It's hard to forget someone who gave you so much to remember.

The Strangers Were Once Lovers

Jun Hyung

"Jun Hyung?"It was the same unfamiliar voice over the phone.

I turned around and saw Mirae leaning heavily against an unfamiliar girl.I nodded and came closer to them.

"Annyeong,I'm Daeyeon, Mirae's close friend from Guam Girls' High School."Guam Girls' High School?That's her school before she transferred in to Jujin High."Mirae's weird .She asked me out today but didn't talk to me .Then suddenly she cried and I couldn't stop her.Then she started to call out your name and continued to cry.Did anything happen?"She passed Mirae to me."Her mother would kill her if she comes back drunk.So I called you."

I looked at Mirae's face for awhile and shook my head."Nothing happened.Thank you."

"It's nothing,don't worry.I've already called her mother to say that she's spending the night at my house but my cousin just came back from her overseas studies so...we're all like sardines in a tin.My house isn't that big."She chuckled.

I smiled out of politeness."Then,I'll take her to my house."

"No funny business!Annyeong!"She waved enthusiastically and left.

I sighed and slouched my shoulders.My mother went to visit my grandparents in Busan so no one was at home.I guess I'll have to take her home.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Don't lie."I stared at her.

"Goodness!I'm not lying!"Mirae banged the table and stood up,her face showed a mixture of emotions."Why do you accuse me of going out with him?Just because he's my dance partner, I can't hang out with him?Don't be ridiculous Yong Jun Hyung!"She folded her arms.Her body was glowing wih anger.

"Ridiculous?"I nodded my head and looked away."So if I saw my girlfriend getting close with another guy and hugging in public,I can't get angry?"

"Since whe-"

"If my girlfriend sends hundreds of text messages and even have late night calls with another guy behind my back,I can't be ridiculous?Who's being ridiculous now?"My breathing became more short and rapid.It was as if steam was coming out of my ears.

"You checked my phone."Her face hardened.

It wasn't a question,so I didn't reply.Her facial muscle ticced.

"So you don't trust me."She nodded her head.

Again,it wasn't a question.

It wasn't a matter of trust.It was something that I saw with my own eyes.How can I not believe what I saw?But it was difficult to believe because she is not this kind of easy lady.

"Fine...I'm going out with him.Happy?"She took her backpack and stormed out of the cafeteria.

that jerk.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

I wiped her face with a wet towel and brushed her teeth with a new toothbrush.When I was done,I laid down beside her on my single bed.I rested my head on my inner arm and scrutinised her face.This was the first time we were this close.We have never kissed before.It wasn't her,I was afraid because then,it will be my first kiss.If only things didn't turned out this way,I would kiss her right now.When my gaze shifted to her eyes,they open.I almost screamed but I remained my composure.We stayed like that for what seemed like eternity when a tear started to trickle down her nose.

"He's having problems with his girlfriend.It's not what you think."Her words were so soft.I stayed quiet while still gazing into her wet eyes.I wanted to hear more but she stopped talking too.Tears kept running down her nose and temples.I didn't know why but I felt my eyes prick.There were only two women that I will ever cry infront of.One is my mother and another is Jangmi.I think I'll be adding one more name to the list.

"I love you.I will never do that to you."She put her hand on my cheek and gently wiped the tear that trickled down my face.I felt like a statue,like an ice.I didn't know how to feel nor do I have the words to reply  her.Somehow,I believe her words.I trust her.

Her fingers felt so delicate on my skin.She brushed her thumb on my lips and shifted her gaze there.It was as if my breathing stopped and the room spun around but everything was moving in a slow motion when Mirae came closer to me and pecked lightly on my lips.

"I'm sorry."She leant in again and her lips caught my whole lips.I didn't move nor breathe.I didn't know what to do.My eyes slowly closed as my left hand automatically went up to her cheek.Slowly,I returned the kiss.The ice inside me was slowly melting.

My first kiss.

 


Jangmi

The alarm clock rang continously.Irritated,I smacked my hand on the snooze button.Ahh,bliss.

Just as I was about to drift to dreamland again,another alarm clock rang.My eyelids flew open.Suddenly,I realised that it was a school day.I groaned inwardly and sat up,frustrated.My head hurts badly.What happened yesterday?I must have been drunk.Aishh,Jun Hyung must be mad because he had to bring me home.I took a cold shower to wake my senses and then got dresses to go to school.

----------------------------------------------------

"Good morning!"I sat down on my chair and placed my bag on the floor.

Doo Joon did not reply.Perhaps he is still angry about yesterday.I ignored him and looked around the classroom to find Jun Hyung.Moments later,he came in,hand-in-hand with Mirae.My eyes widened.Am I dreaming?

Doo Joon was wearing the couple watch today.My right hand quickly covered my left wrist.With the minimal move,I removed my watch.If he saw my watch,he's going to comment on how similar his one looked .I can't afford to answer him then."Oh,it's a coincidence that we have the same taste."Yeah,same brand,same model,same colour.We are insanely fated.

"Jangmi,are you okay?Sorry,he had to send you home yesterday because something happened to Mirae."Jun Hyung approached my table.

My eyes rounded.Wait,who sent me home?It wasn't Jun Hyung?I looked at Doo Joon and back to Jun Hyung,bewildered."Y-you sent me home yesterday?"I gulped uncomfortably.

"Yah,you didn't know?I thought you knew.Don't tell me you forgot what happened at the club yesterday."

Something happened?What happened?

"Doo Joon!"Yoseob came closer to our table."You shouldn't have brought Hana to the club yesterday.She was so drunk that she begged me to bring her home.Luckily my mother didn't find out."Yoseob smacked Doo Joon's head lightly.

My mind felt like a tangled piece of earpiece.In the midst of my confusion,Doo Joon stood up and excused himself to the washroom.

Yoseob,Jun Hyung and Mirae had question marks on their faces.

"What's wrong with him?"Yoseob pointed to him."Did something happened last night?"

"I should be the one asking that.What happened yesterday?"I tried to calm myself down.

"Oh,you didn't remember?Some jerk spiked your drink so Doo Joon pretended to spill coke over that bastard.Aishh,that thought makes me angry."Jun Hyung cracked his knuckles.

"He went to the club yesterday?"I tried to sort things out in my mind.

"Yeah.He came with Hana because apparently she wanted to follow but then left the club with you."Yoseob made a face.

"So...he sent me home?"My lips trembled.What if he saw the pictures in the photo album?What if he saw the locket?Or my watch that was on my dressing table?I panicked and rushed out of the class.

Was that why he wasn't talking to me?Did he see something?My mind went wild with countless imaginations.Suddenly I stopped in my tracks while panting lightly.A few metres infront  of me stood Yoon Doo Joon,the love of my life,till fate had to intervene.I tried to catch my breath.We were staring at each other amidst the thronging hallway.Did he found out?Was he angry?I had a million thoughts running through my mind.A little crease found a way on his forehead.His eyes didn't sparkle like how it used to do before the accident.He walked closer to me,his steps heavy.

"Why are you tearing up?"He swiped a thumb on my cheek,his lips curved into a small forced smile."Why are you here?Class is starting soon.Let's go."

Doo Joon

I swear I'm going crazy.

 

 

 

*****************************************************************

 

Hello readers!

I'm liking this new group that I thought all of you can check out!

C-Clown!

C-Clown is short for 'Crown Clown' if I'm not wrong.

Usually,I wouldn't even care about these new groups but theirs song,Solo,is awesome!(Press the link,no,no virus!Pinky swear.)

Check it out!:)