My Butterfly

TILL OUR NEXT LIVES

Jiyong and Dara spent their day together in the amusement park, bringing out their inner childish selves. The sun was already setting when Jiyong decided to bring Dara on one of the crowded parks near Han river. He made sure the day would be extra special.

“This day is the best” Dara whispered, smiling while staring at the sunset. Jiyong glanced at her. His heart starts pounding again. It always amazed him how this woman could make him feel different kinds of emotions every single time. 

She locked their hands together, leaning herself onto his body.

“Babe, I’ll just get us something.” He tried to excuse himself, hoping Dara wouldn’t questioned him. She let go of his hands though she was dismayed with him, ruining the mood.

Jiyong quickly called Seungri, asking where he was.

When he arrived at the tower overseeing the park, and also where the controller of the speakers was located, he took plenty of deep breaths.

“You sure no one knows it’s me?”

“It’s only us here hyung. Everything is under my control.”

Jiyong positioned himself infront of the microphone, staring at Dara on the exact place where he left her.

Dara was still waiting for Jiyong when she heard his voice blasting from the speaker. “To my butterfly, this song is for you.” A familiar melody started flowing in the park, catching the attention of everyone. They know that song, the song everyone loves.

“Oh my god, is that his talking voice?” “Is he really here?” “Is this a special event?” People around Dara started gushing and squealing. But those were all muted. The only sound she could hear was Jiyong’s. She tried to find where he was but she can’t.

“I can see you babe. I’m just here. Enjoy my song for you.” Jiyong assured her.

Hearing those, the crowd was getting more hype with the giddiness they were feeling. They have always been curious who's the man behind those songs topping many charts. When he first released his song publicly, they felt weird not knowing who the singer was, his age, his real name, how he looks like. But his songs, its melody and poetic lyrics, there’s something in them that could go through their hearts.

Dara closed her eyes, savoring the music playing.

When it was his cue to sing, Jiyong glued his eyes to Dara, his butterfly.

 

It's all about you, my butterfly

 

Every time I come close to you

Every time I'm feeling you

Feels like I'm gonna dream every time

I get butterflies, check it

 

Unintentionally, I look at the sky like

It reminds me of you when you smile

Namely, how dazzling it is, ooh baby

My day consists of our romantic drama

It makes me laugh and smile, no no no

 

I can't sleep (I try calling your name)

I turn my head shyly (no matter what)

I like it this much

I rarely stop walking

(You don't know how much I love you)

 

Every time I come close to you

Every time I'm kissing you

Feels like I'm gonna dream every time

I get butterflies

 

Beautiful girl

 

Unintentionally, I look at the ground like

My heart flutters at your 3-letter name, ooh baby

I'll heal every single one of your small wounds

My love is you (every time)

 

Yo, like a butterfly

You look for a flower, flutter around like a child

Your innocent eyes have a smile (no matter what)

Your body moves like the sky, the sky

Your eyes glimmer, glimmer

I've become like this

(You're the only one girl, one love, one life, yeah)

 

Every time I come close to you

Every time I'm holding you

Feels like I'm gonna dream every time

I get butterflies

 

To promise what I promised

We missed each other, and it makes me worry

Just another day, it's all the same

What, why is this all so complicated

Though you can't trust guys

Love can be forever

Why do you push and pull

Can't you be a bit more honest

 

Look at my eyes

You see my eyes

You see my lips

Listen to my heart

If you're listening, answer me

Kiss me on the cheek, Natural high

That’s we, all I’m saying

My memories

Yes my heart

Yes that'll be all I say

If our love continues to fill us up

Then we'll never ever break up, trust me

I'll make love to you

 

Every time I come close to you

Every time I'm feeling you

Feels like I'm gonna dream every time

I get butterflies

 

Yeah, you're special to me

Your turn

La la la la la la la

Yeah my butterfly

 

The day Jiyong will finally confessed to Dara has arrived. Thanks to their bestfriend, he came to his senses. He already explained Seungri his plan, and what he just needed him to do was to leave them alone. Being the cupid that he is, Seungri happily obliged.

“Dara, let’s go to the usual spot.” Jiyong told Dara after their class ended.

“Sure.” She replied, hooking her arms to both Jiyong and Seungri.

To avoid any questions from Dara, Seungri decided to follow along first. He will just think of something later so he could leave them. When he gave Jiyong a brief glance, his hyung was already murdering him with his stares. Afraid of his hyung, Seungri tried his best to come out with the best excuse but none was registering on his mind.

“Seungri, how’s the book you’re reading?”

“Ah noona…. Hahaha…. Uhmmm.” Seungri stuttered. Dara looked at him while Jiyong was still glaring at him as if telling him to leave now or he will never get to see the sunrise again.

“Hahaha…. Oh yeah…. I forgot I’m about to finish…. I want to read now…Hahaha.... Bye hyung, noona.” Seungri quickly ran, leaving Dara dumbfounded.

“I guess it would just be the two of us.” Dara immediately regained her composure when deep inside she was already panicking. “How could Seungri leave me alone? He knew what I feel whenever I’m with Jiyong and now this. God!” She screamed in her mind. She didn’t know if she should remove her hand on his arm. The tingling sensation whenever their skin touched was killing her. But in the end, she decided not to. The urge of feeling him on her skin was much greater.

When they arrived, Jiyong’s mind went blank though he had already practiced how he would confess many times.

“Ji, are you okay?” Dara noticed his anxiousness. Jiyong just smiled, trying to hide the nervousness he was feeling. “It’s now or never.” He thought to himself as he positioned the guitar he brought on his lap.

“Remember the song I showed you last time?”

“Butterfly?”

“Yes. Do you want to hear me sing it?” Dara nodded eagerly, remembering those sleepless nights she spent reading it, her heart always beating fast.

Jiyong started singing as he locked his gaze with her. Reading it has already so much effect on her but hearing the man, whom Seungri made her realized that she loves, singing it while looking at her affectionately, was a whole different feeling. It was thousand times better. She felt like she was floating. Everything around them vanished, it was him whom she could only see. His stares, his voice. She was sure about it, she loves him.

“It was beautiful.” Dara’s eyes were twinkling. Jiyong grabbed her hands, and started confessing. It was full of sincerity.

Then, Dara started crying.

“Shhhhh. It’s okay if you don’t love me back. I just want you to know much I love you.” Jiyong cooed her. But it was already breaking his heart. He didn’t know it would be this painful being rejected. “At least I tried” He consoled himself. He wanted to cry too but seeing the girl cries, he couldn’t take it.

“So…Sorry..” Dara hiccupped, forcing the words out of . It was one that she cried, but hearing her apologized it was a double pain for him. “Sorry..I…cri…cried…I’m…I’m…just too….too happy.” Dara finally said.

Jiyong looked at her confusedly, unsure if what he heard was right. But Dara’s next action made him believe he was not dreaming. She threw her body to him, hugging him tight. “I love you too.” She mumbled.

Oblivious to the two, their bestfriend has been witnessing everything. Seungri could not stay still at his room, knowing that the love story he was waiting will finally happen. He was a fan of romance novels but it was another witnessing one. He quickly ran to their usual spot, and find a place where he can hide. He was stifling his laughter, seeing his hyung so nervous, and for his noona, he was very sure she’s already having a heart attack just by being alone with Jiyong.

“He’s so inlove.” Those were the only words Seungri could mutter after hearing Jiyong’s song for Dara. Though it wasn’t for him, Seungri definitely felt it.

When Dara finally accepted Jiyong’s love, Seungri decided to leave, giving them their private time. His job was done, anyways.

The new couple where bathed in comfortable silence, lying down in the grass, looking up at the sky. They were both in deep thought, anticipating what future holds with their new relationship.

“Nabi.” Jiyong suddenly said.

“Nabi?” Dara looked at him curiously.

“Nabi, it means butterfly. It would be my pen name.”

“Pen name?”

Jiyong shifted his position and stared at Dara’s eyes gently.

“It would be my pen name as a musician.” Dara knew his passion for music but she was confused why he needed a pen name when he could just use his own name.

“My song for you, Butterfly, it was the first song I’ve ever made. You’re my inspiration on that.” Dara just stared at him, memorizing his features.

“You’re my butterfly. And I am yours. So Nabi. It’s you. You’re my muse.” He grinned at her.

“I’m your muse.” Dara repeated, letting it sink to her. “Yes, you are.” Jiyong chuckled. He lifted her head and place his arm underneath, closing the gap between their bodies.  

 

After the song ended, Jiyong thanked Seungri as he sped his way back to Dara. When he finally saw her, she was already crying. He immediately trap her in a tight hug. He cooed her, saying sweet nothings and showering her face with kisses repeatedly. When he felt her calm down, he looked at her, caressing her cheeks.

“Happy anniversary my butterfly.” Jiyong whispered.

She was beyond thankful on everything Jiyong has done for her. Their relationship was not perfect, there were times when they got into heated fights but Jiyong never gives up on her. He never fails to show her how much he loves her.

“I love you Jiyong.” Dara replied, tiptoeing a little to reach his lips. He bowed down his head so Dara could stand normally, circling his arms on her waists, deepening more their kiss.

“Hearing him sing live is amazing.” “He’s so sweet!” “That’s my favorite song of Nabi.” “Kyaaaaa!” “That man was genius, I swear. His skills are undeniable.” “I’m in love with Nabi.” Everyone, all genders, all ages, can’t get over on what had just happened. They were all praising him, but what they didn’t know the Nabi they were speaking about was just beside them, trapped in his own world with his muse.

 

 

The couple just arrived from work. Dara deciding to rest first before making their dinner. She saw the old diary, and starteded reading again, flipping into the second page.

 

      March 18, 1910

We were the only ones left in the auditorium but you insisted on staying longer. You hold my hand and guide me on one of the front seats. I was scared when you suddenly let go, and walk away. But I told myself, you would never leave me alone. Then, you ascended onto the stage, grabbing the guitar lying among the other instruments. You positioned yourself in the center, and started strumming those tiny strings. A soft melody resonated the whole room. I closed my eyes, savoring each note as it dances through my ears then a voice suddenly joined in. It was you. You were singing. I’ve always knew that you sing well but at that moment it was different. There’s something with the lyrics, the melody, and your voice that tugged my heart. After your performance, I remembered how I clapped my hands excitedly as I ran to you up on that stage. I was hugging you tight when your breath tickled my ear. You whispered at me. I clearly remember those words.

                  “The title is Butterfly. I made that song for you, my butterfly.”

                  True to your words, I felt millions of butterflies inside me. It will be my favorite song, my lullaby.

 

The diary slipped through her hand, too shocked on what she just read.

“Butterfly……. It’s Jiyong’s song for me.” She whispered.

“How could it be so similar?”

Another déjà vu. They were cuddling yesterday when Jiyong left her. He sang for her in the park, a song he made just for her.

My butterfly’ – The same line Jiyong whispered to her.

“Dara?” Jiyong woke her up from her reverie. “Babe, someone’s calling.” Jiyong repeated, showing her phone.

“Dara, did you hear me? Go to the office now, we have an emergency.” Bom’s voice rang on her ears. It took her a while to realize what her friend was talking about. “Ahhh, yes yes. I’ll be coming.”

Jiyong drove her back to the office, her thoughts still clouded with the diary. Noticing her silence, Jiyong grabbed her hands resting on her lap. “You okay?”

“Yes. I’m just thinking things.”

“Don’t stress yourself.”

“Yes, don’t think too much Dara. It will just stress you out. It’s just a coincidence.” Dara convinced herself silently.

For the second time, the similarity between Dara’s life and those in the diary was set aside.