Just because you know someone would wait for you forever doesn't mean you can let them wait that long.

The Strangers Were Once Lovers

Doo Joon

I stood up abruptly,my stare still pinned on them.

"Oppa,what's wrong?"Hana stared at me,bewildered.

Jangmi drank from the glass and continued laughing to whatever crap that jerk was saying.Damn it.

At that moment,I saw Yoseob and Jun Hyung at another table.I fished out my cellphone and called Yoseob.He picked it up within 2 rings.

"Doo Joon,where are you?You're missing out a lot!The girls here are-"

"Yoseob,turn around,at the corner."I waved my hand when he turned around."Come here."

"Yah,that punk is here!"Yoseob tapped Jun Hyung's shoulder and pointed to me.

"Are your friends coming over?"Hana pouted and grabbed her drink in annoyance.

"Yah,we thought you turned gay after the incident."Yoseob laughed along to Jun Hyung's joke.

My mind was too preoccupied to even laugh.I pulled Yoseob and whispered to his ear.

"But..."I stared at him with pleading eyes."Just this once."He moved past me and sat with Hana.

"Why are you here?Doo Joon oppa,sit here with me!"Hana pushed Yoseob away from her.

"Yah!"Yoseob shouted,his face in disbelief.

"Jun Hyung,I need your help."He looked at me,expressionless.I looked over to Jangmi's table.

"Why?Which girl do you wanna make a move on?"He smirked and chuckled.

"I'm not joking.Someone spiked Jangmi's drink.She's over there."I pointed over to Jangmi.His face suddenly cramped up.

"Who?!That bastard, I'm going to-"He took a step forward but I stopped him.

"Let's not create a scene.If they find out,we're gonna get in trouble for being underage."

Jun Hyung stared at me,nodding."How?"

I whispered in his ear.

----------------------------------------------------------

Jangmi

This guy is not only cute,he's hilarious too.This makes him charming.It was half past eleven but the night seems young.Music was pounding loudly through the speakers but all I could hear was Simon's voice .It seems as though Doo Joon was in front of me.I can't seem to forget him,can't I?My vision was starting to fade slowly.Am I drunk?

"Jangmi,are you okay?"I felt a cold hand on my bare thigh.

"Yeah."I smiled and nodded,pushing his hand away lightly.

"Are you sure you're okay?"I jerked forward as his rough hand slided up my inner thigh.

Someone suddenly tripped over and splashed coke over Simon.

"!"Simon abruptly stood up and pulled his shirt away from his body.

"Omo!I'm sorry!"

Is that...Doo Joon?My sight was becoming more blurry.That's impossible,he said he's not coming.

Suddenly,someone's hand covered my mouth and pulled me away from my seat.My body was too weak to even resist.

The last thing I saw was Simon throwing a punch to  Doo Joon before I completely out.

Jun Hyung

I hope that bastard chokes on a fishball and dies.I held Jangmi's limp body and dragged her out of the back door of the club.

"Yah,you need to lose some weight."I said although I knew that she has out.I settled her down on the pavement and fished out my handphone.Before I could even dial Doo Joon's number,he came out sneakily out of the back door.

"Quickly,give her to me,I'll send her home."Doo Joon held Jangmi's shoulder to lift her up when I came back to my senses.

"It's okay,I'll send her.You take Hana home."

"You run slower,let me."Doo Joon took her away from me.This jerk..Did he remember something?

My phone rang.Mirae?

I hesitated but answered anyway.

"Are you Jun Hyung?Mirae's drunk and she's making a nuisance.Can you come down?"an unfamiliar voice spoke.

Aish,what's that girl up to?

"Mirae's drunk."I looked at Jangmi's weak body and spoke hesitantly."Take her home safely,I'll call later."I passed Jangmi's clutch to Doo Joon and hailed a cab. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Doo Joon

Imagine if I didn't come...No one would have known that Jangmi's drink has been spiked.She could have been for all we know.I fished out my phone and began texting Yoseob.

 

You saw what happened just now.Send Hana home please?

-Doo Joon

 

As I looked at her sleeping face,I realised how pure she looked-just like a little girl.Her cheeks were flushed crimson,just like her name,she's a rose.I scoffed at how cheesy I sounded.Luckily,she said that her parents had to work overnight.This would mean that her parents won't have to see their daughter in this state.

 

I saw.Luckily Hana went to the toilet or she won't stop complaining.You owe me a huge favour Mr Yoon.

-Yoseob

 

When we have reached her place,I paid the cab ahjussi and piggybacked her to her house.Taking the key from  her purse,I opened the door and went straight to her room.I gently set her onto her bed and a wave of relief washed over me.She needs to lose some weight.

Should I change her out of her dress?I looked at her scantily-clad body and involuntarily gulped.Okay,maybe not.Her makeup...I looked through her dressing table and saw a bottle labeled 'Makeup Remover'.I think I should use this.I took tissue paper and applied a generous amount and then slowly swiped it all over her face.When all the makeup was gone ,a little smile tugged at the corners of my mouth.She looks way better without this thing.I grabbed a face towel from her bathroom ,and filled a huge bowl I got from the kitchen with water.I wiped her face and arms with the towel.

I stopped cleaning her up and went to the kitchen to get a drink.Today was a really tiring day for me.I went back to her room and sat at the comfy chair as I turned to Jangmi's direction.She has kicked the blanket away from her.A chuckle escaped my lips.Why did I go through all this trouble for you?As I thought back,I didn't even think twice when I punched that jerk in his face.The reflection in Jangmi's mirror showed my bruised cheek and a swell at the corner of my lips.I winced in pain when I the swollen part as it stung badly.I rested back on the chair and continued looking at Jangmi.My lips involuntarily curled into a smile.Something shiny at her table caught the corner of my eyes.It's her locket-the same one that I saw the other day.My hands grabbed the necklace and I scrutinised the design of the locket.She's got great taste,it's really pretty.I felt an engravement at the back so I turned the locket around.My eyes squinted in the low-litted room as I stared at it.I didn't know whether I was unable to read the words or whether I couldn't believe my eyes.I took ot the dog tag under my tee shirt and swiped my thumb over the same engraved letters.

DJ

Wasn't it my initials?Doo Joon?If it is my initials,then why does Jangmi have a locket with my initials?Or is it not my name...Then what can it be?My breathing hitched as I thought of something ridiculous-our initials together.D for my name and J for hers.I pushed that absurd thought away and pushed a little button at the side to open the locket.I drew in my breath.For a moment,I can't move,I can't breathe.My eyes were transfixed to the two pictures that were slotted in the locket.Although her bedside lamp was dim,I could clearly see our pictures.I tried to think.My head hurt.I felt as if the walls were caving in closer.Unable to breathe,I went out of her room and sat in the living room.Then I remembered something.

I once had a flashback about a girl with a locket.

 

 

 

 

 

 

****************************************************************

 

The little flasback is at chapter 9!

 

**********************************