...because nothing can tear us apart.

The Strangers Were Once Lovers
PART ONE
2012

The hallway was buzzing with students.I squeezed my way through the thronging hallway and went to my locker.Just when I was about to close my locker door,someone placed his arm around my shoulders.Thinking that it was Doo Joon,my eyes litted up.However,as soon as I turned around,I heaved a sigh.

"What do you want?"I turned around and shut my locker door.

"Do you wanna hang out today?"Kikwang asked in a sing-song voice.

"No.Go find another girl."I shrugged his arm away from my shoulders but it was too strong.

"Please?I'll buy you your favourite ice cream and we'll-Owww,oww, Ouchh!"

I turned around and saw Jun Hyung twisting Kikwang's arm backwards.

"Don't touch her.You can go out with anyone except for my Jangmi.You understand?"I chuckled at their sight.

"Oww,okok,I won't touch her.Then.. can I go out with Mirae?"Jun Hyung twisted his arm even more. "OUCHH,OWW,OWWW.OKAYOKAY.I was kidding ,you Joker!" I laughed at their childishness.

I looked around to see if Doo Joon is anywhere in sight but he was not.Where did he go?He went out of the class as soon as the last bell went off without even saying goodbye to me.Where was he rushing to?My phone beeped.

 

Hey love,I needed to rush somewhere.Sorry for leaving without saying goodbye!

I'll promise to spend time with you tomorrow!Mianhe... 

Love you ^^

 

-Doo Joon

 

 

"Let's hang out together!Mirae is off for her dance practice.Jangmi,you wanna come along?"Jun Hyung gave a look at Kikwang and continued,"I WILL buy for you your favourite ice cream.Call?"

I smiled at them and rejected politely.I wasn't feeling too well.The weather has been freezing lately and I've caught a minor flu.Feeling terrible,I started heading home.


9th January 2012

7:38PM

Dear diary,

Where are my parents and Doo Joon when I need them in times like these?*Sighhhhhhhhh.*

My parents need to take care of some business in Japan and I don't know for how long.I think a fever is coming up:(

My head feels awful and I've got no appetite at all.Doo Joon's been acting weird these days.He's always tired in school and he always has to rush somewhere after class ends everyday.He also won't tell me where he has been going...Ahhh,I don't know and I shall respect his privacy.My headache's  becoming worse.

Last night,I had a weird dream that Doo Joon got into an accident.Scared me...

 

Sick,

Rose


The constant ringing doorbell woke me up from my sleep.My head spinned.Omo,I'm feeling groggy and dizzy.I scrutinised the digital clock on my bedside table.

08:25PM

Who is at the door?My parents are in Japan now.I dragged my feet to the front door.A familiar figure stood outside.Doo Joon? I opened the door and was attacked by his hug.

"I miss you,Jangmi-ah..."

I just nodded my head.As much as I wanted to reply,I couldn't answer him.Every word I say will aggravate the headache.Doo Joon broke the hug.

"Your body's very warm.Why aren't you talking?Are you mad at me for leaving just now?Whoa,your eyes are so red!You were sleeping?Are you sick?"He placed the back of his hand on my forehead."Omo!Jangmi-ah,you're running a fever!"

I placed a finger on my lips.Every word I hear seems to be very loud and it irritates me.

"Have you eaten painkillers?"

I shook my head.

"Aishh.I guess you have not eaten dinner?"

I nodded."Not hungry."I managed to say.

"But you need to eat before taking medicine...I bought for you your favourite cold noodles but I guess you have to eat my chicken soup instead.I threw my head back.

"No appetite."I dragged my feet to the sofa.

"Gok Jangmi!You need to eat something!Do you want to get gastric like last year?!"

"Stop shouting!"I covered my ears."Aigoo,you are worse than my alarm clock.I'll eat okay?"He gave a low chuckle and fed me the chicken soup.

 

Doo Joon stayed over and slept beside me.He woke up every hour to change the towel on my forehead.Luckily,it is a weekend tomorrow or we'll have trouble waking up for school.

That night,I dreamt that Doo Joon and I were chased by a murderer and it ended up with the murderer brutally killing Doo Joon.I was crying and living in fear.I was afraid that the murderer would come after me...

When I woke up the next morning,the headache disappeared and the fever was subsiding.I smiled when I saw him next to me.What a terrible dream.I inched closer to him and hugged him tight.I breathed in hard and smiled wider when I smelt the perfume I gifted him.He woke up from sleep and turned to me.

"Are you feeling better?" His croaky voice made me giggle.

I nodded and hugged him tighter."Thank you."

He smiled and kissed my temple,"Anything for you."

I realised that he has been there for me whenever I needed him.I didn't tell him I was sick but it was as though we shared telepathy.My fever could have gotten worse if not for his care.Oh my,don't pull me out of this wonderful pit.I've fallen too deep into it...