006: The news

Forbidden Desire: Exo Short Stories & One Shots Collections.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hearing what Jongin had just said to him regarding his missing sister, Baekhyun became heartbroken. He found it difficult that someone would actually do something so wicked to a mother and a child by separating them.

 

"I'm so sorry Jongin, I know what you're going through." It was all Baekhyun could say even though he knows that his words will amount to nothing but pain.

The latter only smiled. He was hurt, he has always been hurt ever since the day his little sister got kidnapped, so no words can really make him feel happy or change his mood.

 

"Thank you Baekhyun, but let put that aside for now and see to it that Alice is okay."

"You're right." Baekhyun bit his bottom lips as he tries to think over the issue. Sure Jongin is his friend, but the idea of accepting a huge house from him is something he can't accept. At least he has to make sure that Alice is safe, but not by accepting favors from his friend.

 

"Umm Jongin I know you want Alice and I to be happy, but I just can't accept your offer. I mean I want the same thing for Alice as well, but I want to do it all for her myself. I hope you understand what I'm saying?" Baekhyun tried his best to explain everything to his best friend, and luckily Jongin understood perfectly well.

 

"I understand you Baekhyun, and I'm okay with it. I wish you and Alice all the best." Jongin tapped Baekhyun's back before walking away.

Baekhyun stood at the entrance of the room Alice was in. He leaned his back against the door thinking about everything going on in his life and that of his parents. Surely he can't keep Alice away from his parents and hide her. He wants to clear everything to his parents once and for all. Besides, he's not a coward and not planning to be one. Nodding his head, Baekhyun stepped away from the door and went back inside to meet his dearly beloved.

 

"Baekhyun!" Alice called with a happy smile plastered on her lips. Excited about seeing Baekhyun.

Baekhyun smiled and sat beside his closer. He gently moved the hair covering her eyes backward and caressed her hair. "How are you feeling?" The man asked gently.

"I'm not hungry anymore, so I'm okay," Alice replied before holding my right hand. I knew that she wants to ask me something regarding the island so I just kept still and let her speak.

 

"When are we going back to the island?" She asked while looking directly into Baekhyun's eyes. He couldn't look away either can he lie to her either so he just has to say the truth.

"We're not going back to the island, we will be staying here with my parents in the house I brought for them," Baekhyun explained it all and Alice only bit her bottom lips, and this only indicates that she's thinking about something.

 

"What are parents? And what's a house?" She asked with a whole new confused expression written all over her face. Baekhyun was moved to be her baby naturally and he made a promise that he will never let her no any pain or sorrow.

 

 

Baekhyun had finished explaining everything to Alice. He also got her discharged from the hospital and had already made up his mind to clear up things regarding this arranged marriage. He wasn't going to be scared anymore, rather he's going to man up for the sake of his soon to be a wife, Alice.

 

"Baekhyun where are we going to now?" Alice, he had just gotten up from the hospital bed asked.

"I'm taking you to our mansion. The one I built with my money."

"Will I see your parents there?"

"Of course. You will see then all there so don't worry about a thing, okay?"

"Okay." She nodded and tried to move on her feet,  but she fell back to the bed, making a little whine due to the pain she felt below her feet.

 

Before she could say a word, Baekhyun carried her bridal style from the hospital room straight to his car outside the hospital garage. He unlocks the car doors with its keys and pulled open the front door to sit Alice down inside, but she held tight onto Baekhyun's shirt, not letting go.

 

"Relax," Baekhyun said in a calm tone, trying to get her to relax, but she kept shaking her head, refusing to listen to what Baekhyun's is saying. Baekhyun noticed the fear in her eyes and the way her body was shaking, so he sat her down to the car and caressed her hair.

 

"Alice please can down. It's just a car and it won't hurt you at all."

"No, it will. It killed that beautiful female in front of me." She said and now she was crying. This wasn't good. Baekhyun was shocked to his bones when she said it killed someone and it got him thinking seriously.

 

"Who did it kill? Please tell me." 

"It kills a female from the movie was watched in the forest with your laptop. The car is so bad." She stepped down and tried to run, but due to her hurting feet, she wasn't able and Baekhyun was a bit grateful for them because she's so swift on her feet. She runs like a speedster.

 

"My love please calm down and listen to me." Baekhyun tried his possible best to sound as calm as ever and luckily it worked. She held onto him tightly still whimpering softly.

"Listen to me shining star. That scene you saw was just an act. Cars are not dangerous, but it's only dangerous if someone that can't drive tries to drive on their own. Cars are a means of transportation, it helps us gets to our destination on time, so it's not harmful or dangerous okay?"

 

"Okay." Alice nodded and let Baekhyun help her into the car without any more argument. While Baekhyun, on the other hand, was quite shocked by the fact that Alice always listens to him and obeys him as if he's a god. Well, what more can he do? Baekhyun only smiled and shook his head before starting the engine.

 

Once the car took off, Alice gripped so tight to her legs, almost crying while looking at Baekhyun. She was scared, but when Baekhyun shook his head, letting her know that she's safe with him, she nodded like a child and finally sat properly and relaxed back against the soft seat. 

Being over curious about her surroundings, Alice placed both her hands against the winded up glasses of the car while looking at the other car and passersby. It was really a thing of a shock to her and also a thing of joy because she would always wait and have a look at her own body or that of Baekhyun's while smiling like a little child.

 

"Baekhyun there are many males and females in this place more than in the forest. It just as if I'm watching a movie."

"You're right shining star. This is the city of Seoul. A place where you actually belongs and all these people walking around are just like you and me." 

"I like it here, but Jongin said that the world is a wicked place, and he said I should always stay by your side all the time." Alice pouts cutely while looking at Baekhyun. "I don't know why the beautiful place is wicked."

 

Of course what Jongin said is correct because his parents happen to fall under that same category of the heartless self-centered and selfish people in the society. Those that encourage corruption and wickedness.

The man only shook his head as a means of snapping out of his own thoughts. He looked at the still sad Alice and for a reason, he felt bad. She's just so pure and new to all these things. How on earth did she even ended up in the forest?

 

"Alice dear you need to know that is not everyone in this world that is wicked. There are still good people in it as well just like Jongin and his wife Irene. They are good people, but also know that the bad ones are more than the goods ones. So if you happen to find yourself with any bad person, became the main actor in that movie you watched with me in the forest and deal with them okay?"

"Okay. I will show then that I'm the actor." Alice nods her head firmly.

 

That's all Baekhyun wanted and he got it. He wants her to be able to protect herself with or without him around. Baekhyun smiled over his idea and he drove off knowing that he will never leave her alone all by herself.

 

 

Jongin's mood was back to sadness once again as he stepped into his parent's house and was welcomed by the usuals. He thought he should pay them a visit after hearing about his mother's illness. Well, that's how it has been ever since the day she lost her child. She can't even focus on what's going on around her despite the fact that her husband is the Governor of Seoul city.

 

"Mom," Jongin called in a low tone so he won't scare her. "Why are you still suffering yourself? Do you want to end your life?" His voice was low and at the same time quivering. It was a bit funny to him how he wanted to help his mother out of her sad state and then he ended up crying also.

 

"." The man hissed. He wasn't supposed to cry but on seeing his beloved mother in such state threw him off balance. He reached for his mother's hands and caressed it. "Mom please stop crying. I know what's you're going through and I can also feel your pain. I know it's hard for you to 5o to forget the picture I'd come back to an empty room with no sign of your baby around, but please you have to move on mom. Life is not yet over."

 

"It is my son. My life is over." 

"No, it's not. You have to be strong. Don't let sorrow ruin your life." Jongin tried to explain to his mother and made her see reasons and in the end, she nodded. 

"I will try, but I miss my baby Alice so much. I wish I never left her all alone in her room that very day. I miss you so much my Alice." She muttered the word before wiping the tears off Jongin's face.

It was hard for her, but she still has to let go of the heavy pain and embrace the child she can see.

 

"What about your friend Baekhyun, when is he coming back from his adventure? You know his in-laws to be are quite angry." She asked just to change the topic and moreover, she loves Baekhyun s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter