Mess 12

What A Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Do y'all think Chef Oh will kick me out of the programme?"

I can totally understand Mina's worry. Sehun has said before, anyone who fails to meet his expectation will be asked to leave. Mina has been under the radar for making mistakes constantly, it won't be surprising if Sehun plans to dismiss her. He has thought about it, but I really wish he can give Mina a second chance. Not everyone is born to be a good cook like him, at least Mina is hardworking and she is willing to learn. Joowon and I approach her and give her a hug, hoping to comfort her somehow. But I know nothing will take that trouble off Mina's mind, except for Sehun. As long he makes it clear that he is not keeping her out of the apprenticeship, she will feel better. Maybe I should try my luck to negotiate with Sehun for the sake of my friend.

I whip out my phone and text Sehun, "Hey, can we meet for a while at the carpark? I have something important to say."

When I open the door hurriedly to leave, Somi calls for me, resulting the other girls to divert their attention to me as well.

"Areum, where are you going? It's almost 9am."

"I-uh, I think my period came, gotta use the washroom!"

And I escape the lockers room quickly before the rest can bomb me more questions.

 

"What is it?"

My hands turn clammy at the thought of talking to Sehun. He has been ignoring me ever since he kicked me out of the bathroom and he even chose to sleep on the couch and not share the bed with me. Clearly, he is offended by my behaviour last night. A part of me feels bad but another part of me doesn't feel any remorse because his body is such a feast to my eyes. I would do whatever to take a second glimpse again heh- wait, I am side tracking! Get a grip, Park Areum! I honestly thought Sehun will ignore my message but thankfully, he didn't. Park Areum, you want to ask him for a favour, you gotta be polite and control your temper. I have to repeat that sentence in my brain a few times to remind myself, in case I let my hot temper takes control of my body again and blow up the only chance to ask him not to dismiss Mina. 

"Are you planning to kick Mina out of the programme?"

He frowns, arms folded in front of his chest, "Why should I tell you?"

"Because I don't want you to kick her out. I hope you can give her a second chance."

"Why should she be given a second chance? I have never given any other trainees another chance before."

"She is hardworking! And I don't want her to go..."

The frown on Sehun's face turns into a cocky grin, "Everyone is hardworking here. Just because you put in effort, doesn't mean you will reap what you sow. Some people just don't have the flair for cooking. That's the cold, hard truth. So why bother wasting time then?"

I get that sometimes no matter how hard we try, things just don't go our way but we shouldn't invalidate someone's hard work. I believe that Mina didn't mean to make mistakes. It's okay to make mistakes, what's more important is to learn from your mistakes. 

"Aww, come on," I groan, throwing my hands up in the air in despair, "Just a second chance? If she s up again, then I am not begging for her."

"Why should I listen to you?" 

"Because I am your fiancee?"

He laughs, mockingly, "As if I care about that. Since you love to poke your nose into other people's affair so much, why not you leave on her behalf? If you leave, I will let her stay. Not like this is the first time you are helping her anyway."

I clench my fist, struggling to control myself. If I strike a punch on his face, it's really the end. So calm the up down, Park Areum.

"You are doing this as a form of revenge right? If you promise not to kick Mina out, I will leave your body alone."

Sehun's eyes widen, shock apparent on his pale face, "Excuse me?" He snaps, "You shouldn't even be looking at my body without permission in the first place! How dare you use that a threat!"

Seriously, why is he so narrow-minded and petty? Not like I did anything to his body, all I did was to... take a look... He is behaving like I took advantage of him in his sleep!

"Okay, fine, it's my fault. I am sorry, but I have already seen everything. I can't unsee it. How can I compensate?" I give in ultimately, since I need a favour from him. I am at a disadvantage afterall, "How about I show you my body? Then we are both even," I am not sure if he processed my words but I pop the first two buttons open anyway, flashing a little bit of my cleavage.

"Y-Yah!" Sehun stutters, as he stops me from continuing to pop other buttons open, "What are you doing?" He scans around the carpark in panic, "S-Stop your nonsense. I am not interested in your body and if anyone happens to see us, they are gonna think I am trying to molest you."

"Then will you give Mina a second chance?" I flutter my eyelids at my fiance, "Oppa?"

"Disgusting." Sehun deadpans, lips twisted like he is truly grossed out by my attempt to melt his rock heart with my cuteness. Just as he buttons my uniform, which I wasn't expecting him to do so, I hear someone running from behind, and suddenly, that person interrupts us and shoves his hands away from me, startling the two of us.

"What are you two doing?" 

Oh here comes the jealous fake ex-girlfriend. I am still not sure if Joohyun is Sehun's ex-girlfriend for real but let's just say she is a fake one for now. It's actually kinda funny to see Joohyun so riled up because she is always so aloof, and she usually doesn't show much emotion, except when it comes to Sehun. What charms do Sehun have exactly to be able to trigger the ice mountain and evoke such a huge reaction from her? Joohyn is completely bewitched by him.

"Oh hi, Chef Bae," I wave, pissing her off on purpose when I put my arms around Sehun's waist to hug him, "It's 2 minutes to 9am, I am allowed to have some alone time with my fiance right?"

"Yah," Sehun mumbles to me, "What are you doi-"

"Shh!" I hiss, and turn to Joohyun with a sarcastic smile.

Joohyun pulls my hands away from Sehun and separates the two of us, "Stop behaving inappropriately here! And take your hands off Sehun!"

Wow. She sounds so freaking jealous right then, as if she is Sehun's fiancee and I am the third party.

"You guys can continue to fight, I am out of here."

Sehun retrieves his arm away from Joohyun's grip and walks away. Joohyun shoots a death glare at me and mouths, "You watch out", before she runs to catch up with Sehun. I really need to know what's up with these two people and their past.

 

Every group has already started on their lesson and training when I enter the kitchen two minutes past 9 and Joohyun doesn't seem very pleased with my late attendance.

"Where did you go?" Jungwo nudges and whispers to me, "Chef Bae is annoyed."

"I had a stomachache," I lie again and I think I should come up with a better excuse next time. I have been using the same old trick and it won't be long before Joohyun and Jungwoo see through my lie.

"Either you have a weak stomach or you are full of huh, Park Areum? Maybe you should consider to get a check at the hospital?"

I am not sure if Jungwoo caught the venom in her voice but I definitely did. Doesn't she know that there is no point being jealous and being biased against me? If Sehun truly loves her, he would have voice his objection to this arranged marriage. Clearly, Sehun doesn't feel the same way as she does, why is she still so persistent over a love that is not reciprocated? Joohyun is pretty and she can be easily mistaken as a celebrity, she can sweep men off their feet effortlessly, can't she just get over Sehun and leave me alone? Who is the petty little girl now?

"I am sorry, Chef Oh. Is your hand okay?"

I turn to Sehun's group when Mina's apology caught my attention. Somi and Taeyong 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter