Diary

TILL OUR NEXT LIVES

Living in the busy city of Seoul, everyday becomes a repetition of yesterday. Eat, work, sleep. It was already taking a toll on both Jiyong and Dara, making them decide to have a quick break back to their hometown, Busan.

When greenness of trees started occupying their surroundings, Jiyong pulled down the car windows to let fresh air circulates their car. Dara spread her arms outside, feeling the familiarity of the place.

“Mom, dad, Jisoo!” Dara immediately ran to her family waiting outside their house, hugging them while Jiyong got Dara’s luggage from the compartment.

“Good morning Uncle, Aunt, Jisoo.” Jiyong bowed at them. He will just drop off Dara before he proceeds on his family’s house nearby. The couple decided they will sleep separately so they could spend more time with their respective families.

“Jiyong, put down your things too.” Dara’s father told him. Dara quickly explained their set-up but her father’s reply stopped them from arguing, “We had dinner with your family yesterday. They told us, you should stay here. They will just visit you when they arrived since they will be having their own vacation.”

“For real? They are having their vacation without me?” Jiyong voiced out his irritation. He immediately called his mother, complaining on how he was disregarded by his own family.

When Jiyong hanged up, Dara’s mother was laughing while ushering them inside. Way back then, when the Kwons moved in that town, they instantly became close with the Parks and the Lees. They treated each other’s children as their own so having Jiyong as Dara’s boyfriend, they felt secured. Though previously, they really thought their daughter will end up with Seungri.

“Atleast, I could spend some babe time with you.” Jiyong whispered, winking at her.

“Oppa, I heard that. I’ll steal unnie away from you. She’ll be sleeping in my room.” Jisoo sister’s boyfriend. Jiyong glared at her, hiding Dara behind his back.

That day, the Park’s residence was full of laughters and teasings. Jisoo showed them her acting skills while Jiyong mocked her. They were exchanging stories, trying to cope up with the time they were away from each other. Being the eldest, it was hard for the Parks to see their daughter go to Seoul to pursue her college degree, and eventually stay there for work. But since she would be with Jiyong and Seungri, the worries they have disappeared. They knew for sure those two will protect Dara at all cost.

 

 

Days passed by, and their quick vacation has come to end. They need to return back to their reality in Seoul.

While Dara was waiting for Jiyong, who spent the night in his family’s house, she busied herself by going to the attic. She started scanning the books aligned on the wooden cabinet when a certain notebook caught her attention. It looked older than the others where it was placed. It made her curious since it has no title, just a plain blue cover with some dust around it.

“Dara, Jiyong is here!” She heard her mom shouted.

Instead of leaving the notebook, she felt the strong urge to have it with her. Without opening and knowing its content, she quickly went down, putting it in her bag.

“We’re going.” The couple bid goodbye to Dara’s family. It was short but spending their time in Busan, reminiscing their memories, it definitely recharged them.

 

 

JIYONG’s POV

“He really knows how to throw a party.” Seunghyun said as we entered the club. The people inside were in their best party attire, holding their drinks, and dancing their bodies to the loud music. No wonder he is known in the film world, actors and actresses get to enjoy the night life because of him.

I rest my hands in Dara’s waist while we find our way to the man responsible for all this.

“Shout out to my favorite couple right there.” Someone shouted on the microphone. Suddenly, I felt the spotlight on us along with the cheering of the crowd. When we looked around, the man we were looking for is right there on the DJ booth, partying very hard.

“Sometimes, I don’t understand why you became friends with him.” Seunghyun commented again. Dara and I just laughed, we never thought that he will end up like this too, but truly his craziness is our source of enjoyment. After settling ourselves on one of the tables and getting some drinks, Seunghyun excused himself so he could mingle with his acquaintances present here.

“Babe, let’s dance.” Dara suggested, pulling me towards the center of the dance floor. She wrapped her hands behind my neck while I s mine on her waist. Our bodies started moving in sync along with the beat of the music playing.

 

 

 

 

In the middle of the crowd, enjoying their time, dancing and partying, a certain couple started grabbing the attention of everyone – their attractive looks, their y stares, and their sensual moves. People around were sure those two are not from their field, not an actor, not an actress, nor models. They thought they could only see such sight in movies they were doing but seeing it in reality, they couldn’t help but envy.

The couple was lost in their own world. No one could deny it. The stares and cheers of people around remained unknown to Jiyong and Dara.

Seungri, being able to see everything on where he was standing, was also staring at the couple who has already gained the attention of his guests. He chuckled to himself, realizing that it has always been like this. His hyung and noona will never fail to shut everything whenever they’re together. He wouldn’t mind watching them every single time, it’s his favorite movie after all.

“Hyung, let’s get some drinks.” Seungri interrupted the couple after he went down to them. Dara smiled at Jiyong assuring him she will be fine by herself.

Left alone, Dara started chatting with those around her.

While waiting for the bartender to serve their drinks, Jiyong scanned his eyes on the dance floor. The crowd were getting more and more excited as the night deepens. Jiyong creased his forehead when he couldn’t find his girl. Different thoughts started flocking on his mind. Though these people were Seungri’s friends, he cannot remove the thought that something bad might happen to his girlfriend. He’s very protective when it comes to Dara, no doubt at that.

“Chill hyung. Noona must be making some friends.” Seungri assured him, seeing his hyung’s worried look. Jiyong could not take the unsettledness he was feeling, and decided to leave Seungri behind. He dashed towards the crowd, hoping he could easily find Dara.

Dara, on the other hand, has already left the dance floor, and was resting on the other side. “Unnie, you’re the one who’s dancing with your boyfriend a while ago, right?” Dara nodded shyly. “I just saw him before I arrived here. He looks very worried, like searching for something.” The girl informed her. Dara looked at the center, and there she saw an anxious Jiyong roaming around the area, carefully pushing some of the bodies that blocked his way. She immediately went towards him, wanting to find out what’s wrong.

“Jiyong!”

The man searched for her as soon as he heard her voice. When he saw her smiling at him, he finally felt relaxed.

“Are you okay?” Dara asked as she went near him. Jiyong just nodded while embracing her, kissing her forehead after. Surely, Dara could always make him insane.

 

 

“Goodnight.” Jiyong mumbled after kissing Dara, surrendering himself to sleep. They were both tired from the party, but Dara was still too far from being sleepy. A smile automatically formed in her lips when she recalled the dance they shared a while ago. “Aigooo, is our dance too y?” She thought to herself. The people, whom she met, all talked about it. It made her embarrassed, remembering that almost everyone there was from the entertainment industry.

She was still spazzing when something on the bedside table caught her attention. It was the old blue notebook. She slowly removed Jiyong’s hand resting on her so she could reach it.

Upon opening, brown pages welcomed her, added to that is an exquisite handwriting. It was a diary she concluded upon seeing the dates written. She pondered who the owner could be, seeing it in their house’s attic.

“No way it could be mom’s.” She told herself. Her mother never said anything about having a diary, it’s also not her handwriting, and definitely her mother is not yet alive in the written year.

 

     January 21, 1910

Our hands were intertwined as we find our way in the midst of singing and dancing happening in the streets. We always celebrate our town’s festival together but today it was different. We’re now a couple. I was very excited when all of a sudden, I lost my grip from your hand, as someone grabbed my other hand and started swirling me around. I was having fun with them but when I turned to look at you, you were clearly in your own world of madness, shoving everyone till you find me. And when you did, you immediately engulfed me with your strong arms. After that your hold onto me is tighter. Can I really have that effect on you? I wonder what you will do if I was really lost. But I’m certain that won’t happen. Your grip onto me is so strong, I can’t imagine my life not feeling it.

 

Dara was absorbed reading it, imagining all the details being described.

After reading the first entry, Dara felt something weird inside her.

Why does it feel like she knows that exact scene? Like it was a déjà vu.

“They were having fun. The madness. The moment she was engulfed with strong arms.” Those words kept on repeating in her mind. It was the scene she had moments ago with Jiyong, not exactly but still the same.

They were enjoying Seungri’s party. Jiyong left her for a while but when he couldn’t find his woman, he started to panic. Dara saw his anxious face. And when he saw her, he quickly hugged her like she has been snatched away from him.

“Weird.” She released a small laugh.

“Babe, let’s sleep.” The man hugging her mumbled, closing the diary she was holding with his free hand. Soon, she joined him to dreamland.