.6.

La Vie En Rose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

.6.

 

What is the statistical probability of meeting someone whom you have a faint memory due to an increase of alcohol intake?

It was one out of a hundred chances, with only a name in mind and a blurred image of that person, she thought it would be impossible to meet him at all. But there he was in flesh, even though it was still a blur, his deep, brown eyes told her it was him and with just one look, she was definitely sure it was him.

Jeong Yoonoh.

Haru was still stunned about meeting “Jeong Yoonoh”, the person who she only remembers by name and nothing more but somehow was kind enough to help her last night. The moment she realized it was him, she wanted to make sure one more time. And it lead her into following him towards the parking lot when he coincidentally saw him walking on the hallway.

She wanted to ask him about everything that happened, what made them meet that night which resulted into an unexpected escapade for Haru. However, the moment she was there, every questions listed inside her mind completely disappeared like a bubble and she could only asked one thing. But with that one question, she was somehow relieved upon knowing the answer that bugged her the whole day.

It was already late at night, she was lazily laying on her bed, deep in thought as she contemplated if she should tell Johnny about her little discovery and she expects him to prod her more for answers and she won’t have anything at all. She roughly her side, reaching for her phone on top of her desk. She hesitated for a while, convincing herself that what she was about to do isn’t in any way near to stalking, in fact, she was just curious.

She first went to the search engine, typing his name per letter without misspelling it. She pressed enter as she waited for the new page to load but there was none. Zero results.

“That can’t be right.”

She then went to every social media site available as she typed his name again, carefully checking it again before pressing enter. She waited but there was none. There were a few results but it was a different person based from the profile picture that was used. Maybe that wasn’t his real name at all.  Haru's hair stands up on the baack of her neck as her room suddenly went chilly. This time for sure, she was definitely curious of Jeong Yoonoh.

She pressed the call button near her cousin’s name as she waited for Johnny to pick up. After a few rings, he answered, “Wass – “

“I met him.” She immediately said over the phone as soon as he answered.

Johnny was quiet for a second, trying to think of what she just said but it made him more confused, “Sorry, but who are we talking about?”

“Jung Yoonoh. Unexpectedly, we worked at the same hospital and I talked to him.” She explained as Johnny tried to carefully grasp over her words one by one. He gasped, finally taking in the thought of Haru meeting this mysterious guy out of the blue, “What the! You’ve got to be kidding me!”

“Nope. I’m serious.” She said without any hint of sarcasm.

“Talk about kismet or some !”

“But you know what’s weird?” She didn’t wait for him to answer as she continued, “I searched him up and I got zero results. Like none.”

“Woah.” Johnny was utterly speechless at the sudden information he just heard.

“I know, right? At any rate, I think everyone who exists in this modern world has one active social media account.” She stated as scrolled on her laptop, looking through the profile of another Jung Yoonoh in instagram.

“Maybe he’s just not interested in using it. Who knows?”

“Well, yeah, maybe.” Much to her dismay, she didn’t expect him to be that secretive to the point where she couldn’t find anything about him as if he didn’t exist at all.

Johnny got curious at her sudden disappointment as he tried to provoke her, “Hey! Why do you sound so upset? Aren’t you supposed to be scared instead? What if he’s a con artist or something?” Haru could only roll her eyes at her cousin’s obliviousness, “Why would he use a fake name? He’s a licensed doctor, stupid! You need legal documents for that in order to be one such as birth certificates, you know.” He could only laugh at his attempt to put her off.

“Just don’t think about it too much. Maybe he’s really just a private person.” Johnny said as she sighed, “You’re right. I shouldn’t be thinking about it in the first place anyway. Sorry.”

“Sure thing, kiddo. Goodnight.”

“Goodnight.”

Haru ended the call, devastated at not finding anything at all even t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter