Mess 30

What A Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My mood has been at its worst state for the past few days. Ever since that incident at the pub, Sehun has been ignoring me. I have been trying to explain the story to him but he just wouldn't come out of his room. He would leave the house early for work, without waiting for Jongin and me. And then when he got home, he would locked himself in the room, giving me no chance to interact with him. Even Mrs Oh noticed something off between us and she is concerned about our tension. Aside feeling down, I am feeling frustrated because Sehun is so damn stubborn. He wouldn't listen to anyone, including Jongin and he just shuts himself from everyone entirely. 

"Doll, is something bothering you?"

"Why do you ask that, Baek?"

"You look very distracted for the past few days and," He tilts his head sidewards, a puzzled look forms on his face, "You and Sehun seem a little off, like you guys are having a cold war."

I give a half-supressed laugh as I sigh. Baekhyun isn't the only one who noticed the weird aura between us at work, other trainees have pointed out the same thing and I can only shrug them off because I don't want them to interfere our private affairs. Thankfully Lucas, Taeyong, and Mina are with me on that and they promise to keep their lips sealed on that incident as well. Lucas felt extremely bad for causing such a huge trouble and even though I was pissed off initially, I forgave him eventually because I know he didn't mean any harm. He was just trying to test Sehun's feelings for me and based on Sehun's reaction that night, we are very certain that he was freaking jealous. Regarding to his feelings... I don't know. He doesn't even bother to let me explain myself and if he really does like me, he wouldn't have ignored me completely and disregard all my attempts to talk to him, would he? I get that he is doing that out of anger and jealously but instead of isolating himself, he should just confront me. And I will make sure to let him know how I feel about him too. 

"It's a long story but we are kinda not on good terms now..." And at the thought of that, I can feel the twitch in my heart again.

Baekhyun frowns, looking really concerned right now, "What happened? Tell me, hmm?"

The last time I broke down because of Sehun, I was in Jongin's arms. But now, I am starting get emotional as I recount the incident to Baekhyun. I am such a weakass but I guess, Baekhyun really got his way to make me feel vulnerable. He is like my safe place; a part of my safe heaven. His comforting arm, that is slung around my shoulder, makes my wall crumble bit by bit, just like the bead of tears rolling down my cheeks uncontrollably. He hands me a napkin and I mutter a thanks, as I wipe the wet tears. 

"Shall I help you teach him a lesson?" Baekhyun retrieves his arm back, and punches in the air with his cute tiny fists like he is ready to fight someone, "Oppa knows Hapkido."

His joke managed to put a smile on my face and I feel a little better after talking to Baekhyun. That's really his plus point and his charm, he never fails to brighten up people's day.

"But I am jealous. You are crying over Sehun."

My tears stop trickling the moment I heard those words, same goes for my breath. I turn to look at Baekhyun and I saw a hint of pain flashing through his orbs. Oh . 

"Baekhyun, I..."

"You have fallen for Sehun, haven't you?"

His eyes search for mine, as he anticipates to my answer. The nerve that I am feeling right now, is just like how I felt when I made up my mind to confess to him when we were in the US. Except that my heart is beating for another guy already. I open my mouth to say something but Baekhyun beats me to it.

"You don't have to say anything. I know you, doll. Plus, my instincts told me so."

Baekhyun's reaction is a lot calmer than I expected. I thought he would be aggrieved and wouldn't be able to accept that fact that I have fallen for another man. I am relieved that Baekhyun is understanding but at the same time, I feel like for breaking his heart because afterall, I have led him on and gave him false hope. Maybe it would make me feel better if he were to lash out at me for not holding on to my promise. 

"Don't worry, doll. I don't hate you."

My eyes widen at his words. How does he know what exactly goes through my mind? I do wish that Baekhyun doesn't hate me and we can still be close friends because he is not someone I want to lose in my life. If only Sehun is as easy to decipher as Baekhyun, I wouldn't be having such a headache. 

"We can't control our hearts and feelings, can we? I can't possibly force you to like me if you have another man in your heart. But I hope you bear my words in your mind," He stares at me intently, and those dark orbs send shivers down my spine, "It's impossible for me erase my feelings for you right away so if anytime Sehun hurts you or makes you cry again, I am going to snatch you away and I not letting you go again," His voice sounds so determined yet menacing at the same time, "If Sehun doesn't know how to treat you right, I will." 

 

I try not to let Baekhyun's words affect me but his words have been replaying in my mind for the whole night, causing me to lose my sleep. From his face and his tone, he was so dead serious about taking me away if Sehun hurts me again. My heart should flutter at his confession and his devotion but I am not sure why there is a heavy weight added on my shoulder, as if it's a forewarning of something bad that is going to happen. Shaking my head, I try to clear those thoughts out of my mind.

Okay, Park Areum, calm down, you are thinking too much, don't let your mind drift away! Concentrate on making your dish!

Today is an important day for all the trainees. As we are preparing for the buffet for the media event later, the senior chefs are walking around to check on us, as if invigilating us for an exam, making us feel more stressful than ever. Well, I am not sure if the rest is nervous, but I sure am feeling the pressure. Sehun walks past and we make a brief eye contact, that's probably the only interaction we made for the past one week, and I got to admit that I am missing him so much. I miss fooling around with him, teasing him, and cuddling with him. 

"Ah!" 

I screech when my finger comes into contact with the burning hot pan. Gosh, I really hate myself for getting distracted so easily. Get a grip, Park Areum! Do not get flustered!

"Are you alright?" Jungwoo asks with concern and I give him a smile, assuring him that I am fine.

Sehun is still at our work station when that mishap happened. He gives me another look and I swear, I saw worry in his eyes. But it vanishes as soon as it appeared and before I can even say anything to Sehun, he has already walked away to check on other trainees. There goes my chance to talk to Sehun again, but at least I know that Sehun still cares about me.

 

While we are boarding the coach, Mina has asked to sit with me, and I nod to her request even though deep in my heart, I want to sit with Sehun. But I doubt Sehun feels the same way as him. Knowing that he might not be pleased if I were to occupy the vacant seat next to him, I chose a safer route because the last thing I want is to strain our relationship any further. It's already bad enough that he isn't talking to me. When I see Joohyun taking up the empty seat next to Sehun, my hand curls into a fist instinctively. Damn it, Bae Joohyun really knows how to jump at the opportunity. If everyone noticed the weird aura between Sehun and me, I bet Joohyun would have sensed it too. She turns her head around and bats her eyelashes at me purposely with a smug expression, as if provoking me and telling me that she has the upper hand now. You wish, ! Even if Sehun and I don't end up together, you will never stand a chance! 

The bus seems to be divided into different parts. While Jongin and Baekhyun are having fun laughing and chatting with all the trainees, Sehun and Joohyun are basically in their own bubble, like there is a wall separating them from the rest of world and that got me so infuriated! I want to burst their bubble so badly. That is behaving like they are a couple when she takes Sehun's earpiece to listen to his music without asking for his permission! What the hell does she think she is doing? I am the only one who should have that exclusivity, not you witch! The longer I stare at the two of them, the angrier I get. My blood is boiling like mad and it annoys me even more that Sehun is not stopping her from making advances. Plopping on my seat, I huff and cross my arms. 

Mina nudges me, "Why do you look so pissed?" She cranes her neck and looks ahead towards the direction I was staring at earlier on, "Chef Oh made you angry?" 

"Look at him sharing the goddamn earpiece with Chef Bae! Urgh!"

"Aww, someone is jealous."

"Hell yes, I am!" I snap. If I can throw a punch at Joohyun's face, I would.

 

When we arrive at our designated venue, the trainees are tasked to carry the chafing dishes and drinks as we follow the lead of the senior chefs into the arts centre. Unlike the senior chefs, who have probably been to countless of similar events, the other trainees and I are extremely excited to be here. This is the first time we are going to serve the food we made to the invited guests. Then, I spot someone walking towards us and to say that she is another pretty face, it's an understatement. Her beauty is stunning and is not anywhere far of from Joohyun. The jade green micro pleat camisole dress that wraps around her body accentuates her slim figure, and the pair of black killer heels, that makes a striking contrast from her milky skin, makes me wonder how many men are in reverence for her. Literally killer. Her brown wavy lock bounces as she makes her way to us gracefully. She is the epitome of perfection and she is the kind of girl that makes you question your existence.

"Sehun!"

Wait, what? That girl is calling Sehun by his first name? Do they know each other on a personal level or what? As the girl reaches in front of Sehun, she gives him a kiss on his cheek and I almost lost my . What the hell was that?! 

"It has been so long since we met! Do you miss me?" 

What the ! Get your dirty hands off my man! Gosh, why does Oh Sehun have so many flies around him? And what irks me more is that all the flies around him are as pretty as butterflies. Nothing like a rowdy girl who sits like a boy 90% of th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter