.12.

La Vie En Rose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

.12.

Haru was looking forward to this dinner since yesterday. It's been three years that she last saw Johnny's mom which was when they visited him in Korea for Christmas. Johnny was an only child, but he didn't grew up as one of those spoiled brat kid who always cry his way out of everything and gets whatever he wants. His parents might've been busy at work, but they never forget to show their love and care for Johnny, especially his mom.  His mom stayed in between the boundaries of being strict and being lenient. Ever since Johnny came to Korea, she also made sure that Haru was well-taken care of even if she was miles away. 

"Sorry, the meeting took a bit longer that I expected." Johnny apologized as Haru settled herself on the passenger seat. Haru started buckling her seatbelt, "It's okay. I was preoccupied as well."

Johnny started cutting in front of the car, glancing sideways, somehow intrigued with her answer. "So, are you going to tell me who you were with at the coffee shop just now?"  was agaped open, completely surprised upon hearing the bit of information from Johnny. "I-I wasn't..." Haru was considering to deny it, but she knew her cousin was a keen observer, he knew she would be lying. She turned to him, shocked, "How did you even know?" 

He laughed at the way she had tried to deny it. Johnny only said it as a joke but she didn't expect her to give in so quickly, it came as a surprise to him as well, but he didn't let her know that. Besides, it seems like she was ready to spill some more. Johnny had a playful smirk on, when an idea came to his mind, something to kill time with this thiry-minute car ride.

"Hmm, I passed by the coffee shop you texted me and I saw you-" 

"It was just my colleague!" Haru blurted out furiously in defense as Johnny looked completely stunned at how she reacted. It was rare for him to see her this way, and he got to admit, he was clearly enjoying it. "Okay, okay. Geez! Why are you so defensive? It's not like you were on a date." It was quiet for awhile, the mood swiftly shifted as he took a quick side-glanced at Haru, curious at her sudden stillness. He noticed how she dipped herself further into the car seat, slowly curling herself into a tiny ball, thinking that it would swallow her whole. Johnny roared in laughter, quitely enjoying the moment. 

Haru narrowed her gaze at him, reaching out her arm, slapping him hard by the shoulder, "Shut up, Johhny! It wasn't even like that!" 

Johnny chuckled instead, "Really? Then how do you call it then? A "coffee" date?" He tried to more which earned him another loud slap on the shoulder, making him groan in pain. "Ouch! That hurts! You're stronger than you think. That'll leave a bruise." 

"Well, good then!" She didn't care for a second as she was already annoyed at his cousin. "And for the record, it was just a coincidence and he was kind enough to invite me for coffee while I wait for you!" She pointed out furiously, clearly wanting him to know that she wasn't up for his jokes anymore as she leaned back on her seat, turning her back to Johnny, ignoring his presence for the remaining few minutes. Johnny could only nod his head, keeping himself from saying another word that would make her choose to take the bus than ride with him. 

Upon reaching his place, Haru immediately exited the vehicle but was still kind enough to wait for him by the main entrance. Johnny slowly approached him, "Hey, cous! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-" She immediately cut him off, pushing the door as she entered inside, him following behind, "It's okay! I'm sorry, too. I didn't mean to slap you that hard...twice." She was aware she had made a big deal out of it with the way she reacted and how Johnny always has his ways in getting on her nerves, it was just like small disagreement between two siblings, considering they were close enough to pass as her brother. 

He reached across his shoulder as he rolled it a few times, craning his head to check if it left a bruise or something, "You should take into account that despite your small body type, you still slap like Hercules."

"Yea, I'll try and reconsider that." She said, showing no interest at all, before exiting the elevator first. 

"Haru!" She was immediately enveloped by a pair of petite arms, pulling her into the tightest hug she had ever received. "My lovely Haru, it's so good to see you." She greeted her with her usual high-pitched sing-song voice. "It's good to see you, too, auntie." Haru said, barely audible, trying to keep still breathes from the tight hug.

Afterwards, she finally lets go of Haru, this time cupping her face in between her small, smooth hands, looking at Haru with pure adoration. "It has only been three years, but look at you, Haru. You turned into a fine lady."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter