Mess 02

What A Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Babe!!"

I look up from my drink upon hearing that familiar voice. Immediately, I throw my arms around my best friend as we hug like we haven't seen each other for a decade and this is the most dramatic reunion ever. He squeezes my cheeks and plants a kiss on my cheek. It may seem a little weird to others but that's how we usually greet each other. Sisters. As he sits opposite me, he takes off his Gucci shades and I realise I miss his face so freaking much.

"Seems like someone is earning bucks huh?" I point at his expensive shades. I have seen that design on some fashion magazine before and it's definitely not cheap, "Or did you find yourself a sugar daddy?"

"Shut up, sis, I deserve to reward myself with such luxury goods after slaving off all day all night, okay? How have you been, my darling? Look at you, you have bloomed into a fine lady."

I roll my eyes at his dramatic antics. Everyone knows I am far from being a fine lady. Compared to other girls, I am less gentle and I don't dress up as often unless necessary. Furthermore, working in a kitchen doesn't require me to be fancy at all, and my makeup would probably melt from being exposed to the heat. But thankfully, I inherited some of my mother's good genes and I guess I am still decent looking without much makeup. Just then, I see two girls from the table next to us giggling and whispering between themselves. I figured, they must have recognised the guy sitting opposite me. A few seconds later, they walk towards our table and approach my best friend.

"Are you the chef who appeared on Cook Off recently, Kim Jongin?"

"Yes, that's me, my beautiful ladies."

The girls squeal and they immediately ask him for photos. Jongin winks at me, obviously enjoying the fame and love from his fans. 

"You are such a great cook!! You are the reason why I watch that cooking show!"

"Aww, that's so sweet of you."

Kim Jongin - My childhood best friend and still is my best friend. 25 years old but with a mental age of 5. Jongin may be 2 years older than me but I feel like I am more mature than him. Jongin and I got to know each other because our parents are close friends and because we studied in the same elementary, middle, and high school. Jongin is there throughout my life basically. People in school know that Jongin and I are inseparable, despite being in different academic years, and they would always tease us, saying that we are gonna get married in the future. Even outsiders think we are a cute pair. When I was in high school, I had thought that, maybe, just maybe, Jongin and I would get married in the future because no one knows me better than he does, but until I found out that Jongin doesn't like girls, I erased those delusional thoughts. Jongin didn't tell me that directly, of course, because he was fear of being judged. It was that one day when Jongin walked into my room by accident when I was changing and he didn't react like any other teenage boys would, I knew he doesn't like s. And somehow, from that day onwards, Jongin and I got even closer and we don't hide anything from each other.

There are many perks of having a gay best friend - I don't have any necessary dramas like other girls do, I can just change in front of him or wear an oversized tee without the need to wear bra because I know that he won't take advantage of me, we gossip about boys and talk bad about other y girls all the time, and we would always go shopping and for high-tea sessions together. Another perk is that Jongin and I share the same passion in cooking so we always try out different recipes together. But sadly, we don't get to do all those anymore after I moved to US and Jongin started working as a full-time chef. Now that I am back, it's time to catch up with my best friend and make up for all the lost time.

"As my best friend, have you watched the cooking show that I appeared on recently?" Jongin finally pays attention to me after his fangirls left.

"Nope."

His face fell, "What a ."

"I am just kidding. Of course I did! You don't know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter