.19.

La Vie En Rose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

.19.

Over the last few years, Haru have always made sure that she has her priorities straight which meant that being in a romantic relationship was at the bottom of her list, something that she had done a long time ago. Of course she did went on blind-dates that Jieun had set up for her, but after going to a few them, it somehow worn her out which she came in to conclusion that it was best to put it aside for now and focus on more important things. 

When Jieun asked what was the real score between them, it gave her something to ponder on for a few nights, but it didn't last long as she assumed it wasn't anything special at all. Just weeks ago, she had spent a great amount of effort to detach herself from any thoughts of him even to the point as avoiding places where she could possibly ran into him. She knew she had put up these high walls around her once more, but she didn't know how he has always managed to break it down. 

Haru stood rooted to the spot when she heard his sudden declaration. A lot of thoughts suddenly raced through her mind on that split minute as she carefully mulled over his confession, but she only found herself looking into his brown eyes which reflected with pure sincerity. 

"I-" She had a hard time responding, the words somehow got stuck in . She didn't put in that much thought into it as she hever had the chance to envision something as crazy and unexpected as this.

"Haru," His voice remained soft as he gave her hand a reassuring squeeze, noticing how tensed she looked. "You don't have to pressure yourself about it. We can talk about it when you're ready so think about it for now." She stared at her hand still wrapped around his, the warmness quickly subsiding the cold. She knew Jaehyun isn't the type who would immediately rush into things and she was thankful for that. She gave him a small nod then letting out a tight-lipped smile, "I will." 

"I'll-" Before Jaehyun could even finish, he was interrupted by a loud buzz that erupted across the room. Her whole body went rigid at the sound of the doorbell. She quickly pulled her hand away as she grew anxious of the possibility that it could be anyone behind the door, maybe Jieun, Jungwoo, or worst, Johnny. She wouldn't hear the end of it when it's her cousin that could be at the door. She wished it wasn't him. Jaehyun could only watch her walk frantically around the kitchen as she thought of ways in her head on how she would handle the situation without causing any misuderstanding. 

"I can hide in one of your cabinets if you want." Jaehyun offered, chuckling at his own idea, but Haru rejected it. "I doub't you would fit to any of those." She said with a solemn look, unable to catch on his joke. Jaehyun shrugged his shoulders in defeat, but seems quite amused at the sight of her getting all worked up. There was another buzz, followed by a few hard knocks as the person at the other end have already grew impatient. 

"Just stay here. Please." She pleaded desperately as she went to the front door. Haru didn't have much of choice but to face whoever it was, considering that it would be more suspicious if she'll keep them waiting. "I'm coming. Who is it?" She called out as she reached for the knob, waiting for an answer before opening it.

"Haru. It's me." A familiar voice came from other end as she fully opened the door, revealing Jungwoo, who was dressed casually in a sweater and a nice pair of jeans, ditching his usual hoodie and sweatpants combo. "Jungwoo? Are you going somewhere? Why are you dressed like that?" She tried to sound as normal as possible, hoping that he wouldn't distinguish the slight edginess on her voice. Jungwoo narrowed his eyes at her, carefully scrutinizing her from head to toe while Haru silently prayed that Jungwoo wouldn't noticed her looking fidgety. 

"I can't believe you forgot what day it is. We've been planning this for like a month now." Jungwoo said in disappointment as relief washed over her. Haru tried hard to remember if she had made any plans with Jungwoo on this day. December 9. She gasped when she finally recalled the text she received from Jungwoo last night. "Oh right. We're going to the Comic Con." She exclaimed, but Jungwoo looked displeased that she had forgotten all about it on the day of the con itself. Even though they've been planning about it for days. 

Jungwoo stared at her, arms crossed, shaking his head in dismay, "I can't believe you, Haru. How could you forget about this?"

Truth be told, Haru was all caught up about Jaehyun last night that she didn't even noticed that Jungwoo sent her a text, reminding him about the Con. But she didn't have any idea how she could explain it to him without mentioning about anything last night. She couldn't even make up an excuse since Jungwoo knew she was excited as much as him which meant that it was impossible that she could quickly forget all about it. Unless, she'll tell him about the visitor who stayed at her place last night, and now she's having breakfast with. 

"I- I didn't forget. I just, I was actually just making breakfast. And..and..about to get ready." This time, she was just saying what basically goes on her mind just so Jungwoo wouldn't get suspicious. "Huh? But I thought we're about to get breakfast on the way." Jungwoo gave her a perplexed look as Haru mentally cursed herself. She was starting to get flustered as she realized that her excuses completely backfired at her. "Yea, yea. I guess, I was just excited that I made breakfast..for us." She let out a nervous laugh, scratching the back of her head. Jungwoo hesitantly nodded, somehow looking convinced with what she had said, "Okay then. Should I wait for you in your living room?" 

"No." She immediately objected

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter