Ask me how many times my heart has been broken and I will tell you to look in the night sky and count the stars.

The Strangers Were Once Lovers

Doo Joon

In between classes the next day,Jun Hyung walked towards my table and called out to Jangmi.

"Jangmi,are you free today?"I pretended not to hear and continued to look at my handphone screen."Kikwang wants me to bring you to Club Impulse today."

"Club?Aren't we too young to enter?"Jangmi raised an eyebrow.

"He said that they won't check.Just dress up like a grown up."

Jangmi stalled to think.

"You have no time to think,let's just go.I'll keep you away from that ert Kikwang,if that's what bothering you."Jun Hyung smirked and headed  to his seat.

"I..."She reached out her hand to rebut.

"I'm going!"Yoseob interrupted us."Doo Joon,come along!"

"No."I snapped.

"Your loss.You'll miss out on a lot."Yoseob shrugged.

"Oh,and another thing."Jun Hyung turned to us again."I heard the kingkas from nearby schools will be there tonight.You can have some fun too."Jun Hyung winked.

"You going to that club tonight?"I kept my handphone and faced her.

Jangmi

"Hmm,my parents will be working overnight and there's nothing much to do at home anyways."

"But it's Kikwang."He knitted his eyebrows.

"I've got no boyfriend.So I won't be cheating anyone."I joked.

"But it's dangerous!You'll be the only girl!"He started to raise his voice.

"So what?I'll just mingle with the boys there!Why are you raising your voice!?I'm 17 and you're not my boyfriend either! Why the hell do you even care?!"I shouted although he was just sitting next to me.The words just flew out from my mouth in rage.

By this time,the class turned quiet,Everyone's attention was towards us.

Doo Joon

I stared at her in the eyes with anger glowing around me like electricity.Her  words were like sharp pieces of broken glass piercing through my heart .They actually hurt,without a reason.

She's right.Why do I even care?

"Do what you want." I stood up abruptly and went to the washroom.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was ten at night and instead of sleeping,I was pacing to and fro my room.Why am I feeling anxious?I kept looking at my watch.Each second seems to be like hours.By this time,she has probably reached the club.I heard that that club is popular with kingkas from nearby schools.They always manage to escape from the police when there is a raid.I've never been there before but people say it is always 'happening'.Something kept itching at the back of my head.I cannot keep anxiety-provoking pictures and images out of my mind.

Should I go?

Or should I not?

Why am I so worried for her?

...but she's my best friend.Yes,my best friend.

So I have every right to be worried for her ,right?

I paused to think.

Okay,so...I'm just going there to look out for her as a best friend.

With that sound reasoning,I quickly topped my shirt with a cardigan and paired it with skinnies and red DocMartens boots.I grabbed my wallet and keys and went out of the house.My steps were huge and I was hurrying down the stairs when I bumped into someone.

"Owww!"

"Hana?" I helped her up."Sorry!I was rushing somewhere and I didn't see you."

"Oppa.Where are you going?It's already 10:30 at night."Her big eyes widened in confusion as she cleaned off  the dust off her dress.

"Ermm,somewhere.I need to go off now.I'll see you some other time.Annyeong!"I managed to pass her when she grabbed my arm.

"Oppa,where are you going?"She tilted her head.

It's impossible to lie to her."Club."

"What?! You're underage you know?You can't enter one!"Her eyes and mouth opened wide and her eyebrows raised.

"Shhh!Keep it down."I placed a finger on my lips."I know but I need to go."

"Then bring me along."She folded her arms."Or I'll tell my mother."

I stared at her in ridiculousness."But you are undera-" Wait,that doesn't make sense.I'm underage too."You're not dressed like a grown up.You can't go."

"I'll change.You wait here."She rushed off but turned halfway through."If you go first,I'll tell my mother."

UrghhhI glanced at my watch.It's a quarter to 11.Aishh!I rubbed my face in irritation.

In a few moments later,Hana came out of the house in a mini dress,short enough to show her mid-thighs."Do I look like a grown up now?"She grinned."Luckily,my mother's asleep,or I'm dead."

"Whatever.Pali!"I hurried down the stairs.

"Oppa,wait for me!Gosh,these heels.Oppa!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The club was pounding with loud music.I could feel my heartbeat beating to the rhythm of the techno song.Smoke filled my lungs as I breathed in the heavily polluted air.Ladies wearing skimpy clothings that barely cover their precious parts were all on the dance floor.Men surrounded them like a pack of wolves.I glanced through the low-litted place,searching for a familiar face.

Jangmi

Why haven't I discovered this place earlier?! Oh my goodness.There are alot of cute guys!When I say alot,I mean almost all of the guys here.I try to put away Doo Joon from my thoughts.My hand flew to my chest to feel the locket but it wasn't there.And then I remembered that I took it off.Inwardly,I sighed.I wanted to forget Doo Joon and this is the only way..Jun Hyung told me something while we were on our way here just now that awoke my senses.

 

Why are you still clinging on to him?Why are you still hopeful that he will remember everything and come back to you?Wake up,Jangmi.Look at the other boys.Maybe he isn't your soulmate.Maybe he was just an experiment.Remember Jangmi,there are alot of others who treat you better than how Doo Joon treats you now.One day,you might just realise that you lost the moon,while counting for the stars.And when that time comes,it might just be too late...

 

"Jangmi,I think he's checking you out."Jun Hyung leant in close and whispered in my ear.

I turned to my left and saw a cute guy looking at me.Scratch that.Staring at me.I gulped the lump in my throat and took a swig of the mocktail too fast, I coughed it out.

"You okay baby?"Kikwang took a tissue and hand it over to me.I felt my hair standing when he suddenly placed his hand on my thigh.

"Don't touch her bro.There are alot of other girls here."Jun Hyung swatted his hand for me.A sigh of relief escaped my lips.


I pulled my dress down as it  was riding up my thighs.Kikwang excused himself to the washroom,leaving Jun Hyung and I sitting alone.

"That guy has been looking at you since just now."

I looked up to him,surprised."Still?"

"Yeah."

"Oh my god,what if he talks to me?Should I talk to him?"I flustered.

Jun Hyung chuckled."Chill babe.Just play hard to get if he talks to you.It gets the game going."

I gave him a confused look."What game?And by the way,where's Mirae?You're always sticking to me these few days."

"I can't stick with my best friend?"

"No,it's not that.Is something wrong?"I shouted over the loud music.

"She's acting weird,I'll tell you later.For now,he's coming our way.Don't turn around.Stay calm."

I held my breath.Who's coming over?That cute guy?!?Oh my god.Breathe.

"Hi."I turned to the stranger.Cute stranger."Is this your first time here?"That stranger asked Jun Hyung.

"Not mine,but hers."Jun Hyung pointed to me.I smiled faintly.

"Oh,mind if I borrow her for awhile?Do you wanna...dance?"He looked over to the dancefloor.

Jun Hyung kicked my leg lightly under the table.

"I...don't know how to dance."I my lips.I was trembling with nervousness.Ironically,my heart shouted "YES!!"

"Not that difficult.I'll teach you.Let's go."He took my hand and lead me away.I looked back to Jun Hyung and gave him a surprised look.

When we reached the dancefloor,everyone was packed together like a tin of sardines.Boys were grinding their bodies to the almost- ladies.Everyone danced crazily.The couple next to us was dry-humping each other.This stranger who sensed my nerves,held me by the hips and came close to whisper in my ear.

"Don't be scared,I'm here.They won't dare come near you."His hot breath was against my skin,sending tingling sensations throughout my body."I'm Simon,what's your name?"

I smiled weakly."I'm Jangmi."

The music was too loud to even hear our own breathing.He put his ear closer to my lips."What is it?"

"Jangmi!"I tried to fight against the deafening music.

When he turned his head to face me,our faces were too close.I backed away a little but bumped into someone behind.

"Hey y."The young man whom I bumped into carresed his hand up my thighs.A scream escaped my lips.

"Don't touch her."Simon pulled me away from him.He then whispered to my ear."He's drunk,let's go somewhere else."I nodded as he held my hand and we squeezed through the sweaty people on the dancefloor.

"Are you okay?"He brought me back to our table.Jun Hyung was nowhere to be seen."I'll buy you a drink."Before I even protested,he stood up and went to the bartender.I skimmed the low-litted place looking for Jun Hyung but I could not spot him.Where's that pabo?

--------------------------------------------------------------

Doo Joon

Aisshh,where's that pabo?

"Oppa,are you finding someone here?"Hana grabbed onto my arm."My legs hurt,can we sit for awhile?"

I snarled inwardly.How annoying can this girl get?I gave in and found an empty table nearby.

"Oppa,can you get me Coke?"My jaws clenched and my teeth grinded.No,Hana.Get it yourself.

"Stay here."I stood up and went over to the bartender.While waiting for the drinks,I glanced around,hoping to spot any of my friends.The man beside me who looks in his early 20s tore a packet of white substance and poured it into one of the glasses.Pshh,good luck to the person who drinks that stuff.Your drink has been spiked.

I paid and went over to Hana with two glasses of overpriced coke.

"Thank you Oppa!"She took one glass and drank a gulp."You have not told me yet.Who are you looking for?"

I didn't answer her.Instead,I continued to look around.

"Oppa..."Hana grabbed my arm agaiin.I swear if she continues being like this,I'm going to lose my cool.

Finally I spotted Jangmi.A wave of relief washed over me.She was wearing a red...skimpy dress.Must you dress like that to look like a grown up?Pabo.It's a devils trap here.

She was covering ,laughing.Is Jun Hyung with her?I shifted a little to the side to catch a glimpse of the person beside her.It wasn't Jun Hyung.Eh,he looks familiar...Where have I seen-

My jaw dropped open.I felt an alarm ringing in my mind.My heart palpitated as I stared at the man .Isn't that the man who spiked the drink just now?



 

**********************************************************

Yeah,it's Simon from Dalmation ;)

**********************************************************