Mess 24

What A Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No sight of Sehun's car in the garage. Not a single soul in the living room and the kitchen. Running up the stairs, I rush to the door and barge into our room, only to be greeted by darkness and silence. Sehun is not in the room, he is still not back at home. This isn't just a prank anymore. Clenching onto the doorknob, I can feel my heart twisting with nerves and all sorts of thoughts start running through my mind. I don't want to think about the worst but if something happened to Sehun, I am never going to forgive myself. Instead of spending the night looking for Sehun, I hung out with Baekhyun. We danced and we kissed when Sehun is still missing. I am the most horrible person ever. 

Suddenly, something shines through the dark room and catches my attention. I walk over to the couch and I am surprised to see Sehun's phone lying there. Picking it up, I check his phone and beside my messages and missed calls, there are a lot of missed calls from Bae Joohyun too. It's not right for me to invade his privacy but at this point in time, I could care less. I open the messages Joohyun sent to him.

"Sehun, I sprained my ankle and I can't move. I am very scared. Can you come over to my place?"

"Sehun, are you there?"

"Hun-ah... why are you ignoring me?"

"Sehun-ah, where are you?"

Joohyun sent these messages around 4pm and of course, Sehun couldn't reply anyone because he left his phone at home. Gosh, why didn't I spot his phone on the couch before I left the house? Since Joohyun is injured, could Sehun be at Joohyun's place now? My eyes fall to his phone screen again. There is a high possibility that Sehun is at Joohyun's place and at the thought of a man and a woman alone in an apartment, I can feel my blood boiling in jealousy. Sehun may not do anything to Joohyun but that doesn't mean Joohyun won't jump on the opportunity. 

"What are you doing?"

My shoulder jolts and I spin around swiftly to the deep voice behind me. The man standing in front of me is Oh freaking Sehun! "Sehun??" Feeling shocked to see Sehun, I throw my arms around the guy that I have been worrying about for the whole day, "Yah! Where did you go? Do you know how worried I am? How can you forget to bring your phone out with you?" My voice raises a few decibels higher as I reprimand Sehun, but the anger I am feeling right now is more of a "I am worried" kind of anger. But above everything, I feel so relieved to see Sehun safe and sound.

Sehun snakes his arms around my body and I can feel my heart calming down and my anxiety melting bit by bit while he traps me in his embrace and lets me feel him right next to me. He is real. This is not a dream. Oh Sehun is real and he returns in one piece. I raise my head to look at him. Gosh, it has only been a day and I just realise how much I miss him, "What happened exactly?" 

"Joohyun sprained her ankle and when she couldn't get hold of me, she called Kyungsoo and ask for me. And that was when I realised I left my phone at home. Then, I went to her apartment to send her to the hospital. Afterwards I sent her home and went to the restaurant to take over her shift. Al Dente can't operate without a senior chef around."

"Luckily you are alright. I almost thought something bad happened to you..." At that moment, I don't want to let go of Sehun, as if he is going to disappear again if I were to release my arms off the man.

"You are worried?" I can hear a hint of uncertainty in his voice.

"Of course I am!" My brows furrowed as I send him a disapproving look, "What kind of question is that? How can I not be worried when you were unreachable for the whole day?"

"Are your parents angry that I did not turn up for the dinner? I didn't mean to."

I smile, knowing that Sehun does care about my parents. Funny how there was a moment where I suspected that he was pulling a prank on me. Come to think of it, that was the most absurd idea ever. I don't know Sehun for long personally but I have known him long enough to see what type of person he is and he is never the kind to play childish antics to hurt someone intentionally. 

"They are not, don't worry," I assure, "They even asked me to thank you for the delicious cake."

The subtle grin on Sehun's face didn't from escape my eyes, "That's good to hear. Anyway," Sehun pauses for a second before he continues, body fidgeting a little, "When are you going to stop hugging me? My body feels sticky and gross and I want to bathe. And I need to go visit Joohyun again."

As soon as I hear the last sentence, I pull away from Sehun, fiery gaze staring deep at him, "Why do you need to visit her again?" I might have sounded a little jealous when I said those words but seriously, why does Sehun need to visit her again? It's already past midnight! "You can't go! I forbid you to go!" I harrumphed.

"Don't be childish. Joohyun has difficulty moving around and I promised her that I will bring her supper after work. She needs to eat some food before taking the medicine."

Sehun pushes past me and heads to the closet while I follow behind him hurriedly and in panic. It irks me a little to see how much Sehun cares about Joohyun and I am starting to think that Joohyun might be right with her claim as his ex-girlfriend. Even if she isn't Sehun's ex-girlfriend, there must be something going on between the two of them because Sehun seems to care for her beyond just a friend. And Sehun doesn't do that for anybody. He is supposed to be impassive. When Sehun is about to head to the bathroom, I hold onto him firmly to stop him from making another step.

"Yah! What are you doing?" He asks, eyes bulging.

"If you insist on going, then I am going with you! No objection!"

 

"Sehun!"

I know Joohyun isn't expecting me to be at her doorstep but the discontent on her face is so damn obvious, as if she is screaming at me to get out of her place. Her smile falters the moment she sees me, "What are you doing here, Park Areum?"

To see if you are still alive. Just kidding, I bring the flask filled with porridge right up at her sight, "We made porridge for you! Sehun told me you sprained your ankle and since he is visiting you, I decided to tag along," I say in my fakest girlie voice ever because, why should I even be genuine and nice towards this ? 

While Sehun is away in the kitchen to grab a bowl and cutlery, Joohyun continues to send daggers at me even when I sit two seats away from her in the living room. The way she looks at me makes it seem like I am the third party. Please, I am the fiancee that Sehun's parents picked, not her. My eyes fleet everywhere except at that intimidating woman, who looks like she is ready to pound on me anytime. Even with an injury, I doubt she will lose to me in a fight. Joohyun has a pretty nice apartment. It's isn't surprising to see how organised and neat her things are; bet that runs in every perfectionist's blood. Among all the things in her place, the white photo frame next to the TV catches my attention. It's a picture of her and Sehun. They were both wearing uniform, and that photo seems like it was taken in high school.

"Have it while it's still warm."

Joohyun's expression softens right when Sehun appears and sits in between the two of us. After she put a spoonful of porridge into , she turns to Sehun, treating me like I am invisible, "The porridge tastes really good. Thank you for making it for me even though it's already so late."

"I didn't. Areum did."

Joohyun's horrified expression got me cracking up (mentally) and to infuriate her further, I wave and flutter my eyelashes at her, "Glad you enjoy the food, Chef Bae," She looks like she is going to charge towards me, if not for Sehun. Suddenly, she gives my porridge a look of despise before putting it on the coffe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter