Jiyong silently made his way inside their home, careful not to wake up the girl who has no idea he would be home earlier. He tiptoed his way to their room.

“I miss you babe.” He whispered, gathering the sleeping girl on his arms. She squirmed a little with the sudden weight on her waist. Opening her eyes, she was surprised to see Jiyong, grinning at her.

“Ji?”

“Hi babe.” Jiyong dipped down, capturing her lips. Dara was still stunned and confused but her lips automatically responded. She wrapped her hands on his neck, deepening it more. He finished it with little kisses on her face before staring at her again.

“You’re back early.” Dara stated the obvious.

“I miss you.” He gave her another peck, pulling her body closer to his. “Let’s sleep.”

 

 

It was Saturday afternoon when the couple decided to hang out in his studio.

“Babe, listen to this.” Dara put down the guitar she was playing then grabbed a chair, placing herself besides Jiyong.

“It’s good but the drum part towards the end sounds a bit weird. Maybe, try to use the synthesizer.” Jiyong nodded, following her suggestion. Since young, he was very interested in making music. He was praised on his talent with different instruments but what he likes the most is writing his own song. Music, it was one of the things that brought him and Dara closer. He loves it whenever she gives her honest opinions and suggestions. It makes everything better. If it wasn’t for her, he wouldn’t be able to establish his name in the music industry.

“Seunghyun hyung just messaged me. He will be coming.”

After some time, Seunghyun entered the studio with coffees on hand. “You didn’t bring your fans here, right?” Dara welcomed him with a hug.

“I can’t help it, they can’t resist me.” Seunghyun bragged, pounding his chest repeatedly. Jiyong couldn’t take the arrogance of his cousin, making him grab the nearest thing he could throw.

“Don’t you dare Jiyong. My handsomeness shouldn’t be touched.” Seunghyun stopped him before the bottle Jiyong was holding flew on his face.

“Don’t be full of yourself, oppa. I’m just afraid they will see Jiyong. When that happens, I’m sure your fangirls’ loyalty will transfer to him. I don’t want to deal with that.” Dara explained, chuckling which earned her a scowl from Seunghyun’s intimidating eyes.

Seunghyun sat beside Jiyong, finding his way to also work with some music.

“Jiyong, did you see the articles?” Jiyong just shook his head, not interested on the news.

“You’re all over the net again because of your new song. People love it. How does it feel to have so much admirers?” He teased. “Seriously, how could you make so many hit songs?”

Without removing his eyes from the computer’s screen, Jiyong answered by pointing his hand at the back. Seunghyun followed his cousin’s forefinger, and saw Dara, busy playing again the guitar.

“Can the both of you talk to me?” Seunghyun growled. Dara gave him a brief glance before looking down again to the strings.

“Let’s work hyung.” Jiyong just simply replied.

 

 

JIYONG’s POV

Dara and I were having a dinner in a restaurant when my song started playing. It’s weird to hear it publicly. I didn’t even expect they would love it knowing that they don’t have any idea who’s the person behind the song.

“This is one of my favorites.” Dara smiled while she bobbed her head up and down.

Suddenly, we heard squeals from beside our table.

“Omo, omo! His voice is so beautiful.” “I know I love him.” “I want him to sing for me.”

Those are some words we managed to hear. They must be talking to some boy groups. Seriously, those idol groups keep on popping. Everytime I open the television, there would be new groups and faces having their debut.

“I wonder why he doesn’t show his face.” That line caught our attention. We looked at the spazzing girls, wide eyed, realizing who they were talking about. I looked back at Dara, and I saw her throwing those innocent girls her deathly glares. I tried to stifle my laugh but I was too late.

“You’re enjoying it.” She glared at me. I by nodding my head. She gave me her evil smirk before she stepped on my foot. Aishhh, this woman. That hurts.

For the rest of the night, Dara decided to give me a cold shoulder. I know she is not the jealous type so seeing her act like this, it must be her period. But still, I can’t stand it when she’s not talking to me. It’s making me crazy.

“Babe.” I backhugged her as soon as we arrived home. No response. “Babe.” I whined again, encircling her so we are facing each other. Still, no response. She tried her best to look at anything but me. “Babe, please.” I pouted this time. I saw her smile a little but she quickly changed it back to her devoid expression. I continued whining at her, showing her the best pout I could mutter. I swear if other people saw me doing this, I’ll just kill myself. God, the things I do for this woman.

After lots of nagging, Dara wasn’t able to resist me, and gave my pouting lips a peck.

“Sorry babe. I won’t do that again.”

“Don’t mind me. It’s just my hormones, it’s the time of the month.” She pinched my cheeks. “But I’m curious too, why don’t you show your face?”

“If I do, they will all flock at me. I’m too handsome.”

“So?”

“Aren’t you going to be jealous?”

“Why would I?”

“Daraaaaaaa!” Is she really offering me to those fangirls? I mean that’s not the reason why I don’t show my face. But hearing this, aishhhhh, nevermind.

“Aigooo, it’s because I trust you, babe. I know you won’t cheat on me. You have the hottest girl right now, you won’t dare look at them.” She retorted proudly which I completely agree. This woman never fails me with her wits.

“I don’t want to show my face because I want the people to love my music as it is, for its content and composition, not because of the face behind it. And I believe the only important person that should know the person behind that name is my muse.” I stared at her, caressing her cheeks.

“And I believe that should be none other than me.” Dara grinned back.

 

Jiyong ran excitedly, carrying the first song he has composed. He can’t wait to show it to the girl who inspired him on writing. He passed by Seungri, who was watching their little store, reading a book.. “Hyung, are you going to the usual place?” He shouted. Jiyong didn’t stop running but manage to nod at him. “Can you wait for me? Mom’s going home soon.” But Jiyong was already too far to hear his request.

“Dara!”

She waved, showing him the angelic smile, Jiyong grew fond of.

“What’s with all the running?” She chuckled, wiping his sweats with her handkerchief. Her gesture took him by surprise.

On the other hand, when Dara heard Jiyong called her name, she felt the loud thumping of her heart again. She knew too well that it was not normal anymore but she always shrugged it off. When he reached her, she unconsciously wiped his sweats like it’s what she should automatically do for him. Feeling the strong gaze on her, she realized what she was doing and claimed back her arms. She managed to act calm when deep inside she was so confused on what’s happening with her. She always feels something foreign, everytime Jiyong was around.

Jiyong handed her a piece of paper. “Read it.”

“Butterfly?”

“It’s my first composition. It’s a song.”

“Why butterfly?”

“It’s you, my butterfly.” Dara was puzzled on his words. How could she be his butterfly? She was about to make him explain when Seungri interrupted their conversation. She put the paper inside her pocket while she scoots on one side, giving some space for Seungri to sit.

“Hyung! Why didn’t you wait for me?” Instead of sitting, Seungri laid down, resting his head on Dara’s lap. Jiyong flinched at the scene. He knew Dara and Seungri knew each other way before him and were just bestfriends but still, he can’t help but to get jealous.

 

After their petty fight and make up, they spent the rest of the night watching television when their ever dependable and annoying bestfriend decided to bombard their place. Sometimes, they asked themselves if it was really a good idea to live in the same building with him. The amount of time he spent disturbing their peaceful cuddles, and yes, including their love making sessions keeps on piling up every single day.

“Hyung, noona! Open up, I know you’re there.” Seungri knocked and shouted repeatedly. Jiyong and Dara decided to just ignore him until he grew tired but being ignored is not in the dictionary of Seungri.

“If you don’t let me in. You can’t have any favors from me. I will not heed to any of your request. That’s a promise.” Seungri threatened. He was certain that will work. His hyung and noona couldn’t live without him. He believes he was the miracle sent by God to the couple.

Jiyong opened the door, smacking the intruder’s head as his greeting.

“Hyung, that hurts!”

“What makes you go up here?”

“I’m hungry.” Seungri replied while making himself comfortable on the couch.

“Then eat at your home. Our house is not a restaurant.” Jiyong scowled.

“I don’t want to eat alone. I want to be with my favorite couple.” He sheepishly replied, battling his lashes infront of Dara’s eyes.

“Okay. I’ll cook for you. Just wait.” Dara surrendered. She can never resist his request. She treated him as her real brother and he had done too much for them. Way too much.

 

Jiyong was in deep thought as he and Seungri walked together after dropping off Dara to her house. He didn’t know when it started but Dara just keeps on filling up his thought, like she’s the only one that matters.

“Hyung, I’ve known Dara noona since birth. Though we are just a year apart, she always takes care of me. She always tutors me in our lessons. She also scolds me a lot. She’s like my mother, sister, and bestfriend.” Seungri suddenly disrupted his thoughts. Jiyong didn’t know why Seungri is telling those but he just continued to listen. “I really love her.” His friend continued. Jiyong gulped deeply, afraid on where the talk was going. What if Seungri told him that he loves Dara not as a friend nor a sibling but as a man? Can he take it?

Reading his hyung’s mind, Seungri chuckled before continuing, “I won’t ever be the man for her, she’s not my type, hyung.” Jiyong finally let go of the breath he was holding. “Hyung, what do you feel about noona?” He was hesitant to answer but at the same time he felt the need to talk to someone about his feelings.

“When you first introduce Dara to me, I was mesmerized with her beauty. I ask myself, if such human being really exists. I admit I instantly have a crush on her. Then, the two of you became my closest friends. I started knowing more about her. Her personality, her favorites, her habits, her dislikes. I found all of them endearing.”

“I don’t know when it started but whenever I see her, I can feel my insides doing thousands of somersaults. When she flashes those smiles, I can feel the fast and loud beating of my heart. When she clings her arm around me, I can feel electricity flowing through my body. Her effect on me is too much.”

“A while ago, I was nervous on what you were about to say. I don’t think I could bear if you said you love her as a man. I don’t know. I’m confused too.” He confessed. A knowing smile spread on Seungri’s face as he draped his arm around his bestfriend.

“You’re in love with Dara noona.” He stated the obvious fact. He was always with the two, and he saw how Jiyong acts with Dara. He was waiting for his hyung to confess, but nada. It was taking too long, Seungri was already losing his patience that’s why he started the talk they were having. He wanted Jiyong to realize his feelings himself, but he guess his hyung is too dumb to understand himself, and he hates it when things get complicated.

“Am I?”

“Stop overthinking. I know many boys who also like her. Make your move now, and confess your feelings. Or else others might steal her away from you.” Jiyong felt a tingling pain on his chest, just imagining Seungri’s words.

“I couldn’t bear seeing that. It hurts me.”

“Hyung, seriously just stop with your drama and confess to her.”

“What if she doesn’t like me?”

“You wouldn’t know until you ask her.” If only the man besides him knew. Seungri smiled, looking at the sky, “Thank you for making me witness how true love unfolds.” He said on his mind as if talking to someone up there, a God perhaps, he didn’t know. He was just happy and thankful.