All Is Good?

The Cowards, Beauties & Bolds

“LEE CHAEYEON!”

Chaeyeon whimpered on her pillow as she heard her name being shout out loudly.

Why Why Why?

Silently, she threw a mini tantrum at her sleep being rudely interrupted for the second time again that day before sitting up on the bed annoyed.

She sighed tiredly to herself.

For the next couple of minutes, she stayed in that exact position. Not moving. Just staring blankly down at the covers. It didn’t help that due to the air-conditioner blasting cold airs in the room, her eyes started getting droopier by the second.

She hummed contently at the thought of lying back down on the bed again, nuzzling her face against the soft pillow.

“LEE CHAEYEON! DON’T YOU DARE FALL ASLEEP AGAIN! I KNOW YOU’RE AWAKE!

If this were any other person, they would definitely jump out bed already and rush out of the room but for Chaeyeon, she only rolled her eyes already getting used to it. How could she not? Never a day goes by where someone didn’t shout in the apartment.

Was it a wonder sometime they haven’t been evicted yet?

Pushing the covers aside, she groggily climbed out of bed and grabbed her sleeveless hoodie on a nearby chair on her way out.

Still in a sleep induced mind and eyes closed, she walked out of the room much like a zombie to where Hyewon was and so completely unaware of all eyes on her.

Those on the couch in particular had straightened up in their seats while those on the floor merely wondered why Chaeyeon was suddenly got called out. As far as they knew Chaeyeon didn’t have anything to do much with Eunbi and Hyewon’s relationship. They were also not surprise much seeing her in this state as it was a familiar sight to them nearly on the daily.

No one spoke or made a sound as they waited in suspense for what was about to happen in the next few moments.

Hyewon noticed one person especially had her eyes fixed on Chaeyeon the whole time from the moment she had stepped out of the bedroom.

Her lips curled to a smile.

What do we have here?

“What are you doing?” Eunbi whispered panickingly. Her fingers curled on Hyewon’s arm a little tightly.

Hyewon arched a brow at her. “Clearing the air once and for all. What do you think?”

She grabbed Chaeyeon’s arm, halting her just in time before the girl bumped into Eunbi.

“Chaeyeon. I have a question.” Hyewon started.

The sleepy girl grunted in reply.

“Are we dating?”

Chaeyeon’s eyes snapped opened. She swivelled her head at her friend. Her brows knitted in confusion. “What?”

That was so out of the blue.

“You weren’t supposed to answer that with another question you know?” Hyewon replied before flickering a glance at the side.

Chaeyeon followed. The sight that greeted her instantly made her nervously gulped.

There quietly observing was the Student President Eunbi with her arms crossed on her chest. Her face darkened, eyes literally blazing as she scowled at the both of them.

What the-?

“So, are we Chaeyeon?”

She heard Hyewon persistently asked again, interrupting her out of her thought.

She in a breath and slowly let it out.

This was so not how Chaeyeon envisioned herself to wake up that morning. It wasn’t enough that she was sleeps deprived but she’s also currently being stared down at without any reasons at all. She knew right away who was the caused of this.

Oh, and did she forgot to mention she was at a lost here having no idea whatsoever what’s going on and without warning was suddenly got dragged into this mess? Not one of them cared enough to enlighten her.

“No Hyewon unnie. We are not dating.” Chaeyeon replied, following along whatever it was her unnie got herself into.

“Well there you go babe.” Hyewon cheerfully said, facing Eunbi again.

Don’t be too confident unnie.

Though Eunbi didn’t say anything in response, Chaeyeon knew the older girl didn’t believe it because her scowl deepened even more.

Hyewon must have noticed this too because her smile fell. She threw both of her arms in the air in frustration. “Really now?”

Eunbi merely rolled her eyes in annoyance and looked away from the younger girl, ignoring her all together.

Hyewon just stared at her in disbelief.

Chaeyeon rocked back on her heels, studying them both and it didn’t take her long before she was able to follow the general gist of what was happening here as her mind kept replaying back to their conversations and the way both girls were behaving towards each other and at her.

She concluded Eunbi was definitely acting much like a jealous lover would with Hyewon assuring her lover that she was the one she loved only.

Did Eunbi seriously thought Hyewon unnie and I are dating?

And does that make me the other woman here?

She frowned. If that’s the case, it explained the murderous look she’d received and also why Hyewon had asked that question to her.

Although she will admit the idea of herself and Hyewon unnie was a little ridiculous to be honest. As much she liked being friends with the older girl, she didn’t think she would be able to keep up with her unlike Eunbi did.

Plus, her heart was already taken by someone else so no.

Either way, she’s glad that Eunbi finally had come to her senses. Thank god for that.

However, the question now was, what prompted it?

Chaeyeon held back her yawn, feeling her eyes watering a bit. God she really wanted to go back to her soft and fluffy bed. She’s tempted to simply retreat back to her bedroom but can’t because she had a feeling Hyewon wasn’t going to let her even though it wasn’t Chaeyeon’s mess to begin with.

Unless one of them can convince Eunbi otherwise.

An idea popped into her mind then. She pondered on it for a while before deciding it was worth of a shot. Hell, her sleep was on the line here.

Might as well.

“Eunbi-ssi” she called out.

The older girl faced her then, less scowling this time much to Chaeyeon’s relief.

Hyewon merely shot her friend a curious look wondering what she’s up to.

Here goes nothing.

“If it will ease your mind, I’m actually more interested in that friend of yours than Hyewon unnie here.” She confessed.

Eunbi’s mouth dropped.

Not only that, her sudden confession instantly earned gasps from around the room as each of the girls (except Hyewon and Eunbi) stared at Chaeyeon who in turn shockingly enough finally realised their existences.

Other than her roommates, she took in Yuri, Minju, Chaewon and …...

“WHAT?”

All of them turned questioningly towards Sakura whose cheeks burned in embarrassment not only from her outburst but also for the attention she’s receiving.

Chaeyeon stilled. She’d recognise that voice anywhere. She swung her head towards the owner of that said voice.

No way! What is SHE doing here?

Her heart started to pound in her chest right then as it always did whenever she sees her. She didn’t think her poor heart could take it when their gazes unexpectantly met and held for quite a moment. Compared to her usual look in campus, Sakura looked particularly stunning today in her simple outfit and hair down this time around.

In short, she’s still gorgeous as ever.

Chaeyeon swallowed. Hard.

Two birds, one stone. Why not?

“Specifically, her.” She murmured only for Eunbi to hear, slanting a glance at the older girl. She hoped this will clear up the misunderstanding.

Unfortunately, it wasn’t meant to be because….

“YOU DON’T LIKE ME?”

Hyewon cried out albeit dramatically, putting her hand on her chest as if someone had stabbed her in the heart.

Another round of gasps filled the room once again sans the trio who only looked up briefly after then hunching back down again.

Eunbi swung her angry gaze at Hyewon.

Chaeyeon merely let out an exhausted sigh. Of course, she couldn’t resist, could she?

She cut her friend a glare, “You really like pulling her legs, don’t you?

Hyewon shrugged playfully. A teasing smile played on her lips as she gave Eunbi a pointed look. “Now you believe me?”

While all of this was happening, Yena, Yujin and Wonyoung were having their own secret discussion, whispering among themselves. It was that serious of a discussion that they were completely oblivious to the three girls listening in on them from behind.

“So, you’re saying our Miss Student President over there is not only mad at both Hyewon and Chaeyeon but also jealous because she thought Kwangbae and Chaeyeon are a couple because of the video?” Yena asked, summarising Wonyoung’s explanation.

The latter kept insisting for them to listen to her theory until they caved in.

The younger girl eagerly nodded.

Yujin scoffed. “That’s ridiculous. Sure, they sometime called each other ‘honey’ at times but didn’t Hyewon unnie already made it clear in the video also that she only wants Eunbi unnie? Her asking Chaeyeon unnie out was basically her being her playful self and Chaeyeon unnie did reject her.”

“Not to mention Chaeyeon also revealed she already have someone she like which we still don’t know who it is.” Yena complained.

Like Wonyoung thought, she’s still missing something here.

“Good theory but that wasn’t the only reason why she’s behaving like that.” A voice butted in.

Yena, Yujin and Wonyoung whipped their heads at Chaewon, shocked that she had spoken up. Wonyoung blushed when the older girl gazed down at her again.

“Hyewon unnie did make a remark of pursuing other girls.” Minju added in.

“But…. what she said isn’t wrong. She can pursue other people instead of waiting on Eunbi unnie idly at the side.” Yujin countered.

“Hmm…. You seemed to forgot to mention to them Minju about that ‘scene’ last night on the stage with only the three of them getting intimate with each other” Yuri’s eyes glint angrily as she narrowed her eyes at Yena who avoided all eye contact with her.

“I think what you guys don’t understand here is that Eunbi unnie had recently come to terms with her feelings towards Hyewon unnie but she had to pull those kinds of acts in front of her. Don’t think we didn’t know Hyewon unnie purposely kissed Chaeyeon to make Eunbi unnie jealous.” Chaewon said the last part with a sneer before adding “Why do you think she’s furious when she exited from Hyewon unnie’s room?”

The puzzle piece finally clicked in Wonyoung’s mind. Even Yena and Yujin had some kind of an eureka moment right there.

A pause then suddenly the trio burst into fits of laughter, startling Yuri, Minju and Chaewon and gathering the attention of the four older girls on them.

Eunbi’s brow rose inquisitively.

The trio laughter’s were quickly muffled by Yuri, Minju and Chaewon who nervously shook their heads at her. If their unnie found out what the three were laughing about, they would be dead and they were not about to let her.

“Nothing nothing. Yena unnie was just sharing a joke with us.” Yuri hurriedly answered.

However, Eunbi didn’t buy it completely because the gleeful and teasing(?) look from Yena, Yujin and Wonyoung directed towards her were telling her something else entirely.

“Can I go back to sleep now?” Chaeyeon abruptly asked. She yawned, stretching her body up languidly.

“Why? Are you running away from her?” Hyewon wiggled her eyebrows. “You do know she had been keeping an eye on you all these times, don’t you?”

A flush appeared on Chaeyeon’s cheeks. She shifted uncomfortably. “I-I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

Eunbi observed the two. Seeing their interaction like this, it was obvious to her there’s a playful banter between them. A cordial relationship. Something that close friends would do. Now she felt foolish for acting much like a jealous and a possessive lover.

Not to mention what she had secretly admitted. Eunbi was still reeling a bit from it really. She never would have guessed it would be Sakura. No offense to her friend or anything but she had always seen Chaeyeon around campus either with her friends or on occasions with Seulgi sunbae. They seemed rather closed with each other.

Chaeyeon was about to walk away before turning back, heading towards Eunbi. “Oh, right before I forget. Eunbi unnie.”

Then without warning Chaeyeon slapped both of her hands on the older girl’s shoulders, surprising the latter. Her face was serious and eyes widened comically. “Take her back.”

Both of Eunbi’s brows climbed. “What?”

Yena shoved Yuri’s hands away from and nearly shouting, punctuating each word. “TAKE. HER. BACK. PLEASE!”

“What are you two talking about?” Hyewon asked bemused by her friends’ behaviour.

Meanwhile on the couch, Sakura was practically trying to rein back her jealousy inside after seeing the close proximity of Chaeyeon and Eunbi.

Yena scoffed at her. “Don’t think we don’t know Kwangbae. Ever since that incident in the cafeteria, which we know caused by you anyway, you’ve been taking out some of your frustrations of Eunbi on us.”

Yujin and Wonyoung vigorously nodded in agreement after Minju and Chaewon released them.

All of them stared at Hyewon, waiting for some kind of reactions from her or at the very least, to her friends, for her to admit outright that yes, she in fact did that because of Eunbi. The latter hearing this admission was only a bonus.

Instead of feeling embarrassed or uncomfortable for being caught easily by her friends, Hyewon just blinked. Then she tilted her head with eyes glinting mischievously. “Did I?”

Eunbi was left speechless. So were her friends.

Yena, Yujin and Wonyoung only looked at Hyewon annoyingly, knowing that she wasn’t unapologetic about it.

“See what I mean?” Chaeyeon muttered, glancing at Eunbi. “Just take your girlfriend back please. She’s becoming quite insufferable lately.”

Hyewon huffed, crossing her arms on her chest. “I’m not her girlfriend.”

“Not yet.” Eunbi boldly replied as she looked up directly at Hyewon. She mirrored her action.

Hyewon flashed her a wicked grin.

“OOOOOHHHHH!!!!!”

Cheers and whistle erupted in the room at that bold statement. Although, inside Eunbi really wanted to dig herself into a hole. What the hell possessed her to say that? She had lost count on the number of times she had embarrassed herself today.

Amidst all these commotions, a ringtone could be heard playing from the kitchen. Wonyoung stood up immediately as she recognised it was her phone ringing. Moments later, she walked out holding two phones in her hand. She gave Yujin her phone back.

“Yujin unnie. Nako unnie just messaged me for the both of us to go down and help her with some stuff.”

“Sure.”

Yujin was about to stand up but was stopped when she felt a hand on her shoulder. She looked up to see Chaewon was the one holding her back.

“I’ll go with her. Do you mind?”

Wonyoung froze in her spot right then.

No no no no no please no!

She silently pleaded to Yujin. Unfortunately, the older girl didn’t even glance at her way. Instead she…

“Oh no. Be my guest.” Yujin cheerfully replied.

You will pay for that Ahn Yujin!

“Shall we go then?” Chaewon asked her.

Wonyoung meekly nodded, too shy to speak much less being able to look her in the eyes. She was already in a state of panicking at just the thought of the two of them alone.

She quietly trailed after Chaewon from behind but not before shooting a glare to both Yujin and Yena who were grinning teasingly at her whilst at the same time ignoring the looks from the others who were watching her and Chaewon with much interest.

“Weird.” Chaeyeon mumbled to herself.

For a moment there, Chaeyeon thought Wonyoung was going to stay deeply rooted to her spot after Chaewon first volunteered her to go with the younger girl. Other than the noticeable look of mortification on Wonyoung’s face, Chaeyeon most definitely did not miss the fond soft look Chaewon gave at Wonyoung after.

It would have been nice if Chaewon knew of Wonyoung’s feelings on her, she thought to herself.

“You do know she had been keeping an eye on you all these times, don’t you?”

That statement shouldn’t have gotten to her but it did considering only Hyewon knew of her ‘obvious’ infatuation to Sakura. Intrigue and feeling a little bit daring, Chaeyeon sneakily took a glance at Sakura only to be disappointed to see her talking about something with Minju.

To say her presence this morning in the apartment came as a shock to Chaeyeon would be an understatement. Never before she had ever been this up-close to her much less in the same room except maybe that one time during orientation but then again there were other students around them. So yeah that doesn’t count in her books.

As far as she can remembered, she had always been attracted to Sakura from the first time she had seen her during their university orientation days which later developed into a crush.

Even before she had learned of her name, Chaeyeon already knew she was going to be one of those popular students and would have tons of fans due to not only for her outstanding visual but also because she, along with Nako and Hitomi were few of the foreign students able to enroll as a full-time student in their university. At least that’s what she had heard from her groupmates. Quite an achievement.

Definitely a beauty with brain.

It’s just unfortunate during that time they never interact with each other much less being group in the same team. It didn’t help that she became fast friends with the likes of Eunbi, Chaewon followed by Minju, Hitomi and Yuri making it harder for her to approach Sakura even more.

So, much like Yujin’s cases, Chaeyeon resorted to just stealing glimpses at Sakura whenever she sees her around campus, making sure every time none of her friends noticed it except Hyewon apparently knew all along. She’s still curious though how Hyewon was able to find out about it.

Speaking of campus, it was well known among the students that Sakura had turned down countless of confessions and according to the rumour mills, it was because there’s someone she already liked for a long time. To this day, many, including her were left wondering the identity of this mysterious person.

Well there goes my chance. Must be nice to get the attention of the university’s girl crush.

Feeling sulky and dejected at the thought, Chaeyeon averted her gaze away.

Whoever you are, you sure are one lucky person to be able to get her heart. Can’t relate.

Sakura frowned when she noticed the sullen expression on Chaeyeon’s face.

Chaeyeon was brought out of her dour thought when Yujin suddenly asked nervously “U-u-unnie! W-what are you doing?”

Looking up, Chaeyeon quirked a brow when she saw Hyewon had seemingly dragged Eunbi by wrapping her arm around the older girl’s shoulders and were already half way towards the bedroom. What’s unexpected was that, the latter didn’t protest nor did she push away even though she was clearly taken by surprise by Hyewon’s actions.

Eunbi just let it be.

At the question, Hyewon glanced over her shoulder at them. A cheeky look passed on her face as she winked at them in response.

Just winked. Then her gaze sharpened. A hint of warning in it. “Don’t disturb us.” She merely said.

Moments later, the door shut with a quick click.

And there goes my sleep. Great.

Chaeyeon could only sighed at her misfortune at this glorious Valentine’s Day morning.

.

.

.

.

.

.

So in the end I only managed to upload one chapter only. Really sorry for that and also for not updating in over a month. Been going through some personal stuff coupled with that I have been having writer's block and a little bit of a burnout. So it's been hard for me to find the motivation to write sometime. Nevertheless I wanna say thank you for waiting and supporting. Until the next chapter :)