.4.

La Vie En Rose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 .4.

Jaehyun was done for the day even though his shift hasn’t started yet. He was a mess, his whole body felt sore, the dark circles on his eyes became more noticeable as he keeps yawning every five minutes. He was supposed to take the day off but Dr. Kang, his designated doctor, suddenly had a change of schedule so he was asked to report today instead which he didn’t have much of a choice to begin with. He needed the extra hours anyways.

“Here,” A cup of freshly brewed coffee was placed on top of the table, looking up at the owner. His gaze met hers, she went timid at the sudden eye contact, “Uhm..I just think it might help you.”

“Thanks, Dr. Kim.” He smiled, lifting the mug and carefully taking a sip. “No problem, Dr. Jung.” She hurriedly walked away, suppressing the growing blush creeping to her cheeks.

Kim Hana is a senior resident and everybody knew she had a thing for Jaehyun, even him. His workmates – even the attending doctors – keeps pointing it out to him, but he never tried to put that much thought into it and kept it civil. He thought if he didn’t have that much time to go out with his friends what more when he has a girlfriend. He just wanted to keep it professional, a healthy relationship between a junior and senior.

“Hana is really whipped for you, huh?” A short, male figure appeared as soon as Hana left, who saw the whole exchange between them. It was one of the senior residents. Jaehyun glared at him as he took the seat beside him, “I’m just going to ignore you.”

“Don’t tell me you didn’t notice how she went timid just now?”

“Hm, not really.” He answered, deadpan.

“You do know that the doctors are fond of her because of her strong demeanor and look at how you could diminish that the second you’re around her.” Taeil pointed out with so much enthusiast.

He placed the mug back on the table, heaving a sigh, “That’s why I’m not interested.”

Taeil could only gawked at him, comprehending to what he just said. “What do you mean by that?” Jaehyun patted his shoulder as he stood up, leaving him confused. “Yah! You punk! I’m still your senior!” He called out to him as he watched him leave the cafeteria.

He wasn’t really fond of Taeil. He has a habit of bothering every junior that was under their department, it was his own way of getting to know them. They would consider him outgoing while Jaehyun just considers him downright annoying. But regardless of it, Taeil was the only one who takes him seriously, passed beyond his father’s shadows. This made him tolerate his presence every day because he knew Taeil never underestimated him or his skills as a doctor and he always saw him as an equal even though Taeil likes to joke around whenever he’s with him. 

 

“Dr. Jung, go to the ground floor rehabilitation medicine, wait for me there.”  He read Dr. Kang’s text message, eyebrows furrowed as to why he wanted to meet there. Jaehyun was always located to the third floor of the hospital, to where Dr. Kang’s office is located, it was an extension of the rehab med that mostly caters marine workers while the ground floor is where low functioning patients are being treated for physical therapy.

The elevator door opened minutes after, pressing the button “G” as he went inside. More people rushed in at every stop as he moved further to the back. He kept his head down, avoiding eye contact from anyone who entered, keeping a low profile from other doctors.

“Going down.” Someone rushed towards the elevator, getting in on time before it closed.

Jaehyun got a glimpse of the person but didn’t see clearly enough due to the crowded area obstructing his view. He lifted his head, narrowing his eyes to get a good look but the person just kept still, facing the front. He was oddly too familiar to him but before he could get a closer look, she stepped out first from the elevator, losing sight of her.

 

 ***

Haru knew she doesn’t have the capability to work physically and mentally, her body felt heavy like she just did a 1-hour workout routine – without rest. Her headac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter