.9.

La Vie En Rose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

.9.

 

“I can’t believe that the only time Jaehyun finally invited us over to his place is because of free labor.” Taeyong exclaimed, rolling up the sleeves of his sweater before lifting a box of trinkets on the floor. Yuta snorted, tilting his head to one side, “That guy is really something else.” Jaehyun was about to enter the room when he heard the on-going conversation, placing another empty box on the countertop, “It’s not free labor since I’ll be treating you guys to dinner after this.”

“Okaaaay! I’ll pick the place then!” Yuta beamed excitedly, fishing out his phone from his back pocket and started typing on the screen. “Hey! Make sure to order the most expensive one, Yuta.” He announced, carefully walking away with the box on his arms. “And also some good wine!” He added before completely disappearing from the room.

It was a Sunday, but instead of enjoying his free time being lazy in bed, he had no choice but to pack the remaining things in his apartment before the movers arrived by tomorrow. The apartment he purchased a few weeks ago was already finished, the furniture he bought with Doyoung was already delivered in his new place, and the only thing missing was his personal belongings and of course, his presence.

It would be his last day which meant that he is expected to move out everything by tomorrow. With the disadvantage of living alone and having a hectic schedule, he didn’t have the time to clear it out except for today. When Taeyong kept pestering him to hang out with them a few days ago, an idea popped in his head. He invited them for dinner at his place, clearly leaving the part out that he might need an extra manpower. As soon as they got there, they had no other option but to fell into his trap.

“Hey, Jaehyun.” Doyoung called, emerging from the guest room that was beside his, a green, medium-sized box on his hand. “Where do you want me to put this?” Handing it to Jaehyun, he said, “I think it’s kinda personal so I didn’t open it. You should keep it somewhere safe for now, just in case you’ll need it.”

“Thanks.” He answered before walking up to his room when Doyoung called out for him. Looking over his shoulder, Doyoung continued, “Do you want me to pack her things for you?” Jaehyun knew he was talking about the remaining possessions that were left at the other room. He shook his head, turning his back to him, “It’s okay. I’ll take care of it.”

Doyoung only wanted to help his friend, but he didn’t insist any further. “Okay, if you say so.” He firmly nodded as he made his way to the living room. Closing the door in his room, he placed down the box on top of his desk, making sure he won’t forget to place it in his suitcase later.

 

The room roared in laughter, his once hollow and lonesome space was filled with their deep, resounding voices in every corner. They ordered a high-quality end steak as per Taeyong’s request and matched it with one of Jaehyun’s expensive collection of red wines, even though he preferred to drink the pricey ones by himself, this was an exception, a commemoration for finally living an independent life.

Feeling refreshed after Taeyong took a swig from his glass, smiling with satisfaction, “This is really amazing. Jaehyun really is the best.”

Taking a sip from his, with a smug look, “Well, I had developed quite an interest in wines.”  

“I just hope it’s the same with dating.” Taeyong rebutted, followed by a laugh from them. Jaehyun rolled his eyes nonchalantly, briefly making a face, “Ha ha. Very funny.”

“Isn’t it about time to get back out there?” He knew full well what he meant but he decided to dismiss that thought. “Instead of taking Doyoung furniture shopping, I think it’s about time to start meeting someone again.” Taeyong suggested as Doyoung reacted at the mention of his name.

“I’m not really interested with that kind of stuff right now.” He said, shaking his head in disapproval.

“Don’t tell us you’re still caught up from Alice. It’s – “Before he could even finish, Jaehyun argued defensively, “No. It’s not Katie. Or any particular reason at all. End of discussion.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter