Chance

Escapades: To Somewhere Only We Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

MINJOO watched how Yujin fought with internal conflicts. The girl stopped quite a few times while going towards her. She witnessed how much the girl suffered, taking deep breaths as if she was having an asthma attack everytime she took a look at Minjoo’s face. Minjoo felt like her heart was being crushed in such pressure.

Minjoo felt the cold surface of the fridge behind her back. She didn’t notice that she was actually taking steps backwards. She then gasped when Yujin slapped her hand on the fridge, leaving her no way of escape.

There went another deep sigh from Yujin. She couldn’t even face Minjoo for some time as she kept her head low.

“You agreed for a final kiss but you kept moving away from me.” Yujin scoffed as she slowly looked at Minjoo. The painful smile on her face held Minjoo’s heart in chokehold. “What do you really want, Minjoo?”

The other girl gulped. “Let’s just finish this, Yujin. Please… just let me go…”

Yujin’s eyes turned even more helpless with that plea. She lowered her head again and took deep breaths. “Fine, one final kiss then.”

With one loud slamming of her fist on the fridge, Yujin started claiming Minjoo’s lips. Minjoo was stunned by the fury Yujin showed. She tried to calm her down but her words weren’t going through her anymore. She was pinned against the fridge with Yujin’s body pressed against her.

“Y-Yujin—“

She tried to end the kiss but Yujin was quick to catch her back. She would lie if she said that she didn’t feel how frustrated Yujin was with every kiss. The violent kisses, the uncontrollable hands, those helpless eyes… everything was screaming how she’s in pain of being rejected by the first person she learned to love.

Minjoo lost herself in the middle of the fiery kisses when her body started moving in accordance with her heart and went to respond to Yujin’s kisses. Her arms wrapped around the taller girl’s nape and her response actually calmed Yujin’s raging heart even just a bit.

The two stopped with the liplock both huffing for air, both faces were flushed and both still wanting for more. Yujin eyes Minjoo’s lips before looking at the girl’s eyes. Minjoo, not knowing what came to herself, gave Yujin a nod giving the taller girl the permission to continue kissing her.

The taller girl didn’t hesitate at all and dove in for another kiss. This time she started much more gently as tears started falling down. It was nothing but a goodbye kiss. No matter how Minjoo responded to her, the ending would be the same. It would be the last time and she has to let go of her feelings for her after this.

And yes, she wished for time to stop at that very moment. She wanted Minjoo to stay in her arms a little longer, she wanted to feel more of her, she wanted those addictive eyes to look at her a little more.

Yujin then felt Minjoo’s hug growing tighter making Yujin’s heart set ablaze once more but this time not of frustration but more of wild, raw emotions.

Her kisses began to grow even more seeking yet Minjoo responded to them in the same manner. Yujin didn’t even realise that her hands were already travelling inside Minjoo’s shirt and her lips have left Minjoo’s lips and are now feasting at the crook of the girl’s neck.

“Y-Yujin!” Minjoo gasped when she felt Yujin’s palm cupping her chest. She could feel how much it’s trying to take off the cloth that’s hindering it to feel her directly on her skin.

“Yujin, stop!” Minjoo tried to push Yujin away but she felt so weak. She sounded so helpless. Knowing that this shouldn’t happen, the girl started panicking and adrenaline took over. She managed to push Yujin off before she even managed to completely take hold of her. Even the taller girl looked so stunned.

Yujin looked at Minjoo’s disoriented state with her eyes shaking. The latter was even hugging herself, trying to protect herself from Yujin.

“I-I’m—“ Yujin tried to reach out to Minjoo but the girl coiled in fear, leaving her hand dropping in no time. “I’m sorry…”

Yujin’s jaw clenched. Her mind was still in haywire. She marched out of the kitchen, grabbing her keys and her windbreaker along the way. The girl stormed out of the house and drove away.

Minjoo slid down to her feet as adrenaline left her. The sound of Yujin’s car engine faded in no time and she knew well that it’s the end.

“It’s all over…” She told herself as she hugged her knees. The earlier scene then flashed in her mind; the way she hugged Yujin, the way she responded to her kisses, the way she yearned for her… She technically gave Yujin the permission to do that to her. “It’s all over but why do I feel empty…?”

Tears started to fall as Minjoo started to realise things but it’s already late.


 

“I must be crazy. I guess I really like her.”


 

 

 


 

SAKURA was surprised to see Yena and Yujin at the airport. They already had a send-off party for her and she wasn't really expecting for the two to come and see her off since it's almost time for finals. And most importantly, her flight is at 5 in the morning.

"What are you guys doing here?" Sakura asked while the two greeted Sakura's dad who came to pick her up personally and help her with her luggages. Her father gave her a light tap on her shoulder, telling her to be a bit nicer to her friends. The guy then went to smoke and left them.

"Your father was right." Yena arched her arm around Sakura's neck. "You should be nicer to your disciples. We don't know when we will be able to meet again."

Sakura just shook her head while taking Yena's arm off of her. "I don’t think I will be that busy though. I can always come and visit you guys here."

"Visit us or visit Bae?" Yena earned a finger flicked on her forehead because of that unwanted joke. Her pout grew even longer as she touched her red forehead.

"Speaking of Bae," Yujin started. "She ain't coming?"

Sakura gave out a faint smile. "She won't be. I bet she doesn't even know that I will be leaving today. Our group hangout on the beach was the last time we talked."

"That outing was a curse." Yujin sat on the nearby seat, both hands in her pocket. "I guess things didn't end well for the two of you, right?"

"I guess we're not destined to get a happy ending." Sakura tossed sum gum to Yujin. "I've already accepted it, that's why I decided to go."

"It’s about time anyway." Yena said with her nose up high. "I can't believe you two really fell in love. Weak, petty creatures."

Yujin scoffed. "Just wait for your turn, Candy. Don't come running to us with your snot running."

"That's never going to happen!" Yena proudly answered.

Sakura and Yujin just looked at each other before shaking their heads in sync.

"How long are you going to stay in your grandparents' house again?" Yujin asked.

"About three months?" Sakura answered. "I'm not really sure yet."

"Don't go girl hunting in Japan." Yena continued teasing her. She could already feel that she would miss Sakura right after the girl leaves. They've been roommates for a year anyway. "I doubt you can see anyone as beautiful as Bae anyway."

"Stupid duck. I'm not going there to find a new romance. Though I know my visuals are such a waste, I don't want to play either. I'll just wait for the day that I would be captivated by someone else's smile and just go all in."

Yena felt her stomach turn upside down with that statement from Sakura. "Please stop talking like that. I ate a lot last night..."

Sakura tried to stomp on Yena's foot but the other girl was quick to avoid her. Yena just gave a cheeky smile.

"Anyway," Sakura turned back to Yujin. "Carrie sent me a message. She's sorry that she couldn't see me off since she's studying. I guess there won't be any improvement for the two of you, right?"

Yujin gave weak nods. "It's over. It's been months since we stopped talking. Well, we still talk but just very casually or when Dad's around. We can't have Dad getting worried over us." Yujin stretched her arms upwards. "I wonder what could've happened between us if Bae didn't get in the way."

Sakura told Yujin about Irene’s meddling. Of course, Yujin got mad but she didn’t have any energy to argue with Irene. Also, even if Irene said something like that, it was still Minjoo who made the decision to finish whatever is starting between the two of them.

“Let’s just let it be then.” Sakura smiled at the two before consulting the time. “What will be, will be.”

Yujin stood up and gave Sakura a hug. Even Yena who witnessed it was surprised. “Thanks for everything, Cherry. Thanks for making things clear for me when I was struggling with my identity.”

Sakura gave her light taps on the back. “I hope you could finally be true to your Dad about it.”

Yujin let go of Sakura and went straight to scratch the back of her head. “I do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter