Mess 33

What A Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My heart drops when I find myself alone on the bed. I shoot up into a sitting posture and scan the room, checking for traces of Sehun but there is nothing, as if he was never here. Was last night purely from my imagination? It didn't feel like a dream though, it felt super real, but where is Sehun? Hurriedly, I rush out of the room, without bothering to check if I look like a mess, in hope to find Sehun somewhere in the apartment. 

But all I see is Jongin as he walks out of the kitchen with two plates of food.

"Wow, what a style you are pulling off. At least go wash your face please, babe."

"Where is Sehun?"

Jongin send me a questioning look and suddenly, my heart starts to thump anxiously.

"Sehun? What are you talking about, babe? Why would he be here?"

Eyes bulging, I stare at my bestie. What nonsense is he saying? I refuse to believe that last night was just a dream, I am very sure Sehun was here with me!

"Look at your pale face!" Jongin bursts out laughing, "I was just kidding. I am not that sure either, he rushed out of the apartment immediately after he received a call and before I could even ask him what happened, he was already out of the house."

"It must be Mrs Oh..."

Although I am glad to hear that last night wasn't a dream but the anxiety in me didn't go away, instead it has now heightened as I can't help to worry about Mrs Oh's health. Something bad must have happened for Sehun to leave in a hurry without informing anyone, not even me. Did he not my heed my words from last night? I clearly told him to share his problems with me, why did he return to square one again? Feeling a mix of disappointment and annoyance, I return to my room to freshen up as quickly as I can before I make my way to the hospital.

 

Contrary to what I pictured, Mrs Oh is awake and even though she still looks a little frail, at least, there is a smile on her face. I can't hold back my excitement so I barge into her ward, earning looks from everyone in the room at my sudden disruption to peace. 

"Auntie! You are awake!" 

Mrs Oh continues to stare at me like a deer caught in headlights and I wonder why she has this reaction, is she not happy to see me?

"A-Areum?" Mrs Oh stutters, tears brim in her eyes out of the blue, "My Areum!" She pulls me in for a tight hug, "My Areum is back! Do you know how much I miss you?"

Lips curling upwards, I hug Mrs Oh back. She is like my second mother and I can't be more than glad to see her in good health again, "Yes, I am back. And I am never leaving again."

Mrs Oh pulls apart and switches her gaze between Sehun and me to check for confirmation. Her look of disbelief vanishes when I give her a nod, assuring her that Sehun and I patched things up and I am never ever leaving again. Nothing can stop Sehun and I from being together anymore. I am very sure that he is the only man I want to spend the rest of my life with, regardless of the bleak future. Whatever it's going to happen in the future, we will overcome it together. My arms encircle Sehun's body as I lean on his chest, "Sehun and I have reconciled."

"Y-Yah...What are you doing?" Sehun mutters and looks away with a bashful expression on his face, "My parents are here..."

I chuckle, "Why are you so shy? You weren't even this embarrassed when you professed your love for me last n-" Sehun shuts my trap with his palm, cutting my words abruptly right there, and I am so amused to see him flustering over my TMI. 

Unlike the embarrassed guy, Mrs Oh squeals and claps agitatedly at our reconciliation, almost bouncing off her bed if it wasn't for the IV drip, that is attached to her wrist, restricting her from making exaggerated body movements. Mr Oh laughs and walks to his wife to control her excitement, "Look at you! How are you even a patient?" 

"Now that my daughter-in-law has returned, I have recovered fully! Gosh, Areum," She reaches for my hands and holds them tightly, "You have no idea how devastated I was when Sehun told me that you two broke up. I lost my appetite and I even fought with him for hurting you! I am sorry for all the awful things Sehun said and did to you and I am really grateful that you decided to give him another chance. My son is such a horrible person and sometimes, I do think that he doesn't deserve you but I want you for him and I am sorry for being selfish. Aside you, no one else is a perfect match with Sehun, you are the best thing that has ever happened to Sehun," Mrs Oh sighs, "Thank you for tolerating Sehun and loving him despite his flaws."

Mrs Oh's words has touched my heart. She didn't need to apologise because I know, no matter how horrible Sehun is, I will end up falling for Sehun eventually and my heart will never stop beating for him. Sehun may not be the most perfect man out there, but neither am I a saint. To me, he is the best and he is enough for me. I love him for who he is. Even when he is blushing like a tomato by my blatant display of affection in the public.

 

"Am I really the best thing that has ever happened to you?"

Despite hearing that from Mrs Oh, I want to hear it from Sehun directly. Sehun looks so adorable with flushing cheeks; I don't think I will ever get tired of teasing him. He nods and hangs his head low to avoid making eye contact with me.

Grinning widely, I tip-toe and give him a kiss on his cheek, "You are the best thing that happened to me too."

A little strange to convey our feelings for each other in the hospital but ain't no one gonna stop us from doing it. 

"I hope you haven't forgotten what I said last night. Whenever you face a problem, you have to tell me, okay? Don't leave without a word like this morning. I almost thought last night was just a dream and we haven't made up."

Sehun puts his hands on my shoulder with an apologetic look, "I am sorry... I was just in a panic when my dad gave me a call, so I left without saying anything."

I take this chance to slide into his embrace and wrap my arms around his body again. Sehun's body turns rigid, and I can't help to laugh at the helpless boy, "You gotta be used to PDA. I am a very touchy person," I tilt my head upwards, due to our huge difference in height, and chortle at his reddened face, "Aren't I your lucky star? The moment we reconciled, your mum woke up."

When I feel Sehun's arms making its way to my waist slowly, my smile grows wider on its own accord. He is taking his first step to getting used to physical touch and I am such a proud noona to see him making progress.

"But your lucky star doesn't just stop her job here."

Sehun sends me a questioning look. 

"I may or may not have thought of ways to save Al Dente and get the victims to drop the lawsuit."

"Really?" 

"Yeah. I have a friend who writes on food and lifestyle for a renown digital magazine, she has been wanting to do an interview with you and I am talking to her about the interview currently. If she writes positive things about you and Al Dente, it would be a good publicity and perhaps, it can help save your restaurant. Secondly, have you paid the victims a visit?"

Sehun shakes his head, which is something I have already foreseen. 

"We are going to visit them personally and persuade them to drop the lawsuit. Afterall, the food poisoning incident was intentional and caused by someone who had evil intentions from the start. The blame can't be put on you entirely."

"Are you sure that will work?" Sehun gives me a skeptical look, "You sure you won't end up pulling their hair?"

I click my tongue and smack Sehun for making fun of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter