Prologue I: 2010

The Strangers Were Once Lovers

16th March 2010

Dear diary,

3:30PM

Oh my gawddd!I SWEAR I'M GONNA CHOKE MR KANG TO DEATH AND PUT HIS HEAD IN A BLENDER.He caught Jun Hyung and I talking while he was teaching and then changed Jun Hyung's seat.NOT FAIR!

WHAT'S WORSE IS THAT DOO JOON IS NOW SITTING NEXT TO ME...

Yoon Doo Joon...The most creepiest boy on this Earth.

Just... kill me now.

 

Love,

Rose


26th March 2010

Dear Diary,

6:28PM

Life has been tiring this past week.What the heck is wrong with him?! I can't communicate well with Doo Joon.It will always turn out into a  fight.He has this habit of tapping his pen on the table and I seriously find it irritating.I told him off a few times but he will tap the pen even faster and louder.Childish urgh.

Jun Hyung on the other hand looks as if he's  having fun sitting with that new transferred girl.More like flirting.Pshhh.KILL me now.

Mr Kang,I won't let you off easily.

 

Love,

Rose


1st April 2010

8:20PM

Dear diary,

I had my revenge.I killed Mr Kang.

I'm kidding.HAPPY APRIL FOOLS.Hehehe!^^ Mr Kang did not die but I'm sure he got a mini heart attack..Jun Hyung put thumbtacks on the teacher's chair.Guess what...Mr Kang yelped in pain when he sat down Hahahahahha!!!He got so mad when the whole class started to laugh that he stormed out of the class.He refused to teach till the culprit confessed. please,who's confessing? It doesn't stop there...

Dead,crushed snail with kimchi fried rice for lunch,anyone?*evil laughter*

Well...guess who helped us...Jun Hyung was so scared to pick up the dead snail from the school porch and he kept whining.Just then,Doo Joon passed by.Without a word,he knelt down and picked up the snail.He then asked who's lunch box are we putting it into.WHAT?!?HAHAHAHAH.I didn't know he's that cruel.Well...like Jun Hyung and I hehe :P

Guess he's not that bad after all.Hmmm...We'll just see.

 

Love,

Rose


13th June 2010

9:30AM

Dear diary,

Same old thing,my parents are overseas on a business trip...again.This time,it's to Ireland.Most teenagers my age would love it but I don't.I can't even remember when was the last time we had a family meal together-just my parents and I. I'm at the park near my house now where families spend their weekends together.Don't even talk about family meals,I don't even remember the last time I spoke to them.They would always leave money on the dining table with a piece of small paper with an 'I Love You ,muacks.' I don't think they mean it anymore...Maybe it has become a habit to leave that note.I kept all those notes in my drawer till they are piling in it.Everytime I call Jun Hyung to tell him about this,he would say that he understood how I felt...

And then I felt sorry for him...It must be hard not to have a father as a sole breadwinner.I feel for him.It's okay Jun Hyung-ah,this clumsy bestfriend of yours will always love you!!

 

Love,

Rose


29th July 2010

2:12PM

Dear diary,

I'm glad that Doo Joon and I can at least communicate these days.Although he replies with a 'hmm' or a short 'yes' or 'no',at least he's trying.He's cold like that.He thinks that he's cool.Pssh.

He called me annoying just now for asking too many questions.How can we complete our project work if we cannot communicate?I heard that the marks will be included in our Final Year grades.I cannot fail this assignment bacause of him.Seems like I need to persuade him to help me with the project.Stupid Yoon Doo Joon.Urghh.

It's okay,Gok Jangmi.You have to perservere to get the project work done.Hwaiting!

 

Love,

Rose


3rd September 2010

12:20AM

Dear diary,

I cannot believe what I'm doing just for Doo Joon to get him to do the project.After much persuading,he agreed to help me with our project but with conditions.If I knew his conditions would be this tiring,I could have just done the assignment myself.

 

..........................................................................................................................

"Yah,I'm having a football match this afternoon.Don't go home,run errands for me."Doo Joon zipped his backpack and stood up.

I stopped packing up,my jaw dropped open."But I'm going out with Jun Hy..."

"Remember our agreement."He pushed his chair in and smiled."4:30,Football field.Don't be late or our agreement's off."He turned around and strided out of the class.

"I...Yoon Doo Joon!"I screamed and kicked his chair. Just wait Yoon Doo Joon.I'm going to take revenge.

"Yah,get for me my water bottle!" Doo Joon shouted across the basketball court.I stood up from the bench and sighed."Hurry up!"I grabbed his plastic bottle and ran to him.

"Catch."I tossed it to him and walked back to the bench with my shoulders hung down. When can I go home?Jun Hyung must be angry that I caould not make it. Suddenly, something hit my face hard.I yelped in pain and crouched to the floor.The metallic smell of blood wafted into my nose.Soon,a crowd surrounded me.

"Hyung,it's your girl!"one tiny voice screamed out.Some were laughing and some just shook their heads,looking at my horrible state.

"Yah,are you okay?"Doo Joon squeezed his way through the crowd and squatted in front of me,looking all worried.

I stood up with Doo Joon's help and gathered the little energy I have left to push him away.

"Yoon Doo Joon,don't act like you are worried about me if you're just going to bully and make fun of me.I bought your lunch,did your homework and even woke up in the middle of the night to buy snacks for you."I wiped the blood that was oozing out of my nose with the back of my hand.Doo Joon looked at me in surprise.Everyone around us turned quiet. "If this is what it takes for you to help me with the project,I will tell Mrs Bae to switch partners.You can afford to fail,I can't.I'll call off our agreement.And you." I pointed to the boy who shouted for Doo Joon. "I'm not his girl."He just nodded timidly and lowered his gaze to the ground.I wiped the blood that was flowing profusely and walked away.

"Yah,I didn't mean to-"Doo Joon grabbed my arm.I turned around too fast that he stopped talking because we were faced too close.

"One more thing."I spoke up."I have a name if you do not know by now.It's Jangmi.Gok Jangmi.Stop calling me 'Yah'. "


 

16th Septemberr 2010

5:43PM

Dear diary,

 

Things have turned out awkward eversince that incident.Mrs Bae did not allow us to change partners because the deadline was drawing near.Doo Joon was reprimanded by Mrs Bae.Serves him right.Now,he will be the one asking how the project is coming along.He even initiated that we stayed back after school to do the assignment.

.......................................................................................

Doo Joon

"I'll do a research on the history of the periodic table.You'll just vet the whole project and see what else is missing."I handed the whole stack of research papers to Jangmi.

She nodded her head and started to gather her things.

"Ermm..." Damn,how do I ask her about the incident? "Are you okay?"I pointed to her nose .

She stared at me,pokerface,and then shifted her gaze back to her things.Damn,she's still mad.

"Look,I didn't mean to bully or make fun of you.I just..."I tried to find the right words to explain myself.

"E-mail  me your research by tonight."She stood up and walked away.

I exhaled,my shoulders hung down.I thought it would be fun playing around with her,seeing her getting mad. I think I brought it too far.Pabo Doo Joon ,tsk.

.....................................................................................................................

Is it just me,or is Doo Joon acting strange nowadays?Just now in class,I forgot to bring my Physics textbook and when he saw me panicking,he slided his textbook to my table and stood up .I was too shocked to even push the book back.He got punished by Mrs Bae as a result.I asked him why he did that after the lesson finished but he just shrugged his shoulders and walked off. Jun Hyung teased me when I told him about it.He said  that maybe Doo Joon likes me...

What? Impossible. He hates me.

Love,

Rose

........................................................................................

Jangmi

"I guess we're equal now?"Doo Joon pulled out his chair to sit after being nagged at by Mrs Bae.

I looked at him and gulped hard."I...I didn't tell you to do that."I flustered and  quickly flip through my Mathematics textbook."Thank you."

He turned to me and smiled."And I'm sorry about that day."

"You're still not forgiven.It hurts so much okay!"I rubbed my nose.

He pouted cutely."I'll buy you ice cream?"Oh my god,he's pouting!Aigoo...

I can't help but smile at his silliness."Are you bribing me?"

"Well...."He smirked.

"I want waffles to go with my ice cream."

He feigned a shock expression."Waffles?"

"Yeah,and banana milkshake."

"You..."He pointed to me."You know,you should slim down a little."He spoke in a serious tone.

"YAH!"I widened my eyes and punched his arm.Doo Joon let out a chuckle.

"After school today?"he asked.I nodded and laughed.

 


24th October 2010

12:20AM

Dear diary,

I can't sleep because I've been thinking alot these few days...And it  revolves mostly around Doo Joon

He doesn't seem that bad and creepy after all.He's quite friendly.We help each other in our school work and even have lunch together with Jun Hyung,Mirae and Yoseob.Sometimes,he would stare at me for a long while but say nothing.It's creepy in a way but I somehow like it.I like how he's attentive of me and how he's quite a gentleman.I guess the saying,"Don't judge a book by its cover" is really true.He's quite a charming person.

Wait.Oh my god.What am I saying?I've been praising him like there's no tomorrow.DOn't tell me I'm crushing on him?No way.He's still a jerk.

 

Seriously confused,

Rose


15th November 2010

11:11PM

Dear diary,

Sooo,it's my birthday today.Surprisingly,my parents set time aside and booked a table at a restaurant in the evening to have a simple birthday dinner. Hours before the dinner ,my dear best friend came to my house with a small thermos.I was so touched when he poured out the contents of the thermos into a small bowl.Jun Hyung said that he spent hours cooking the seaweed soup.Although it was a little too bland and the seaweed were a little too soggy,I ate it happily knowing that he spent time trying to cook it eventhough he knew he was terrible at cooking.Awww,super touched:') Since my parents invited Jun Hyung to my birthday dinner,we headed there together.My mother gave me a Tiffany & Co. necklace with my name engraved on it while my father bought me an orange coloured iPad2.Jun Hyung got me Big Bang's latest mini album.And I have to say that the least expensive gift was my favourite.Jun Hyung always know what I want...

Oh,and guess who I ran into in the restaurant...Doo Joon.He was there to celebrate his cousin's arrival from her overseas studies.He looked shocked when he learnt that it was my birthday and promised to buy me a birthday present.It's okay,it will be a broken promise and he'll forget it as soon as he arrives home.

HAPPY 15th BIRTHDAY TO ME!! ^^

 

Love forever,

Rose


11th December 2010

7:42PM

Dear diary,

Winter has already started and it's freezing!!I think it has dropped below zero degrees yesterday.On days like this,I feel lonely...O!!GUESS WHAT!!!

Doo Joon gave me an orange-coloured scarf.Seriously...I don't even remember him promising me that he would buy me a gift.He still remembered...although it was one month late and  I think he knitted it himself...There were some parts where it was untidily knitted and no wonder his fingertips  were bruised these past few weeks...Nevertheless,it was beautiful and it's in my favourite colour too hehehe^^  He really surprised me because he came from behind and put on the scarf around my neck.HELL WAS I SURPRISED.He's been too sweet lately and I think I'm starting to like him...What the hell are you thinking Jangmi!!No,no.I'm blabbering nonsense.Shall do my homework and then off to sleep!Ciao :3

 

Love,

Rose


 

19th December 2010

11:51PM

Dear diary,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU~

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU~

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY DEAR JUN HYUNG~

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU~

Hehehehe,spent the whole evening out with him and Kikwang just now.Kikwang left early to meet his new prey and left us alone.YAYY!!That stupid playboy.Anyway,I gave him a limited edition Pikachu plush,a huge one.Believe me,he is probably the only teenage boy on this Earth who was that estatic receiving Pikachu plush as a gift.We had a mini party in his small apartment and watched rented movies together.His mother cooked a spread of Jun Hyung's favourite dishes.Mrs Yong is so kind that sometimes I confide my problems with her instead of my own mother...I've never had a boy as a bestfriend before and I think I'm the luckiest girl on Earth.Not only is he cool,he's caring and protects me like his little sister.I hope we'll be here for each other...forever.

Happy 15th Birthday Yong Jun Hyung <3

 

Love,

Rose