...because it pains me to see you hurt.

The Strangers Were Once Lovers

I turned around and ran to one of the nurses.

"I need to see Doctor Fin now...Please..."I pleaded.


Jun Hyung,Yoseob and I sat inside Dr Fin's office.I kept my face buried in my hands.Please don't let my wild imaginations come true.Please...

"This is weird."Dr Fin held up the X-ray image."He did suffer a concussion and  that causes the mild trauma.Yes,as you have witnessed that he did not remember anything about the accident and he may forgot some events but...to completely forget one person only...it's rare." He turned to me. "You must have given him so much memories.He may have forgotten you and also all the events that both of you went through together..."

I gulped,my eyes fixed.Tears started to form as I shifted my gaze to the floor.Jun Hyung brought me closer to him.

"You m-mean...not even one piece of m-memory...he spent with her?"Jun Hyung stuttered the words out.

"You may want to give him some time to recuperate and maybe share about the times both of you had spent together.However,I strongly urge you to not force him if he cannot remember because it will cause excessive pain to him."Dr Fin enunciated every word clearly.

My tongue was pinned by the weight of the question that,a moment later.Yoseob forced out of his own throat."You mean...it's as good as they're strangers once again?"

Dr Fin nodded his head slowly.


I sat on the plastic chair outside Doo Joon's ward,with a paper cup of warm coffee in my hands.With every minute that passed by,it gets more and more difficult to deceive myself into believing that Dr Fin made a mistake.I wanted to shake him so bad  and tell him that Doo Joon only had me.How can I be the only one that he has forgotten?I have only known him for a few years but if you took every memory,every moment,if you strerched them end to end-they'd reach forever.

I tossed  the empty paper cup into the rubbish bin opposite me..My fuzzy mind is in a whirl now.I buried my face in my hands and sorted out my thoughts.

"Jangmi-ah."It is only when Jun Hyung's hand fell onto my shoulder that I realize how hard I was shaking. "Are you okay?"He sat beside me.

"Am I okay?"   Tears slided once again.   I don't know Jun Hyung because all of this doesn't make sen-"

He wraps me in his arms and rubbed my back slowly "Ssshhhh."

He told me that everything was going to be all right....and for the first time in my life,I do not believe him.

 



Author's note:

-If some of you may have realised,I used some quotes from "My sister's keeper' by Jodi Picoult (It's a realy touching book,I encourage you to read it!).Hence,I do not own some of the quotes here. :)

-I felt like a doctor while writing this chapter(LOL!).I'm not a professional nor a medical student ( yet!^^).Hence,if there are any wrong terms or etc,I apologise>.<