Special Ch. (3)

The Cowards, Beauties & Bolds

3RD ROUND: UNNIE 🐹 VS UNNIE 🕊

[THE MOMENT I KNOW YOU ALL HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR IS HERE 🥳]

 

🕊️: To be honest, I only have two questions to ask Hyewon unnie because well I’m just not that……… curious(?) enough about her relationship with Eunbi.

🐹: Lucky for you, I do and I have a pretty good idea who it is you like.

🕊️: (shaky eyes) So sure are you?

🐹: Of course.

🐶: In all the times we knew you Chaeyeon unnie, you never told us or like show any kind of hints you like someone.

🕊️: (nonchalantly) Simple. None of you ask

🐶 🍦 🦆 🐰: …………….. (silence)

[ 😑 😑 😑 ]

🐹: Trust me. There were hints. You guys just didn’t notice it as much as I do.

[COCKY MUCH KANG-CHAN? 🤨]

🕊️: (doubtful) You’re bluffing unnie. I don’t think you know who it is.

🐹: Then want me to whisper to you her name? Because I know you don’t want them to know.

🕊️: Alright

Hyewon did just that and the change in Chaeyeon’s expression from skeptical to tense in just a moment piqued the other girls interest.

🕊️: (nervous) Nako-chan is right. Nothing can pass you huh?

🐰: WHO IS IT?

🦆: SPILL IT KWANGBAE!

🐹: (shrug) Sorry no can do. If you want to know, ask Chaeyeon yourself.

🕊️: (relief) Thanks unnie.

[THESE TWO…. WHY THE SECRECY? 😑]

🍦: I’m sure there are clues of her identity in Kang-chan’s questions.

🐹: You’re right Nako. I did but now I have a whole new set of questions that doesn’t involve that.

[I FORGOT SOMETIME THAT THIS UNNIE COULD BE A TROUBLEMAKER 😑]

🐶: (grumbled) She just have to pull a wild card on us.

🐹: Plus, it’s fun watching you guys guessed who it is.

🦆: (out of nowhere) Is it Seulgi sunbaenim?

[ ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ]

🕊️: ………. (silence)

🐰: IT’S HER ISNT IT UNNIE?!

🐶: NO WAY!

🐹: Let’s find out, shall we? (wink)

🍦: Since Chaeyeon unnie only two questions with her, the four of us will take turn in asking you Kang-chan. Are you two alright with that?

🕊️: Fine by me

🐹: Sure. I’ll go first. So Chaeyeon tell us the truth and nothing but the truth. (1) Does this start around last year around the time you volunteered for the festival?

[ 👀 👀 👀 ]

🕊️: Nope. Wayyyy back than that. However, I will admit I only volunteered last year because of her.

🐹: Ah! Right. Her presence is a must.

🕊️: (joked) I would feel demotivated if she’s not there that time unnie.

🦆: Why do I feel like you two are in your own little world while the rest of us were just looking from the outside? Is it not Seulgi sunbaenim?

🍦: The question is a bit vague though.

🕊️: (ignoring) My turn. So unnie, I heard from the grapevine that someone recently confessed to you and you ended up rejecting her. Why?

🐹: Simple. Because I’m not interested in her.

🐶 🍦 🐰: Ooooooooooohhhhhhh!!!!

🦆: You do know Kwangbae that’s like a golden opportunity for you to make Eunbi jealous, don’t you?

[ ON BEHALF OF YENA, I APOLOGIZE FOR THAT CARELESS REMARK EUNBI UNNIE. SHE DIDN’T MEAN ANY HARM BY THAT – NAKO]

🐹: That’s true but I already have a much better one in mind.

🐰: What is it?

🐹: We’ll see soon~. Next question. In your honest opinion, (2) do you think she’s way clumsier than people thought she was?

🕊️: Honestly yes. That’s what surprised me the most but like Yujin said, it’s an endearing trait of hers.

🐶: (so suddenly) Hold up! You’re not talking about Minju right?

🕊️: And what if I am talking about Minju, Yujinnie? What are you going to do about it? I’m not blind to see that Minju is very pretty to look at.

[ ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ]

🐶: *speechless*

🐹: I mean Minju is what you would call a real definition of a beauty. Worthy of her title ‘Campus Goddess’

🕊️: True and she’s very cute too. When I worked with her last year, I finally know why Yujin and the rest of the students easily fall for her.

[ WHAT ARE THESE TWO- WHAT IS HAPPENING?!?!]

🦆: If that’s the case, then what title would Eunbi be then for you Kwangbae?

🐹: Angel

🐶 🍦 🐰: Huh?

🦆: Isn’t a goddess more of like …. a higher title than an angel?

🐹: That’s where you’re wrong buddy. A goddess is worship by many but an angel belongs to one. Specifically, mine.

[ CRINGE LEVEL TO THE MAX!!!!!!]

It was at this moment, a roll of toilet paper literally flown and hit Hyewon right at the head, courtesy of an annoyed Yujin.

🐹: What was that for?!

🐶: For being more annoying than Yena

🐰: (shiver) Oh my god! I really need to clean my ears after this because that was so cringe.

🦆: (regret) I really shouldn’t ask that.

🍦: Kang-chan! I didn’t know you could be like this. How did Eunbi unnie stand you?

🐹: Simple. Because Eunbi actually liked when I sweet talk her like that.

🐶: Ayyyyyyyyyyyy

🍦 🐰 🕊️: Ayyyyyyyyyyyy

[ DON’T LIE!]

🐹: (shrug) It’s true. Up to you if you want to believe it or not.

🕊️: (smirk) Rest assured Yujin, it’s not Minju. She’s all yours. My turn. (2) Hyewon unnie, what’s your like relationship status I guess with Eunbi unnie right now?

[ NICE 😏]

🐹: A break. A friendship temporary breaks to be exact. To be more in depth, just see it as me giving her spaces to sort it all out.

🦆: You think she’ll come around?

🐹: I don’t think. I know she’ll come around. I told you before this didn’t I? She’s just in denial of her feelings.

[ WE STAN! YOU GO KANG-CHAN 👊]

🕊️: Brave words.

🐰: Wahh! This is a side of Hyewon unnie I never seen before and I must say…. I’m charmed. Date me Kang-chan!

🐹: (joking) Okay. Where do you want to go after this? My treat.

🐶: Unbelievable.

🕊️: That’s definitely Hyewon unnie.

🐹: I’m going to take pity on the kids with my next question. (3) Tell us Chaeyeon. Is it Seulgi-sunbaenim you like?

[ THANK YOU! FINALLY, SOMEONE LISTEN!]

🕊️: I will be honest. I really do like her. She’s a cool senior and really talented in dancing. I looked up to her but at the end of the day, it’s not her. My feelings towards her is more of that an admiration. Good guess though Yena.

🦆: Really thought it’s her.

🐰: Our turn! Get ready unnie!

🐶: So, who goes first?

They decided yet again by playing rock-paper scissors with Wonyoung first, Yena second, Yujin third and Nako last.

🐰: My question to unnie is (3) did you ever regret confessing to Eunbi unnie?

[ 👀 👀 👀 ]

🐹: (without hesitation) Not really.

🕊️: Not even an ounce?

🐹: None. Because I already predicted it would happen once I confessed to her and I was right.

🐶: Even if it means she wouldn’t speak to you after?

🐹: I told you I know her. Her reaction was what I had already expected but I didn’t count that we would go on not talking for like a month and half.

[KANG-CHAN 🥺]

🕊️: Hope things settle between you two soon.

🐹: Yeah. Now my fourth question to you is (4) any song in mind that reminds you of her?

🕊️: There is. *starts humming a tune*

🐶: What kind of song is that?

🐰: Is it a new song?

🦆: The tune is kind of familiar. Where did I heard it before?

🐹: That’s a sweet song you picked Chaeyeon.

🦆: Whatever. I’ll think about it later at home. My turn! So, this is totally not related at all but this randomly popped in my head. Kwangbae, I don’t know if you remembered this but years ago you told me about this ‘pretty woman’ you met one night and how she helped you in a way. (4) Have you found out who she is since then?

[ INTERESTING 👀]

🐰: Pretty woman?

🐶: Isn’t there a movie titled that?

🍦: (gasp) Yujin! Don’t tell me you watched that movie. I didn’t know you’re into a rom-com movie.

🐶: I’m not! I just saw an old poster of it on my neighbourhood video store.

🐹: You know I nearly forgot about her Yena. I did tell you about her, didn’t I? It’s been many years already. To answer your question, yes, I finally know who she is. In fact, I met her last year.

🍦: Spill Kang-chan!

🐹: I’m getting there. Buckle up kids. This is going to a long one.

So, let me take you all back to a young eighteen-year old Kang Hyewon. You see, back then if I were to describe one word what my high school life was like, first two years of it, it would be fun. My life was like an endless cycle of of going to school, study, hang out with friends after school, exploring new places and restaurants in the area, acing all of my exams and tests and repeat all over again. Final year was when things started to change. My parents started to pressure me about attending a top university they have been eyeing on. Of course, me being me, I just followed along with their wish, not wanting to disappoint them. What I didn’t expect was that they started to enroll me to cram school which really disrupt my after-school activities with my friends. My new routine…… I couldn’t really adopt it. Though I admit some of the subjects taught were a bit advance, there’s nothing that couldn’t be taught at school. I didn’t even know anyone in that class much less can make friends with. Everyone was literally in a competition with each other. In short, I hate it my time there. This goes on for several months and I started to feel kind of depressed with my life. After every session end, I would just go home and sleep, no appetite for dinner whatsoever. Then one night after class ended, I didn’t feel like going home so I went to a nearby park and just sat on one of the tables outside of the convenience store. I remembered just zoning out, mulling about my miserable life until this pretty woman approached me, asking if I’m ok.

At first, I was initially wary of her but then she started to sit down before I had a chance to leave. She told me she noticed me spacing out and that I looked really exhausted. I sarcastically replied to her ‘No kidding’. I was tired by everything at that point that I didn’t really care I came off as rude. She didn’t take any offense on that, just sat there and nodded in understanding. We didn’t talk for several minutes but I do remember feeling I could trust her and I did. Started telling her all of my problems that by the end of it, I broke down. She didn’t say anything and just let me be. What was shocking to me was when she started to hug me and I guess for the first time I felt really comforted. That my voice was being heard. It was really cute though when she hastily apologised for hugging me suddenly which I didn’t by the way. She can hug me as long as she wants and I wouldn’t complain. Plus, she smells nice so that’s a bonus point. We started talking after and I got to say, I was infatuated. Our conversation was cut short when her co-worker called out for her. I thanked her and walked back home, only to remember I didn’t ask for her name. The next night, I went there again. When I asked for her name from the guy behind the counter, he didn’t know who I was talking about and I didn’t see the same co-worker from the night before. For the next couple of nights, I kept going there hoping to see her but still she wasn’t there. In the end, I gave up. So that’s like one of my regrets back then.

🦆: Then how did you find her last year?

🐹: Would you believe me when I say history repeated itself? It was during exam weeks. She approached my table in the library while I was watching anime on my laptop. I was shocked to say the least but also felt elated I finally found her. She introduced herself and asked if the seats around me were taken. I told her no. If she only knew I have been turning down several students who asked me to share the table with them. From the looks of it, she was planning to study for her exam in the library but couldn’t because many of the tables were fully occupied by the other students.

🦆: This story sounds familiar

🐹: (gloomy) The saddest thing was she didn’t recognise me and I’ll be honest, I was really bummed at the time. However, the good thing was that we became good friends until I did something stupid a month ago like….. confessing my feelings.

[ ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ]

🐰: DON’T TELL ME!

🐶 🦆 🍦: IT’S EUNBI UNNIE?

[ 😱 😱 😱 ]

🐹: (calm) the one and only

🕊️: Now that’s a plot twist

🦆: Why didn’t you tell her all these times who you are?

🐹: (nonchalantly) Didn’t think it was that important.

[ 😑 😑 😑 ]

🍦: You do know Kang-chan if she found about this, you’re so going to get it from her.

🐹: ‘If’ she found out Nako which I doubt because just like Yena’s situation, we’re not even talking right now.

[ SHE KNOWS NOW HYEWON UNNIE]

🍦: Don’t say I didn’t warn you.

🐹: Now that story out of the way, let’s move on to the next question. I’m going to ask the same thing as Yena did last time. (5) Out of the five of us, who would you most likely to date Chaeyeon?

🕊️: Either you or Yena.

[😏 😏 😏 ]

🦆: (excited) Really?

🕊️: but between the two of you, I’d pick you Hyewon unnie just because I want to know how observant you are unlike Yena unnie.

🦆: (grumbled) No need to insult me Chaeyeon. I’ll have you know I’m observant too.

🐹: (out of nowhere) should we do it then?

🦆 🐰 🐶: *SCREAM*

[ WHAT DID YOU SAY? ]

🕊️: (curious) Are you asking me out unnie?

🐹: *nodded*

🕊️: (swift rejection) No thanks. I’m not going to get killed by Eunbi unnie.

🐹: Come on. She wouldn’t know.

🕊️: She will definitely know. I’m not about to get involve in a lover’s spat because of you.

🐹: For your information, she’s not my lover……yet. So, for the moment I can pursue whoever I want

[ AM I HEARING THIS RIGHT?]

🦆: What’s up with you Kwangbae acting up like this all of a sudden?

🐹: (shrug) Just because

🕊️: I still wouldn’t go out with you either way unnie. So no

🐹: Fine. I wasn’t that serious anyway

🐶: Get ready Hyewon unnie. You said you’re giving spaces for Eunbi right now but (5) what would you do if she won’t talk to you even after the end of this month?

🐹: I’m going to start hunting her down on campus. Who knows, I’ll probably kidnap her too if it means getting her to talk.

🦆 🐰 🐶 🍦 🕊: *SCREAM*

[ OH MY!! 😳 😳 😳]

🐰: I’m seriously considering dating unnie now. That was kind of hot.

🦆: (shocked) This is a new side of you Kwangbae I didn’t know of.

🕊️: Now I’m wondering how did Eunbi unnie can stand you

🐹: For the final question. I’m going to give this to Nako.

🍦: Thank you Kang-chan. As usual my question is (6) got any plans to give to a certain someone this Valentine’s Day?

🕊️: We’ll see. I haven’t thought that far ahead yet.

🐹: Maybe.

[ AS OF RIGHT NOW, WE (EXCEPT HYEWON UNNIE) STILL HAVE NO IDEA WHO CHAEYEON LIKES. SORRY AND THANK YOU FOR WATCHING- NAKO]

***

Nobody speaks. Their jaws dropped by what they had watched, rendered speechless too. Clearly the video was not what they expected. It was more. Along with it, the girls were also overcome with several emotions ranging from annoyed, anger, dazed, embarrassment to shock.

 

Eunbi didn’t even want to lift her head up as she covered her face. She could still feel her face heating up.

She was also shocked after what Hyewon told. She remembered now. It explained why during their first encounter Hyewon seemed to recognise her and why she was comfortable with the younger girl.

Didn’t feel it was that important.

Those words shouldn’t have irked her but it did. What did she mean by that? Of course, it’s important. To think she purposely hidden that fact from Eunbi all these times they known each other

You’re really going to get it this time Kang Hyewon especially after you carelessly made remarks of pursuing other girls, asking Chaeyeon out on a date and that stunt you pulled during the final performance.

It was Minju who spoke first. “Well that was…. quite a revelation.”

“Understatement of the century” Sakura grumpily pointed out and muttered something under her breath.

“Feeling okay right Miss Kwon Eunbi or should I say Miss Pretty Woman?” Chaewon asked teasingly.

Eunbi just glared at her in response, not wanting to raise to the bait.

Meanwhile Yuri didn’t know whether to cry or scream in frustration at her ex-girlfriend who’s really an idiot but she’s her loveable idiot in the end.

Hitomi was messaging someone and it didn’t take long to guess who it was judging by the smile on her lips.

“Shall we go to their place tomorrow then?” Chaewon suggested out of the blue. “Seems to me we have some unfinished businesses needed to be settle.” She tightly hugged the cookie jar to herself, a possessive smile on her lips. “And for the record, I’m not sharing these.”

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

So what do y'all think? Just want to say the emojis I used on the members was from a fan account( thank you for the inspiration by the way!). I dont remember what the tweet was about but he/she use the emojis and it inspired to write like this. Not gonna lie, these three special chapters was the hardest to write but hey I did it. Now only left with one or two more chapters before this fanfic finally ends. See you in the next chapter.