Mess 09

What A Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Aww, aunty, don't you think they look the cutest?"

I stir in my sleep when I heard two voices, as if they are having a discussion about something, which I can't make out what they are saying. I want to continue sleeping because the bed feels too comfortable and I can't bring myself to get out of the bed. I hug Mr Bunny tightly in my arms. Not sure if I am hallucinating, but Mr Bunny feels especially warm that morning, and it feels more sturdy than before, not the soft material that I remember. Also, it moves! I could feel Mr Bunny's arms snaking around my body, bringing me closer to it. Strange. How can a non-living thing feel so... human? Something is wrong. My eyes snap open immediately and instead of the pink fluffy material, a piece of white cloth came into my vision. I blink my eyes continuously to see if my eyes were playing trick on me. The white cloth rises up and down rhythmically, as if imitating a person's breathing pattern. I shift closer and I could see a through the slightly thin material.

Holy ! I am lying on someone's chest! To be exact, I am sleeping on Oh Sehun's chest. I try to take a glance at our sleeping position and for two people who bark at each other everyday like enemies, our bodies are in the most intimate contact ever, okay minus the part. Legs entangled, arms around each other's body, and my head is directly on his solid chest - this body contact is driving my heart crazy. I have done way more intimate things with other guys but with Sehun, I am not sure why I feel embarrassed. And I feel even more shameful that I am lowkey enjoying this and I don't want to leave this warm embrace. His sturdy arms give me a sense of security and I feel like a baby being protected. Raising my head a little, I am surprised that Sehun is still deeply asleep despite me fidgeting non-stop. I his neatly-trimmed arched brows with my index finger. Sehun actually looks kinda cute when he is sleeping. And he looks even cuter because he isn't screaming or growling like a grumpy old man.

"Yup, continue to molest your fiance while he is sleeping."

I stop on the spot. Oh right, I almost forget the voices that disrupted my sleep on a Sunday morning. I flip and I see Jongin and Mrs Oh giggling, teasing the two of us for sleeping in such intimate position. Jongin is busy snapping pictures and I point at him with anger rushing through me, "Yah, Kim Jongin!" I hiss, not too loud to disturb Sehun and not too soft to go unheard by Jongin and Mrs Oh. 

"You guys look so cute sleeping together. I ship!"

"Me too! Aunty ships the two of you!" Mrs Oh forms a hashtag with her fingers, "Wait, Jongin, what should their ship name be?"

Are they seriously discussing about this while I am still trapped in Sehun's arms?

"Hmm, how about Serum?"

What kind of awful ship name is that? Serum? What are we? Skin care products? 

"Stop taking pictures, Kim Jongin!"

I would run and bash Jongin if I wasn't stuck on the bed with Sehun. That guy needs a beating on the . He never learns!

"Tsk, what's with the commotion in the morning?"

Oh crap, Sehun woke up and from his irritated voice, he didn't sound pleased to get his sleep disrupted. It's gonna be awkward when he finds us in this position. How did it happen anyway? Didn't I kick Sehun off the bed? He was sleeping on the floor last night, wasn't he? How did we end up sleeping in each other's arms?

"Yah, why are you hugging me?" Sehun retrieves his arms back and repels away from me, as if I was some contagious disease.

I roll my eyes at his repulsive behaviour. Please, I am the one who got taken advantage, "You hug me first, idiot."

"Huh?"

"Breakfast is ready, lovebirds."

Sehun turns to the door, which is only then he notices the presence of his mother and my best friend. After they leave us alone, I sit up, pulling my oversized tee down to cover as much of my thighs as possible when I see his eyes fleeting downwards my exposed skin, "ert," I then get off the bed, and Sehun looks at me with a dumbfounded expression. Maybe if we were a real couple, I would have squeezed his cheeks because his blurred and lost face makes him look ten times cuter than just now. But nope, who knows what he might do to me if I were to touch him again.

 

The spacious living room, the ticking clock, and the grey wall make the whole house look less homely today, as if there is no one else at home except for me. It was filled with chatters and laughter yesterday, unlike now. I roam and tour around the new house, is this how Mrs Oh feels when she is alone at home? Mr Oh is always going business trips while Sehun is always busy at his restaurant. As I make my way to the kitchen, I spot Mrs Oh making kimchi.

"Aunty? Where are Sehun and Jongin?"

"They have shift at the restaurant today."

I nod, no wonder the house seems quieter. Well, I guess without the biggest source of noise aka Kim Jongin around does make a difference to the place. 

"Do you need help?"

Mrs Oh laughs and shakes her head, "You know, whenever I cook, Sehun never offers to help."

I can hear a tint of sadness in Mrs Oh's voice and I feel bad suddenly. Cooking with my mother is like the best time for me to bond with her. We will chat and talk about almost everything, and we will exchange recipes too. I love cooking with my mother. I guess partly why I am so passionate in cooking is because of my mother. My mother makes the best comfort food, maybe that's how she won over my dad's heart, and I aspire to be someone who can make comfort food for my loved ones too. Unlike my mother, Mrs Oh doesn't have someone to share her love for cooking with, even though her son is one of the greatest chefs in Korea. 

"Sehun is an ."

The insult came off too naturally that I almost forget I am complaining about Sehun in front of his mother. Not that Mrs Oh would mind because I am sure, she agrees with me.

"Sehun is a complicated child. He doesn't express his emotions well and he is a closed book. Even as his mother, I don't know what's going on his mind most of the time. I don't even feel like a mum sometimes. When Sehun was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter