Sleepless

Escapades: To Somewhere Only We Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

A LOUD laughter was then heard from that certain room on the seventh floor. Yujin immediately covered Candy’s mouth or else their neighbours would complain about their noise again. Yujin can remember how much they were scolded by the dorm master before because of Candy’s annoying laughter.

“You know, I saw someone who has an even more annoying laugh than this duck!” Cherry said while munching more of her popcorn. The three are already having their asian glow as they have been drinking their second cans of beer already. “I think she is a friend of that lucky girl, Eugene.”

Yujin just clucked her tongue and chugged her beer. “Stop calling her like that.”

“Why not!?” Candy asked after freeing herself from Yujin’s grasp. “I can’t believe that we will be talking about this after a long time of not meeting for a drink. You really like that girl, huh?”

The girl in the hot seat rolled her eyes. “Yes. I like her. And what about it?”

“WOAH~!” The other two acted like they were being blown away by some unseen force.

“I can’t believe that Eugene Ahn would be saying that she likes a girl this seriously~!” Cherry, whose original name is Miyawaki Sakura, high-fived Candy, whose registered name is Choi Yena.

Sakura is a half-Korean, half-Japanese girl who is now studying (?) in America because of her father’s wishes while Yena is just a bored Korean elite that discussed studying abroad to her parents over one dinner and immediately got permission to it because her parents can afford to send her anywhere.

The three of them are really popular with the girls in the school. It’s just they have this charm that none of the boys have. Before Yujin became the most popular, she was under Sakura’s guidance. She considers the girl as her master as she is the one who woke her up to her reality. She treats Sakura as her saviour for being the one who clarified the way to her. Yujin had a really hard time understanding herself when she was younger because she didn't seem to have a crush on any boys but her attention was always for the girls.

Yena, on the other hand, is being admired by everyone because of her bubbly personality but she changes a lot the moment she has laid her eyes on her next target and girls like that kind of reverse in personality. The three of them are known to be just for the flings and none of them was up for anything serious until the person they call master ‘betrayed’ them.

“You were so angry at Cherry when she fell in love with Bae but here you are proudly saying that you are into the girl that you just met a few weeks ago.” Yena then raised her can for cheers, the other two just automatically raised theirs as well.

“So, do you want me to help you with this girl that’s why you came here?” Sakura asked with one eyebrow up. She’s exuding with ‘sunbae aura’.

“What are you talking about?” Yujin scoffed. “How can you help me when you didn’t even manage to confess to Bae?”

Sakura almost choked but what Yena said next took ‘almost’ out of the sentence.

“Yeah, you were so in love with her but you didn’t even manage to tell her how you feel. Now look at what happened, she ended up dating someone else.”

Now, it is Yujin and Yena’s turn to laugh. Sakura threw popcorn at them.

“Shut up, stupids. You know it all. Even Bae knows everything. Do you think she won’t know that I like her when I, the number one player of the school, suddenly just started pouring all my time and attention into her?” Sakura then shrugged her shoulders. “She’s the one who made me think that I have a chance. She made me believe then left me.”

“And now you’re living the life of a hermit and stopped chasing after other girls because you got your heart broken?” Yena shook her head. “You’re already a graduate but don't want to leave the school and go back to Korea because Bae is still here in Chicago. You’re still hoping that things might work--AW! OUCH!”

“Shut your mouth, Candy, or I will make those thick lips of yours swell even more!” Sakura said before freeing Yena’s lips from her pinch. She pushed the other girl away and looked back at Yujin. “So, if you didn’t come here to ask for my advice then what’s the reason? You didn’t want to talk to me for a long time… Don’t tell me you want to boast about you finally feeling the emotion called love?”

Yujin opened another can of beer as she just emptied hers. “I came here to tell you… that I won’t end up the same way as you.”

“Woah~” Yena mouthed while looking back and forth at the two.

Sakura just smirked. “And how? By making that girl believe that something happened between the two of you when you didn’t really do her?”

Yujin’s eyebrows then furrowed. “If that’s the way that I can make her mine then why not?”

“That’s wrong, Eugene. You’re basically making a fence around her and that would just make her heart farther from yours.” The eldest shook her while also shaking her popcorn bowl. “That’s not how you make a girl love you.”

“Then how? Are you telling me to do the same tactics like what you did to Bae? Be good to her, spend time with her, know the things that she likes, be gentle and treat her well? I can already smell failure.”

“Eugene, are you making me laugh? Are you a little kid?” Sakura gave Yena a can and the girl opened it only for Sakura to snatch it away from her. The other girl looked so betrayed as she thought Sakura gave her the can. “Are you really calling this love? What you are showing is just you being self-centred. She won’t love you back if you are like this.”

“No.” Yujin disagreed. “I can make her love me. Just a few more kisses and I am sure she will love me back.”

The two girls looked at Yujin with disbelief before laughing at her. A knot was formed on the youngest’s forehead. “What is funny?”

“Nothing…” Yena wiped her tears away. “It just shows how clueless you are when it comes to love. You’re still a kid in the end.”

“What do you even know about love, Duck!?”

Yena shrugged her shoulders. “I don’t know a lot about it but I am sane enough to know that what you are speaking off is not it.”

Sakura nodded. “When you say you are in love with someone, you should do your best to make her feel safe… feel secured… If you make her feel like she’s in danger of being attacked by you anytime then that’s just you being a predator walking around her prey.”

“What--”

“That’s the very reason why she acted like that when she woke up. She didn’t feel safe when she’s with you, Eugene. It doesn’t matter if she was the one who insisted herself to you, she was intoxicated and you know well that she wasn’t in her right mind to decide for herself that time. You did well. You didn’t really do it with her knowing that it would be considered … But why did you have to make her believe that you messed her up?”

“You actually missed a good chance, Eugene.” Yena added more ice to the bucket of cold water that was thrown to Yujin. “If you came to her and told her that you treated her right while she was in that state despite the fact that you really wanted to own her then she would have probably been considering that you’re actually a nice person but you messed up so hard.”

Yujin felt like her head was about to explode not because of the alcohol but because of all the things her friends were saying. She felt like her ego was being shattered.

Sakura then raised one leg (as they are sitting on the floor). She also raised her can while looking at Yujin with those teasing eyes. “I bet she doesn’t even want to see you now. After listening to your description of her, I bet she’s already having a lot of questions in mind. She’s probably so confused now.”

Yujin just looked at her master as she started feeling the same vibes from the other girl just like when she first met her.

“I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter