Mess 03

What A Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My mind is in a turmoil. My heart is beating in anxiety. I didn't experience such symptoms when I worked as an apprentice for the first time and I am not sure why I feel that way. Upon arriving at the address that Jongin gave me, I take a second look to see if I had read the address wrongly. The address is correct, but how did I end up at Al Dente, the restaurant owned by Oh Sehun? The uneasiness growing inside of me. Is this some sort of joke? I quickly search for the restaurant on the Internet and the address that pops out is the exact address that Jongin gave me. 

"Yah, Kim Jongin, are you trying to kid me? Why did you give me the address to Sehun's restaurant?" I yell into my phone the moment Jongin picks up the call and all he gives in return is a snigger.

"I am not kidding. I manage to persuade the other chefs to take you in last minute."

Jongin's voice sounded too real to be from the phone speaker and when I pull my phone away with uncertainty, my best friend jumps right in front of me, startling me with a loud boo.

"Morning, babe, let's go in!"

"No wait!" I yell, unwilling to step my foot into the high-class premise, "Tell me what you are up to, Kim Jongin. Or else that's the end of our friendship!"

"The engaged couple working together in the same restaurant, isn't that cute? You are going to be the lady boss of this place anyway, what's wrong with working here? Sehun didn't even mutter a word of protest when I discussed with him yesterday."

I am pretty sure my face has turned pale from hearing that horror story, "You know Sehun personally and you didn't tell me? So he knows we are best friends?"

Jongin's expression completely opposite of mine as he puts his arm around my shoulder to drag me into the restaurant, "Well, you can say so? I have been working at Sehun's restaurant for a year, honey, time to step up your Instagram game," He laughs, which further pisses me off at the fact that my best friend hides so many things from me, "Sehun pays well and he poached me over with a lucrative offer, why would I say no to money? You don't have to worry about your life in the future, Sehun will be able to provide you with a comfortable life." I totally don't give a about that, relying on my future partner is the last thing I am going to do. Girl power, hello?

"And yes, as of yesterday, he knows about our relationship," Jongin adds on, and that only makes me feel worse.

"I am not entering, I am not working at his restaurant. Dude, he hates me, and if I were to work here, he is going to hate me even more!" 

Although Sehun didn't state blatantly that I am not welcomed, it is pretty obvious from his repulsive behaviour and I am smart enough to catch it. Now he would probably think that I am some shameless woman leeching on my best friend for a job since my fiance wouldn't offer me one. Even though I grip onto the door tightly to show my reluctance, Jongin has the upper hand. He managed to peel my hands off the door and drag me into hell hole.

 

I make sure to stand at the back, behind the group of trainees reporting for their first day of work. One of the trainees caught my suspicious behaviour and I return a sheepish smile, trying to act as normal as I can. When the head chefs of the restaurant walk in, I gasp and I duck behind that trainee when I saw Sehun among the chefs entering. She turns around and eyes me with an irritated look, judging my weird behaviour. I quickly release my hands from her shoulder and remain

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter