.25.

La Vie En Rose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

.25.


 

The next morning, Haru woke up with a pounding headache. Groaning from the sunlight peering through the blinds that hits straight to her face. What greeted her was the soreness from her body and to her limbs and it took her a great amount of effort to turn her body to the other side of the bed. As she sank deeper onto the bed, her eyes fall shut  once again. After a whole minute, she shoot up from bed, her headache worsening.

She scanned the whole room, eyeing every detail to all four corners. She rubbed her eyes twice to get a clearer vision and that's when it finally dawned on her, remembering a quick flashback from last night. She ducked her head under the sheets, her clothes from last night was discarded but was clothed with a pair of navy cotton pajama that was too big on her.

"No, no, this must be a dream," She lightly slapped her cheeks repeteadly as she tried to wake herself up from the nightmare she was in. But unfortunately, the clattering sound from outside was enough to prove that it was all real. She pulled herself up from bed, slowly walking to the door. Her hand lingered on the knob, hesitating if she should go outside, considering that she hasn't got any idea whose bedroom she was in.

What if I was kidnapped? What if I went home last night and ended up at someone's place? 

All these thoughts ran through her head as it get worse and worse, but it soon diminished when he heard a familiar voice from outside. In spite of her hesitancy she knew she have no other option but to face that person, unless there's a window in this room that's big enough for her to escape through.

Taking a huge deep breath, she slowly turned the knob and silently stepped out from the room. Getting nearer to where the person is, his voice grew louder, but was thoughtful to talk in a hushed voice, assuming that he didn't want to wake up the guest in his room.

She walked in on him at the kitchen, on his phone. Even with his back turned, she immediately recognized who it was. She must've walked in at the wrong time as she remained standing behind the counter. She still haven't called for his attention, waiting for him to finish his call. 

"Yes, Dr. Kim. I'll look into it tomorrow." She can't help but let out a small frown realizing the person at the other end, questioning why she was calling him at this kind of day. Her thoughts clouded her that she didn't realize that Jaehyun already took notice of her presence.

"You're up." 

"Uh, yea." Haru found Jaehyun walking over to her. 

"How are you?" Jaehyun placed his warm hand on her cheek, softly caressing it with his thumb. Haru was surprised that she didn't flinch by the sudden contact but found herself sinking to his touch, lightly closing her eyes. A gentle smile tugged at his lips, feeling elated that she had quickly acknowledge his actions.

"Did you sleep well?" She still has her eyes closed but her hand somehow gotten on his, pressing her cheek to enjoy the warmth. 

"I think I slept pretty well." Her eyes flew wide open, realizing the words might've meant something else. She glanced up at Jaehyun who wore the same expression as her but was soon replaced with a smug look. "My pajamas looks good

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter