Lighter

Escapades: To Somewhere Only We Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YUJIN’S side lip automatically curved upwards after reading Minjoo’s notes. She mouthed a big ‘yes’ as she punched nothingness. She placed Minjoo’s response to her letter on her table. Just a while earlier she was cursing her withdrawal but now, she’s thanking it like it granted her a wish that she has been praying for a long time.

She hurriedly stood in front of her mirror and puffed her lips as if she’s preparing for some action. Yujin even sniffed herself if she smelled like sweat because of the stupidity she did outside. She also has to make sure that she doesn't get any smell of smoke in case someone was smoking when she went out.

Not satisfied with her self-inspection, she just decided to change her shirt into a new one before striking a pose to her mirror. “This is it! Finally! No one can ever resist Eugene Ahn~!”

She even winked at her own reflection before excitedly going outside and to her surprise, Minjoo’s door was already slightly opened. “Look at this fox…” She said while shaking her head. “Why is this such a turn on?”

Yujin then sneakily went towards Minjoo’s room. She even made sure that she isn’t making any sound even though she is right inside her own house. She’s looking here and there, making sure that her father isn’t really home yet.

Slowly, she took a peek of Minjoo’s room through the narrow opening and saw Minjoo sitting at the edge of her bed. She’s fidgeting with her fingers and that action made Yujin even crazier.

‘Why the hell is she fidgeting?’ She giggled at herself. ‘She’s probably worried that I am taking time and rejected her invitation.’

Yujin’s eyebrows then crunched when she realised something. She straightened her back and fell deep into her thoughts. ‘If I go and answer her invitation then it would seem like I am really hungry for her, which is true in the first place but…’ she sighed. ‘That would seem like she’s actually put a collar over me and she can make me do whatever she wants.’

The girl even looked more confused as her hands moved up to her waist. ‘But she’s already giving me a chance! What if she has already given up and is now calling for me to just formally accept her defeat and we can go wildin’?’

Yujin took another peek at Minjoo and now she is seen eating the chocolates that she gave her. Her heart melted for a moment. ‘She’s eating what I gave her. Hey, Eugene, wait!’

She then gave herself a soft slap. ‘You can’t look at her from afar and admire what she is doing! You can’t be happy that she’s actually eating what you gave her! You can’t do all of this or else you will fall hard and you lose, stupid!’

She looked at her again and sighed. ‘Her kisses will certainly taste like chocolates.’

Yujin gulped. Brushing her hair up, she arrived at a decision. She’ll go over.

‘It’s a chance anyway and Eugene Ahn doesn’t just let opportunities go!’

Yujin then opened the door and excitement reached its peak when she saw the surprised expression on Minjoo’s face. She loved the sound of her gasp and how she lowered her head and started tapping the bed with her fingers.

“Is something wrong?” Yujin called, trying not to sound all giddy. “Why did you call me?”

Minjoo looked at her with those misty, troubled eyes before looking away. Yujin felt her heart exploding. ‘What was that? What kind of attack was that? That is super effective!’

“C-Can you… sit here first?”

Yujin looked completely normal from the outside but her whole system is actually having a complete panic. She can hear her internal screaming and it's deafening. She has never felt that way ever in her entire life.

Of course, she did what Minjoo told her to do but she made sure to have a safe one-foot distance between them and acting all cool she asked, “Are you okay? Is your head still aching?”

Minjoo faintly shook her head. “Mm… The medicine is already taking effect.”

“Then why did you call me?” Yujin asked as if she doesn’t really have any idea of why she is called.

Minjoo looked at her but immediately averted her stare somewhere else. Yujin had to curse internally.

‘That’s a freaking’ turn on, Miss Kim. Don’t act all shy, baby. Come on and say the word.’

“Can you… hold my hand… please?”

‘FCKKKKKK! So, you want to start with holding hands? Sure, babe. Sure~’

The girl then did what Minjoo asked her to do. She held her hand that’s on top of the bed, she also took the opportunity to draw close. “Tell me what’s bothering you…”

‘Okay, Eugene… That’s it. Don’t act like a hungry hyena… You better act like the gentlewoman you never were.’

She watched Minjoo take a deep breath and looked her straight to the eye.

“그냥 잡아 줘…” (Just hold my hand.)

Yujin’s eyes narrowed. ‘Why is this girl suddenly speaking in—‘

Minjoo then started calling her mother and Yujin couldn't help but to be even more confused. ‘Why is she calling her mother and it’s a video call ffs!? Does she want her mother to watch us while we make—‘

“Minjoo-ya!” Yujin flinched when the call was answered. “Our daughter! Why did you call, dear? Is something up?” (A/N: Sentences in bold are stated in Korean)

Yujin then felt Minjoo’s hold on her hand tightened. Right then she realised, she wasn’t called for whatever it is that she’s thinking of rather she was called for support and it’s evident to those misty eyes of Minjoo.

“There’s nothing, Omma… I just wanted to see you.” Minjoo’s voice almost cracked but she tried her hardest to smile so her mother wouldn't notice it. “How are you doing? You’re eating on time, right?”

“Of course, dear! I just finished having lunch with my officemates and we’re waiting for our coffee.” Her mother brought her phone nearer to her face. “Are you really okay there, Minjoo? No one is giving you a hard time, right?”

Yujin gulped when she saw Minjoo looking at her at the side of her eye. ‘Is she telling me that I am the one giving her a hard time? I can understand you, Minjoo Kim. Even if not 100% I can still do Korean, lady!’

“No, omma… The family that is hosting me is really good to me. The Professor’s daughter is actually here with me.”

Yujin’s eyes widened especially when she heard that Minjoo’s mother wanted to see her. Minjoo turned to her, asking permission just by looking. Yujin looked rather confused but she just nodded. She awkwardly moved her head closer to Minjoo and raised her hand by habit.

“You have to bow and not wave.” Minjoo whispered, which made her frantically bow her head.

“아-안녕하세요~”

Minjoo’s mother chuckled after hearing Yujin’s accent. “Hello~ How are you? It’s nice to meet you~”

Yujin stiffened. “Do I have to answer in Korean?” she asked Minjoo.

“My mother isn’t fluent in English.” Minjoo said with a blooming smile. “Go ahead and introduce yourself.” Yujin gulped. She looked back at the screen like a robot.

“M-My name is Ahn Yujin… I-It’s nice to meet you too~”

Again, Minjoo’s mother chuckled. “It seems like she isn’t used in speaking Korean, Minjoo-ya~”

The daughter just nodded. Yujin somehow felt at ease since a smile was back on her face. “She grew up here and will stay here so she said she doesn’t really need to practise her Korean.”

“Is that so?” Minjoo’s mother with a cheery smile. “She’s so pretty~”

Minjoo looked at Yujin with a doubting face and Yujin just gawked at her. “What? Are you disagreeing with your mother? I can see that she really has the eyes for pretty people.”

“What?” Minjoo chuckled. “Omma, it seems like she knows well that she’s pretty.”

“What the heck, silly!” Yujin moved closer to see Minjoo’s mother clearly, closing the space between them. She placed their clasped hands on her lap. “I am so pretty, right, Omma?”

Minjoo and her mum bursted into laughter. “Did she just call me Omma?”

“You should call her auntie, Yujin. It’s imo.”

Yujin sneered. “Whatever.” She then made their fingers intertwine and Minjoo doesn’t seem to mind at all. She even held her hand closer to her body.

“Don’t worry, Imo~ I will take care of your baby~ She will also be my baby~”

Again, Yujin succeeded in making Minjoo’s mother laugh but this time Minjoo didn’t laugh with them but looked at Yujin with an unamused face.

“That kid looks like she is really sweet, my heart is put at ease.”

Minjoo was surprised. She didn’t expect Yujin's goofiness a.k.a. her hints of her real intention would make her mother be at ease. She should be worri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter